Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Reload Thread: Went to my first comp here's the results

bumpin_blazer is offline Only the Strong Survive

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Went to my first comp here's the results

alright last night was a little show in town that had about 20-30 cars entered for the soundoff portion of the show about 10 of them for an actual best of show car. anyway since my car is a piece of crap i ran in the sound off. as you can see from my setup at the bottom i run a pair of Blaupunkt overdrive 12"s in a 4.5cuft sealed box. running in the 2 12" category i hit a 148.4 on the dash with an audio control mic earning a 2nd place. i got beat by a guy running 2 12"s in a mazda extended cab truck with over 2kw rms to his subs he hit a 147.something. then i had a buddy of mine build me a box for a single L5 15" in a 2.5cuft ported box tuned to 48hz. this thing was awesome!!!! i used to not have faith in kicker subs but now WOW is all i can say. running my MA amp at 2ohm mono giving it 750rms i hit a 148.4 on the dash and took first place in the single 15" setup. there were 2 higher scores than mine 1 was a guy running 6kw rms to each of his Memphis 15"s and the other was a guy running a pair of 15"s but i'm not sure how much power or what. so just thought i'd let you guys know how the old jimmy favored up at my first comp. the scores and pics of the cars will be on the team that hosted the events site hopefuly within a few weeks i'll keep you guys posted. now to get a dual 2ohm L7 in that box and try to break the 150 mark.

adam

2006 Bright Island Blue 6s: stock 6 disc in dash, Hertz Hi-Energy 6.5" comps, MB Quart Ref 12", eclipse 5-channel sub amp.

Car mods: Lowered on Mazdaspeed springs with Koni Yellow shocks, Racing beat front/rear sway bars with AWR end links, LED turn signals, tail lights, front side markers, 18" ADR Cypher rims, 55w HID's in low beam and fogs, 5% tint all the way around. No go fast mods yet...tuning and Mazda6 don't go well together .

Steve a.k.a. ss3079: So this one lady goes, "These ignorant people who drive around blasting there music, they cant hear emergency vehicles"
    So that set me off, and I said "Well then why do they let deaf people drive?"

AOL: JmKeenen

Mark_ab is offline The Alpha Male

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Congrats man, that's a good score.

Is this not a reasonable place to park?

kmu
    kmu is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Awsome #'s... How many watts where you running to both set ups?

Great score with the 15L5...

2009 GMC Sierra Denali

In the works...

HU= OEM
    Front stage= oem
    Back stage= oem
    Subs= oem
    AMPS= Alpine PDX 4.100, Alpine PDX 1.600

Corsica is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    For real man thats an awsome score!!! I hope to be around 140 when i get another 2 or 2 more.

J

"A man doesnt win a war by dying for his country. He does it by making the other poor dumb son of a beyotch die for his." Patton

No system installed, but getting all the parts together.

J

LoneRanger is offline Old Yamahas Give Me Wood

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    WTG adam! very nice scores, especially for the first time around.

i have never had faith in kicker either, but i wont bash it.....been beat by it too many times to talk ****. i'll just let you in on the little chant we had going last year at the Jackson show

"I'd Rather Be A '****-****-Errrrrr' Than Compete With A Kickerrrrrrr!"

Doesn't really make sense, but it's really funny to say over and over when you're stoned and waiting for your turn in the lanes.......especially when the kid in the car with the square subs keeps flipping you off for it

"There is no 'I' in Tag Team"

Project 'rex: Coming Soon to An Eardrum Near You

LoneRanger is offline Old Yamahas Give Me Wood

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    here's another chant i just remembered.....

"They'll play hockey in hell before I'll buy a JL"

"There is no 'I' in Tag Team"

Project 'rex: Coming Soon to An Eardrum Near You

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i was running 1ohm mono so 1000rms to the overdrive 12"s and 2ohm mono so 750rms to the L5 15". honestly i'm shocked and still impressed with them but like i said in the last post my buddy got this L5 for free made the box for free he's making a box for my DD3515 and going to get his hands on a dual 2ohm L7 15". now that will be one good head to head competition don't you guys think?? gonna see if i can break 150's with a single 15" on both i think it can be done but not sure. anyway thanks for the support guys when the site get's up with the scores and all that good stuff i will hit you back with the link.

adam

2006 Bright Island Blue 6s: stock 6 disc in dash, Hertz Hi-Energy 6.5" comps, MB Quart Ref 12", eclipse 5-channel sub amp.

Car mods: Lowered on Mazdaspeed springs with Koni Yellow shocks, Racing beat front/rear sway bars with AWR end links, LED turn signals, tail lights, front side markers, 18" ADR Cypher rims, 55w HID's in low beam and fogs, 5% tint all the way around. No go fast mods yet...tuning and Mazda6 don't go well together .

Steve a.k.a. ss3079: So this one lady goes, "These ignorant people who drive around blasting there music, they cant hear emergency vehicles"

denim is offline SSAudio.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    good job, now you have the competitions bug, dont let it bite you

CarAudio.com mod(original)

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well actually Adam, if Nate Munson can do a 169.3 (or was it a 169.8?) with 1 10" DD 9515 and alot of tuning and tweeking, why couldn't you do 150's with one 15??? And how da **** did he get an L5 for free???

J

"A man doesnt win a war by dying for his country. He does it by making the other poor dumb son of a beyotch die for his." Patton

J

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    to be totally honest i have no doubts in my mind that i can break 150's after seeing my single L5 do a 148.4 in a box that took like 2 hours to make thrown together quickly for the comp and you could still smell the fresh paint at the comp so i know i can do it. oh and the way he got that sub for free is b/c the shop he works for gets subs for free from kicker if they sell/promote enough of their stuff. he has the L7 dual 2 i just have to get to his house and wire that bad boy up along with getting my 3515 into it's box and tweek with that bad boy. this was a smaller comp. though the only big ones around ATX are like Texas Heatwave and a few others i'm just surprised to see that my system hit a higher db than almost everyone there.

adam

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hook me up with some kickers man!!! Your boy's gotta be able to help!!! Good luck breaking your 150's though. I have a goal once i get a blazer or Jimmy........to be able to rattle the 2nd story windows at my school as I drive by. I want the school to know I am here!!!!!!

J

J

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i can hardly get them for myself let alone someone else. he would be willing to sell one though although i'm not sure how much i can ask if you'd like. also it's very rare that he get them and they aren't a "normal" L5.

adam

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    about that rattle thing that is what i was impressed with. my car was the biggest piece there b/c i got in an accident and haven't gotten my car fixed yet and b/c it's a 93 so a few people snickered at me. then i entered the lane and turned on my bass and did my 144 with the 12"s no rattle from my car was really heard outside and people just kinda stopped snickering then. then when i did my 148 with a single 15" and beat 1 guy who laughed at my car that had a pair of 15" who did like a 143 or 145 he really shut up.

adam

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Dude IM me next tyme u see me on AOL. I would like to get an L5 from him. It would be an awsomr investment even though I don't love 15" I am looking for sick amts. of bass but gotta keep SQ in mind too. Like 60/40 split of SPL/SQ

J

J

nick310 is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    what kind of amp were you using to push the l5 blazer?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast