Reload Thread: Dynaudio vs Focal vs A/D/S etc

RBT
    RBT is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Icon32 Dynaudio vs Focal vs A/D/S etc

Newbie alert

I've been lurking on a number of groups for a years here in the UK, but as I'm moving to the USA next year I thought I'd better start finding some like-minded friends on that side of the pond

I'm between cars currently, but I'll be getting a new motor when I get to the US which I intend to do a fairly serious install in. It'll be and Alpine-based mobile cinema system (DVA-7996 & PXA-H700 I think), with "Genesis" Amplification (4x150w, 4x55w, 1x160, 1x250 RMS into 4ohm).

I've already got a set of Dynaudio's System-240's (6.5" mid, 1.1" tweets), but in my new steed I want to put some larger speakers up front (door builds).

I wanted some recommendations for alternatives to the high-end Dynaudio MW-190's (~8") woofers I'm currently looking at.

I've heard that Focal do some rather nice kit, and that A/D/S do too, but I'm not familiar with either range. Anyone here able to advise me on this choice?

TIA,

Ross.

denim is offline SSAudio.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    I have not had a ton of experience with the Dyna' s but A/D/S has always been at the high end for audiophiles with out a doubt and Focals are awsome speakers regardless of what model, both kick nice, but I lean toward A/D/S

CarAudio.com mod(original)

RBT
    RBT is offline Junior Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks Denim, I will put both on a shortlist to test.

Should I be looking anywhere else too?

For example, many moons ago I heard a set of Image Dynamics horns in a BMW 5-series done up by BBG (ID's distributor in the UK, they also did Phoenix Gold etc). It was a professional demo car so no real surprise that it sounded superb to me. Are the horns still at the cutting edge in the USA these days?

I ask because I'd say the UK scene is probably 12-24 months behind stateside innovations and I want to be as informed as possible before laying my hard-earned wedge down...

I'm open to all sorts of ideas for this install still

Cheers,

Ross.

Closed Thread