Closed Thread

Reload Thread: help with subs just bought a new amp

Jeff22 is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

help with subs just bought a new amp

i just bought a kicker 300.2 amp today. it puts out 75x2 at 4ohm and 150x2 at 2ohm.

right now i'm running two 12" JLW0 subs in a sealed box at 4 ohm so they are only getting 75x2, but they still sound good. i'm more into SQ than SPL but i still like pounding and low bass.

the amp i replaced is a cadence ultra drive z100 which i don't have specs on but it was loud but didn't sound real clean, this amp is about the same as loudness but much the bass is much crisper.

basically what i'm looking is a DVC sub so that i can get the 150x2 at 2ohm out of this amp because i think it will be louder and still sound nice and clean which is what i want.

I'm looking at $160 a piece or less for the subs. like i said i have a sealed box and it is about 1.5 cubic feet per sub.

basically i want a sub that is going to have good sound quality but allow me to get a 2ohm load. right now i'm looking at kicker vr12 DVC they are about $150 a piece from a local shop. any other suggestions???

I would not be against keeping these current subs if i can't do better or even going with 10"s in a new box if i can't get good 12"s in my price range. thanks for any help.

violator5spd is offline Post Wh0re Hunter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The Iniinity Perfects are right in your price range and sound very good. They have loud clean bass, but also do a good job at delievering the lows. They're rms is about 350 but they would still sound good with 150w.

- John (AIM - ViolatorJF)

2000 Dodge Neon

DEH-P9300, JBL BP600.1, eD15A.22 in 2.5^3ft sealed

KoBan715 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I would go with the eD "K" line 12's ro 10's there alot of people say that they get loud and have very nice SQ even with lower power.

Processor: AudioControl EpicCenter
    Amp: Autotek SX-2300
    Sub: 1 Re Hc-10

jlman is offline Review Committee

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    1 12 CMPX2 spend the extra money and buy one. You will think you have more then one sub trust me just good luck finding one. Espically a cheap one look on ebay and look hard. If not I would buy two Crystal Cse 12s I reviewed this sub and they are amazing for the price they are IMO ranked next to if not above the JL w6s. They sound amazing crisp and can get very loud at the say time and they are only like 40 a piece off ebay get on there take a look at em. But the CMPX2 is what i would go for first.

Closed Thread