bass_mekanik is offline i got 0.5 2 go til 145dbs

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: 10" Vs 12"

Originally posted by scsi
    whats the goods and bads of each? sorry...i cant search for 10 or 12 =\
    a 10 will generaly have better sq than a 12 but the spl is sacraficed as well as the ability to play very DEEP notes most pep[ole will pick 12's because they are a comprimise between boom and sq ie 15 and 10 i personaly like 10's better with most subs because it is different to the norm and i like to suprise the hell out of pepole at shows with 2 10's setup for sqpl and fair smack in the middle of it no spl for me with this system but it will boom well if i want the next system i make will be for spl with a little bit of sq on the side

Alpine 7892 Deck will get converted to am mp3 deck one day

Apline DLC-176A splits

Alpine MRD-M1000 sub amp i want 3 more

Alpine MRV-T320 Split amp

Alpine SWS-1241 woofers X2 they are mums i have better subs in store

144.5 Db's worth on a linear X with mummys subs sealed wait till i port them and unleash the fury

7 Months and 2 jobs later i am back louder smarter and alot poorer so watch yo asses cause i am back

The aussie rice boi Slammed pulsar on 18's and tyres that are as thick as a condom :P

BenTLocK is offline BlaZeN4Sho

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    alot of people get 12".. seems to be in the middle of spl and sq on *some* subs..

mrray13 is offline uz some fegbags

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    in theory, and all things equal, the 12"s will get louder and reach lower notes due to larger surface area. the 10"s would be more responsive, better sq, due to lighter weight and the ability to recover. in the end, it's what u like, enclosure, how much room u have,$, and power that'll decide. 10's can be loud, 12's can sound great........ i have 8's that get loud and sound ok. IMO, 12's are the perfect all-around sub. large enuff surface to get loud and low, yet small and light enuff to be responsive and provide hit as well as boom.

hope that helps..............

Quote Originally Posted by lilmaniac2
    Your circles look like something a HMO doctor would do to a **** job ....
    ^^^ speaking about cbfryman's jigsaw ability

owner of Thread posts 11111 & 12345

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

denim is offline SSAudio.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    well with recent technology, these new subs the current 12's are just as clean (SQ) and just as responsive as the 10's of a few years ago, 12's seem to be the most bought size of sub out there, because people want the biggest sub usually and many can't fit 15's so they go with 12's

CarAudio.com mod(original)

nick310 is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    you think there will be a big difference between the 10" l5 and the 12" l5?

GSteg is offline Custom User Title

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    sound quality dfferences between 10" and 12"? all i can think of is that the 12" will reach lower notes. they will both hit the same and be both responsive, but the lower extention notes of the 12" will make it seem as the subs are slower. also, subs don't hit "tight". disable all the speakers so only the subs are playnig. put in the most "tightest" bass hitting song in and see how tight it is after that. the tightness from music are reproduced thought the midbass region. so if you want that "tight" responsive system, you'll need midbass drivers. the bigger the sub you have, the stronger/bigger the midbass driver needs to be. many sound quality systems are using 15" and 18" simply because most 10" and 8" won't reach the lower bass region (most will just bottom out)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My turn!.....lol
    ....these guys are right and that's why I went with the 10" midbass drivers and the 12" for the bass at 100 hz and below. You can't have it all with one speaker so you should figure out what you really want to hear / feel and then design it that way.......you won't regret it, no matter how long it takes. If you have to go with just one though, I suggest a set of high power 10" ported......boom and hit, that was my last set. Or 12" sealed, big boom but accurate.....just the way the artist intended the sound to be. In the end it is your preference and no one hear is gonna argue with you cause most have already been there..........

"HOPE i DIDN'T CONFUSE YA"

Make it better......

Corsica is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Personally i love the way a 12" sounds in a ported box rtuned lower 40's upper 30's. It hits, makes rerally phat lows and still has room to play.All I know is personally I have my MA 12" XE ported and i love it!!!

J

"A man doesnt win a war by dying for his country. He does it by making the other poor dumb son of a beyotch die for his." Patton

No system installed, but getting all the parts together.

J

scsi is offline Senior VIP Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    heres a lil more info for ya, im deffinitely getting Image Dynamics IDQXX D4 V2, where the XX is either 10 or 12. just a single, gunna be powered w/ an Alpine MDR-M500 amp to power it. also, putting it in a seald box probably.

fdfs :: insomniaq.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ONE MORE THING.....
    In a sealed box either woofer will require more power for the hit, cause the power handling capacity is maximized, but it also draws more power from your alternator and the amp that's where people run into trouble with big systems.
    On the other hand, in a ported box you will get more bass with significantly less power draw from your amp and the alternator. So depending on how much you want to keep spending.......on a high output alternators and things like that, I would definitely consider that idea as well.......especially if you have a second amp for the mids/ highs.

"FIGURE ABOUT 14 WATTS FOR EVERY 1 AMP"

Make it better......

Closed Thread