Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 18

Reload Thread: 2006 chevy crew cab suggestions

  1. #1
    Rsahota112's Avatar
    Rsahota112 is offline Member



    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    fresno
    Posts
    72
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    2006 chevy crew cab suggestions

    I need advice on what to do with my system i so far have good equipment, ive changed out my deck and am running an alpine 9855 with infinity kappa perfect 6.5 componants for the mids and hi's. I have a McIntosh450 watt amp pushing the componants. Im having a problem with bass though. the cab is very small and i dont know where to put a box. i would like to go with 12's im not a big fan of 10's and i dont care much for shallow mount subs There is no room under the seat and just a little behind the seats. I am also willing to remove center console to put a sub there. I have a Pc2 ppi that does about 1600 rms so i need subs that can take about 750-800 watts each.







  2. #2
    MrNiceGuy's Avatar
    MrNiceGuy is offline Senior VIP Member



    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    lousiana
    Posts
    188
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 2006 chevy crew cab suggestions

    jack up the seat..some man on here has 2 DD 2510 ported..there 10 but slam im sure...mabe do some kicker cvx...theylll handle the power..i have 2 06 l7 undermine sealed..sounds pretty good



    2007 Chevy Tahoe
    source-pioneer 7600p dvd touchscreen
    front stage- kicker ss 6.5..powered by kicker zx 250.2
    rear doors-jl audio xr 6.5 powered by eclipse ea2000
    2 Sound Splinter rl-p 15's powered by a kicker kx1200.1
    6 cubes, 30 hz

  3. #3
    Rsahota112's Avatar
    Rsahota112 is offline Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    fresno
    Posts
    72
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 2006 chevy crew cab suggestions

    ok so i went to a few of my local stereo shops and these are some of the ideas ive heard.

    1. I can do 2 treo SSi 12's in a fiberglass box sealed maybe even ported behind the seat and having it moved up an inch

    2. 3 W3v3's 10's behind the seat

    3. 2 diamond audio D6 10" subs behind the seat ported.

    4. 1 MTX 9500 12" in the armrest console

    5. 1 Diamond Audio 12" D9 in the Armrest

    Not quite sure about the armrest idea cuz i dont want to be feeling the bass all the time next to me but willing to do it if it gives me the best sound.

    If there are any subs or set ups that are better please post with ideas thanks




  4. #4
    JoeHemi57's Avatar
    JoeHemi57 is offline CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Little Rock, Arkansas
    Posts
    1,526
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 2006 chevy crew cab suggestions

    I like the D9 in the armrest idea but if you could port the Treos that would be a loud *** setup.



    References:
    ebay "joeshemi57"
    IonSQL, idealrealist, excelerater, siliconinja, khail19, Silver Supra, FoxPro5, edwelly, newtitan, Raven2201, cd6551, Colin+M

  5. #5
    bri487's Avatar
    bri487 is offline Banned



    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    birth canal
    Posts
    7,431
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 2006 chevy crew cab suggestions

    Quote Originally Posted by JoeHemi57
    I like the D9 in the armrest idea but if you could port the Treos that would be a loud *** setup.
    i had a treo tsx 10"s ported under the rear seat, but i dont think you have nearly the amount of space that the ext cabs do. the d9 i dont think will work good in a center console setup because it is so deep and will consume so much airspace all by itself, and they require a good amount sealed, and also they are very inefficient, i got rid of my tdx's in a hurry.

    i love my dd 2510"s ported in my truck. it sounds super clean and gets loud, but i dont think you have enough room.




  6. #6
    bri487's Avatar
    bri487 is offline Banned



    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    birth canal
    Posts
    7,431
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 2006 chevy crew cab suggestions

    Quote Originally Posted by Rsahota112
    ok so i went to a few of my local stereo shops and these are some of the ideas ive heard.

    1. I can do 2 treo SSi 12's in a fiberglass box sealed maybe even ported behind the seat and having it moved up an inch

    2. 3 W3v3's 10's behind the seat

    3. 2 diamond audio D6 10" subs behind the seat ported.

    4. 1 MTX 9500 12" in the armrest console

    5. 1 Diamond Audio 12" D9 in the Armrest

    Not quite sure about the armrest idea cuz i dont want to be feeling the bass all the time next to me but willing to do it if it gives me the best sound.

    If there are any subs or set ups that are better please post with ideas thanks
    behind the seat, i think a pair of 10"s will be your best bet, even if you have that much airspace. two 10"s with the right amount of airspace sound much better than a pair of 12"s with not enough space.

    and, dont go with the ssi's, they arent really for your application, and you better have 2000+ to feed them. i know, i ran them for a long time.




  7. #7
    Rsahota112's Avatar
    Rsahota112 is offline Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    fresno
    Posts
    72
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 2006 chevy crew cab suggestions

    Yeah im not sure how subs sound in a truck a lot of people are telling me that tens will sound better because ill have them in the cab. So im thinking if i port them will they be able to get deep bass out of them and hit low notes like 12's can. Any suggestions on what 10's to get and how many.




