Closed Thread

Reload Thread: alpine type r sound like ****

limitkid7 is offline sell wite

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

alpine type r sound like ****

ok why does everyone like alpine type r subs?? are they the best alpine makes or something or what? don't say b/c of sq...... p[lsssss don't say that

i heard them at circuit city w/an alpine amp running to them w/a bass mek. cd playing...

wasn't impressed at all.. i was like i konw this isn't hte stuff that everyone on am online and yahoo and this caraudio message forum is always saying is the ish*

but yet it was...... why??

JL SOUNDS SOOOO MUCH BETTER!

i know many people gonna hate on jl b/c of price blah blah blah, i guess everyone has their own opinion on this stuff.... but after hearing everyone always talkin about this alpine mess i had to hear it for myself.....

the single 12 polk momo sounded better to me than the 2 alpine type r 12s......

maybe it was circuit city not having somtehin right..... or something......... I HOPE THAT WAS THE CASE, OTHERWISE WHAT IN THE WORLD IS WRONG W/U FOLKS?

also, how come no one ever talks about mtx 8000, or diamond audios tdx series (sub) or their d7 series amps??

does eclipse have a hu that plays mp3's, if so what model number and name (or just give me a link)?

---
    White Dodge Charger 3.5L V6
    Diablo Predator

Alpine d310 TV
    Set of Focal Polyglass 6.5 Comps
    Set of Infinity Perfect 6.5 Comps
    1 JL Audio 300.4
    1 JL Audio 1000.1
    2 9510 mtx subs

bass_master is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

what the?

Dude, I don't know if your trying to justify your comments on one little experience in a shop which most likely didn't have anything turned right. This by no means gives you the right to flame a respected brand like alpine. Bang for buck man, alpine kicks ***.
    Last edited by bass_master; 11-10-2002 at 07:07 AM.

Old enough to do it, young enough to do it again.

Spddracer is offline Sounds Goooooood

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Did not relize you could listen to Type R's at circuit city , I think maybe you were listning to the Type E subs and yes they **** ! Maybe in your town they do but in mine Circuit City doesnt carry high end alpine just the low end stuff .

1990 300ZX Stage IV Twin Turbo

Pioneer Premier P940MP

CDT HD 6.5" Comps
    JL 300/4 Active
    (2) PG Ti10d
    Directed 1100d

"WORK HARD.....

PEOPLE ON WELFARE DEPEND ON YOU"

RangerMan is offline Premium Member RangerMan is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    While I don't like the Type R subs, you cannot go by what you hear in a shop...especially circuit city. You have to hear them in an install first.

Semi Retired SPL Master
    Review Commitee Organizer
    Team CarAudio.com Captain

147.3 Termlab

Stereo Integrity/Memphis/Pioneer/Optima/JL

2003 NSPL Regular Cab Record Holder

Big Thanks to Loyd Lowry and Nick Lemons from Stereo Integrity

MinorSkills is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    True, also they sound alot different in a enclosed trunk than in their huge room.

limitkid7 is offline sell wite

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    where i live they do carry high end stuff..

got that big mtx amp, has the type r alpine, and even the mtx 8000 subs, not rfl's though, wonder why haha

um, i guess you all are right, i'll try to see if somone has a good install around her so i can hear it..

people hype it up so much, i'm wanna see what's so da** good about it!

still don't think that i'll be impressed... and i'm not dogging alpine, just saying a lot of people think that alpine subs are just sooooooooo bada$$ and i'm not too sure that they are ALL that... might be good but as much as everyone talks i'd expect for the sub to get out the car, hop in drivers seat and turn corners for me

oh yeah, i heard the type e at the store too...

---
    White Dodge Charger 3.5L V6
    Diablo Predator

Alpine d310 TV
    Set of Focal Polyglass 6.5 Comps
    Set of Infinity Perfect 6.5 Comps
    1 JL Audio 300.4
    1 JL Audio 1000.1
    2 9510 mtx subs

bass_mekanik is offline i got 0.5 2 go til 145dbs

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    dam if you think alpine subs are that bad that the hell are you comparing them to because from my experience type r subs are phucking good as hell if i hade more money i would have got them instead of my type s 10's but please don't dis a respected brand like alpine unless you have heard them in tha flesh and tuned good and propper because no sound room will gove you an accurate perseption of the capability of a piece of equipment

eg my type s wern't setup to listen to in tha shop so the guy said come and we will get mine from thew car and put them in yours and we can see what they sound like and i said after 2 minutes i will have a pair thanks and now i can crank 138.6 Db much to his discust that is why he upgraded to 12's

sorry for the long post but i though i had better tell every on the story.

and just for the record type r 's are in my local shop and they sound like *** but in a car are as nice as hell

Alpine 7892 Deck will get converted to am mp3 deck one day

Apline DLC-176A splits

Alpine MRD-M1000 sub amp i want 3 more

Alpine MRV-T320 Split amp

Alpine SWS-1241 woofers X2 they are mums i have better subs in store

144.5 Db's worth on a linear X with mummys subs sealed wait till i port them and unleash the fury

7 Months and 2 jobs later i am back louder smarter and alot poorer so watch yo asses cause i am back

The aussie rice boi Slammed pulsar on 18's and tyres that are as thick as a condom :P

violator5spd is offline Post Wh0re Hunter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yep, they're in my Circuit City too and they sound like junk. Partly because they're not sealed very well and every time they try to slam you can hear air leak out around the edge. I was listening to a pair of 15's in my local store and from the way they had them setup, my friends 10" type-r's blew them away!

- John (AIM - ViolatorJF)

2000 Dodge Neon

DEH-P9300, JBL BP600.1, eD15A.22 in 2.5^3ft sealed

Closed Thread