Closed Thread

Reload Thread: all out SPL setup for next year's texas heatwave

bumpin_blazer is offline Only the Strong Survive

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

all out SPL setup for next year's texas heatwave

alright i'm going to be at next years texas heatwave which is one of the bigger audio shows in texas so i'm asking you guys for some suggestions on sub/amp combos. i am going to be part of an audio team prolly by next wed. so i am thinking of going through who the head of the team knows. he knows RE very well and thinking of a pair of XXX's and a pair of Revo amps or something along those line. anyway gimme some suggestions guys prefer a pair of 12"s and nothing horribly insane expensive. anything is welcome though just keep it reasonable.

adam

2006 Bright Island Blue 6s: stock 6 disc in dash, Hertz Hi-Energy 6.5" comps, MB Quart Ref 12", eclipse 5-channel sub amp.

Car mods: Lowered on Mazdaspeed springs with Koni Yellow shocks, Racing beat front/rear sway bars with AWR end links, LED turn signals, tail lights, front side markers, 18" ADR Cypher rims, 55w HID's in low beam and fogs, 5% tint all the way around. No go fast mods yet...tuning and Mazda6 don't go well together .

Steve a.k.a. ss3079: So this one lady goes, "These ignorant people who drive around blasting there music, they cant hear emergency vehicles"
    So that set me off, and I said "Well then why do they let deaf people drive?"

AOL: JmKeenen

cmbyomamma is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    hey fellow texan i will also be there too but back to the topic your shopping list sounds real good where can i find dd subs at i haven't even heard of them untill today but go with triple x or brahma

man i spent all my money on phillies & weed

hey ! debo, you just got knocked tha f**k out

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    brahma is like a 50/50 split spl sq. i'm wanting like 70/30 or even 80/20. no offense to those who use it but if you suggest audiobahn i will disregaurd your post b/c i won't touch their stuff.

adam

2006 Bright Island Blue 6s: stock 6 disc in dash, Hertz Hi-Energy 6.5" comps, MB Quart Ref 12", eclipse 5-channel sub amp.

Car mods: Lowered on Mazdaspeed springs with Koni Yellow shocks, Racing beat front/rear sway bars with AWR end links, LED turn signals, tail lights, front side markers, 18" ADR Cypher rims, 55w HID's in low beam and fogs, 5% tint all the way around. No go fast mods yet...tuning and Mazda6 don't go well together .

Steve a.k.a. ss3079: So this one lady goes, "These ignorant people who drive around blasting there music, they cant hear emergency vehicles"

violator5spd is offline Post Wh0re Hunter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Do you just not like audiobahn stuff? But anyways, I think the XXX's could really do wonders for you. A nice huge ported setup could really boom.

- John (AIM - ViolatorJF)

2000 Dodge Neon

DEH-P9300, JBL BP600.1, eD15A.22 in 2.5^3ft sealed

cmbyomamma is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    hell no i think audiobahn ***** *** we must think alike b/c i put 1000watts two one 15 inch model dont recall which and the XXXXer blew a 3 inch hole in the cone

man i spent all my money on phillies & weed

hey ! debo, you just got knocked tha f**k out

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    no i just think that audiobahn isn't for me. i have heard their stuff the ultra linear compersion and the flame q's they are very good for SPL but i know that even somethin like a L7 will spank one b/c i've done comparison of them. i am prolly gonna go with either a pair of XXX or a pair of L7's i just don't know. anyone wanna buy a pair of DD3515's??

adam

dreid is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    why not use the DD's for a while, what amps do you plan to get?

Dave Reid
    SoundWerx

Sspider is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by dreid
    why not use the DD's for a while, what amps do you plan to get?
    yea, use the dd's...
    i haven't been upto date with what ya been doing with them, but u got them already, why not spend the time to work with that, i kno people have told u this and that, now please enlighten me with what ya done with them... BUT make your own opinion on them, spend the time u spend on ur old set of subs on the dd and see wut happens...please tell me wuts up...

sspider

............under construction.......

AIM CisKO4u

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i haven't really done much with my audio setup as of late nothing really in fact. i just quit my job at best buy over a month ago and funds are extremly tight. i know i'm not going to run more than a single sub for the time being. my buddy is building me a 4cuft ported box tuned to 45hz for the single 3515 that's what DD suggested to me so i'm gonna try it. i just was thinking maybe somethin new for next year's heatwave but it isn't until june so i got like 6 months to think and plan and prepare. i will keep you guys posted on my 3515 though i'm getting the box by sat. so i will post either sat. night or sunday sometime. oh and for amps i'm going to run a single MA 5011DX to it and if i decided to run both 3515's i would just buy a 2nd ma amp.

adam

LoneRanger is offline Old Yamahas Give Me Wood

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by cmbyomamma
    hell no i think audiobahn ***** *** we must think alike b/c i put 1000watts two one 15 inch model dont recall which and the XXXXer blew a 3 inch hole in the cone
    i think you're full of ****. i know every single audiobahn product, and the only 15 they have ever made that wouldn't take 1kw was the natural sound woofer......and if you're stupid enough to put a kilowatt to one of those, it's your fault.

Originally posted by bumpin_blazer
    i have heard their stuff the ultra linear compersion and the flame q's they are very good for SPL but i know that even somethin like a L7 will spank one b/c i've done comparison of them.
    Adam, what have I told you about being a dirty hater monster?
    PS: I've done side-by-side comparisons of Kicker L7's and Audiobahn 1205Q's and guess which one is louder.....(hint: it's not square). That's a fair comparison because they cost about the same and will take about the same amount of power.....but if you wanna get all crazy and technical, i'm still hitting harder than you did with the L7 you borrowed with just a ****** old $120 AW1200Q......but that has little to do with the driver and a lot to do with all the time i've put into this thing.

"There is no 'I' in Tag Team"

Project 'rex: Coming Soon to An Eardrum Near You

EpocZ is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    where would you rate an pg ti12d sub at ? (sq/spl)

Like Subaru?
    Meet Volkswagen

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    your not hitting harder than i am loneranger. i did a 148.4 with a 48hz port in an SUV with an L5 not L7. you can find an L5 for about 200 and if you compare yours is also a much higher tune which makes it easier to hit that high of a #. i'm just going off what i've done with a side by side comparison you know i don't hate audiobahn it's just not for me. i've seen all the pics of your car and read your scores very impressive both the car and the score but you know we have dif. tastes buddy.

adam

LoneRanger is offline Old Yamahas Give Me Wood

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    adam: not to be nit-picky or start any ****, but if i remember correctly, you were using an AC mic, not a linear-x......i'm capable of well over 150db's on the AC mic.

i appreciate the fact that not everyone likes audiobahn.....and i'm not gonna tell you that you should.

also, all suv's have way better acoustic signatures than single cab trucks, meaning it's way easier to get way louder. the way it sits right now, nothing short of cutting my truck into pieces will get me over the 150 mark on the linear x.

"There is no 'I' in Tag Team"

Project 'rex: Coming Soon to An Eardrum Near You

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i would guess i'd be around a 146 on the linear x with that L5 would you say about that?? also i was running my amp at 2ohm mono getting 250less rms so i am going to try out a dual 2 3515 for a little bit see how that works. anyway you know i've agreed with you many times about audiobahn being VERY capable subs but we also know that i don't like them but won't dis them. if you read the post i didn't dis them just said i know an L7 is capable of more or at least when i have seen it they did.

adam

DGinstallations is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Icon31

Originally posted by cmbyomamma
    If it blew a hole in the cone then it is your fault being stupid enough to put that much to a sub that couldnt handle it.

Derek
    D.G. Installations

Closed Thread