Closed Thread

Reload Thread: OK Now I need advice on my next choice...

BiGD33nS is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Icon32 OK Now I need advice on my next choice...

Hi,

Ok now I have a 04 Neon SXT and I just did a quality audio install to it but the only remaining stage is my subwoofer stage.

This is a daily driven car which will be playing music mostly like House, Techno, Rap... some alternative... yes I love music.

I'm going for SQL... don't want to be loud to others but for me in my car, feel great bass for multiple kinds of music but with good Quality.

Right now, I have CDT's EF-61CFi up front in my doors powered by a Bridged PG Octane-R 5:0:4. My car already has Dash speakers which pushes clean upper end sound so my front stage is done. Stock 6x9's up rear that does the job. I have deadened my doors with B-Quiet Ultimate with a lot more ready for the trunk which will be installed later on...

I am all wired (allready installed ) from Knukonceptz with 0 guage for my main power line, and have spare 0ga wire for my big 3 soon enough.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOW, I am really confused for my subwoofer setup. I am looking for a Single 12 inch setup pushing around 500-1000w RMS. I need more room since my twin cheapo legacy's that I have right now takes too much place in the trunk.. so Single sub is my way to go.

My main sub choice is a Type-R, as I read everywhere, good all around sub with a really good price tag on the net. I glanced a bit on the New Kicker CVX but can't find reviews on it so I don't know what class can be qualified. Also, I like the Type-X but people tend to say that it isn't loud but some others do say it's loud enough. The JL w6v2 is well... interesting for not for his price tag.

Since I live a village in quebec, Canada, ppl around here think because they have a RF stage1 150 RMS sub powered by a legacy amp is hot... and our audio shops around here are Thiefs and doesnt carry much higher end brands, I stick to online shopping.

My amplifier choice will be a Class D amp that will AT MINIMUM match the subwoofer RMS power or more. (like giving the type-r 600-650w... for exemple)
    I was looking forward into brands like to
    -Hifonics (1200d)
    -Alpine (mrv-605/1005)
    -Phoenix Gold Xenon series (600.1)
    -PPI DCX (good price on the 1000.1)

I'm on a budget of.. let's say 400$ MAX (Excluding shipping) for the sub and the amp. The box will be made y myself later on.

Anyway what I want is your opinion guys, I need an SQL setup that will still shake my fat booty but will not shake the neighbour block out of it's basement and still keep great quality That will gently mix with my highs THANKS IN ADVANCE
    Last edited by BiGD33nS; 03-14-2006 at 10:58 PM.

iltoivfe is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: OK Now I need advice on my next choice...

how about an rl-p? sounds like what youre looking for.

CAR: 1997 BMW 328i
    HU: ALPINE CDA-9835
    SPEAKERS 6.5" PIONEER TS-A1681
    SUB AMP: ORION 1200D
    In search of subs....

Refs: jimmclrk1, MikeyB, ingleside

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I am really looking forward the kicker CVX. Been reading a bit of what people are saying about it in here like Polecat and well I want to compare it (both 12'') with the Type-R.

Is it more SQ oriented then the Type-R or more SPL like an L7? I also read that it is more adequate on sealed enclosure applications, compared to the R being ideal in an box tuned to around 32hz. I'd like more using sealed box (personnal preference but still in between) having a flat response for SQ and still able to wang decently.

Give me inputs, Thanks.

dkguitarist is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

rl-p or even the ss series. also, look into the re audio subs. the re re line is inexpensive and i hear are great sq drivers and have the ability to get loud.
    Last edited by dkguitarist; 03-15-2006 at 09:39 AM.

2003 Chevy Cavalier
    HU:880PRS - SUB AMP: IA 20.1 - SUB: 13w7 (15" 05 XXX awaiting new box)

FOR SALE: USHER 9950 TWEETERS, USAMPS HCA-25 2 CHANNEL, XXX XBL^2 6.5" MIDS, Kicker KX300.2 amp

Refs: zachzchw, AcidicDreams, Mr Tibbs, Mr Teacha, vetkilr, Blunt, Showrides, Mihklo, QtrHorse, vosschs, nvruckus, jeeper07, sakura, iceteebone, 2loud4u, eatank, brents, bookechu, young_gun, maldecido33, pickup1, angryeric116, go_go_thrash, gentlejax, superblack350z, and 100% ebay feedback. (dkguitarist454)

nVRuckus is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dkguitarist
    rl-p or even the ss series. also, look into the re audio subs. the re re line isn't inexpensive and i hear are great sq drivers and have the ability to get loud.
    RE RE is 175watts RMS I think an SE would be a better option. but personally I would take the RL-P over all the choices on the board right now but of course i never heard the kicker in question.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I also live in Canada, I don't know if RE or Sound Splinter ships in Canada... IF you know online retailers in canada OR in USA which is able to ship here would be appreciated.

I glanced a bit on the SE and the SX line, they seem quite nice. Same for the RL-P but my problem now is the availability of these to ship in Canada.

The subs I was talking about were the ones I can have easily online. I'm still open to suggestions.

dkguitarist is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

just look on resonantengineering.com and see if you can locate a dealer. if not you have to call them and ask cuz they're not responding to emails cuz they've been shorthanded (i emailed yesterday and got an automated message in reply).

as for soundsplinter.com, email them or look for a dealer as well.

2003 Chevy Cavalier
    HU:880PRS - SUB AMP: IA 20.1 - SUB: 13w7 (15" 05 XXX awaiting new box)

FOR SALE: USHER 9950 TWEETERS, USAMPS HCA-25 2 CHANNEL, XXX XBL^2 6.5" MIDS, Kicker KX300.2 amp

Refs: zachzchw, AcidicDreams, Mr Tibbs, Mr Teacha, vetkilr, Blunt, Showrides, Mihklo, QtrHorse, vosschs, nvruckus, jeeper07, sakura, iceteebone, 2loud4u, eatank, brents, bookechu, young_gun, maldecido33, pickup1, angryeric116, go_go_thrash, gentlejax, superblack350z, and 100% ebay feedback. (dkguitarist454)

Closed Thread