  8. #8
    bri487's Avatar
    bri487 is offline Banned



    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    birth canal
    Posts
    7,431
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 2006 chevy crew cab suggestions

    Quote Originally Posted by Rsahota112
    Yeah im not sure how subs sound in a truck a lot of people are telling me that tens will sound better because ill have them in the cab. So im thinking if i port them will they be able to get deep bass out of them and hit low notes like 12's can. Any suggestions on what 10's to get and how many.
    i dont think you have enough space to go ported, and if you do, i think you might be looking at a pair of 8"s or a single 10" at the most. i would do a pair of 10"s sealed if you have the space, or like three 8"s.




  9. #9
    Rsahota112's Avatar
    Rsahota112 is offline Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    fresno
    Posts
    72
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 2006 chevy crew cab suggestions

    suppostedly if i move my seat forward one inch i will have enough room for to D6 10" ported im going to go hear a crew cab with that set up in it hes running a 1500 watt zapco which i think is pretty comprable to my amp. I dont mind moving up my seat. I need something thatll bass out my friends truck He's been talkin a lot of S***, ive hit harder and cleaner then he did before when we both had cars, but now that were both truck owners well have to see. What do you think of 3 w3v310" sealed




  10. #10
    bri487's Avatar
    bri487 is offline Banned



    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    birth canal
    Posts
    7,431
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 2006 chevy crew cab suggestions

    Quote Originally Posted by Rsahota112
    suppostedly if i move my seat forward one inch i will have enough room for to D6 10" ported im going to go hear a crew cab with that set up in it hes running a 1500 watt zapco which i think is pretty comprable to my amp. I dont mind moving up my seat. I need something thatll bass out my friends truck He's been talkin a lot of S***, ive hit harder and cleaner then he did before when we both had cars, but now that were both truck owners well have to see. What do you think of 3 w3v310" sealed
    once again, you dont have enough air space for three 10"s sealed.

    and what 1500 watt zapco does he have?




  11. #11
    Rsahota112's Avatar
    Rsahota112 is offline Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    fresno
    Posts
    72
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 2006 chevy crew cab suggestions

    If you were doing an install in my truck what subs would you use and if you could move up or lift the seat what would you do, so pretty much what would you put in my truck and what would you mod.




  12. #12
    bri487's Avatar
    bri487 is offline Banned



    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    birth canal
    Posts
    7,431
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 2006 chevy crew cab suggestions

    Quote Originally Posted by Rsahota112
    If you were doing an install in my truck what subs would you use and if you could move up or lift the seat what would you do, so pretty much what would you put in my truck and what would you mod.
    i am not sure about moving the seat forward, and lifting it up wont benefit you as much as if you went under the seat with the box, which is out of the picture since you have the crew cab, and those are a nightmare under the seat. i would do a single 10" ported behind the seat given the proper volume, which you may or may not have. i dont know what is possible behind that seat. if you have enough, go with a single 10" ported, if not, go with like two 10"s sealed or three or four 8"s. i dont know what you want to do for power, and what you have for a budget, so i cant really help on product choice.




  13. #13
    tiger777's Avatar
    tiger777 is offline Senior VIP Member



    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    173
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 2006 chevy crew cab suggestions

    why not fiberglass your own box using the space underneath the seat and behind it? that should give you enough room for atleast 2 10s maybe 2 12s.

    You could move your seat up a little lift it up 2-3 inches and lay fiberglass on the floor and back of the truck and then do the same for the bottom of the seat and back of the seat; then just glass them together. Thats your best bet for getting the most airspace.




  14. #14
    Rsahota112's Avatar
    Rsahota112 is offline Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    fresno
    Posts
    72
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 2006 chevy crew cab suggestions

    Ok i just got back from a Local stereo shop in town and heard 2 treo ssi 12's I guess these dont need that much air space and with a wood / fiberglass box i could fit 2 12's along with moving up the seat an inch for extra clearance ive havent heard them in a car but does anyone know any thing about um.




  15. #15
    bri487's Avatar
    bri487 is offline Banned



    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    birth canal
    Posts
    7,431
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 2006 chevy crew cab suggestions

    Quote Originally Posted by Rsahota112
    Ok i just got back from a Local stereo shop in town and heard 2 treo ssi 12's I guess these dont need that much air space and with a wood / fiberglass box i could fit 2 12's along with moving up the seat an inch for extra clearance ive havent heard them in a car but does anyone know any thing about um.
    the ssi's like to be ported, you wont be happy with them sealed, the tsx is a much better option. i think the tsx is actually louder sealed than the ssi. and if you go with either one, you will want a lot of power. 800+ on the tsx and 1000+ on the ssi.

    edit, thats per woofer




Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts

1e2 Forum