Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Xtant X1244 sub?!?!?!

mav2002 is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Xtant X1244 sub?!?!?!

anyone try the new Xtant X1244 12" subs? i am going between the new Phoenix Gold Titanium 12" subs or the Xtant 1244 subs. I will probably use about 1400 watts to both (700 watts to each sub). Which one is better for a good balance of SPL and SQ?

bumpin_blazer is offline Only the Strong Survive

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i say forget both you can better for half the price of either woofer. the PG good sub just what like a grand for 1 and the xtant **** on xtant! sorry if that's rude just my opinion i say look into better for the price brands.

adam

2006 Bright Island Blue 6s: stock 6 disc in dash, Hertz Hi-Energy 6.5" comps, MB Quart Ref 12", eclipse 5-channel sub amp.

Car mods: Lowered on Mazdaspeed springs with Koni Yellow shocks, Racing beat front/rear sway bars with AWR end links, LED turn signals, tail lights, front side markers, 18" ADR Cypher rims, 55w HID's in low beam and fogs, 5% tint all the way around. No go fast mods yet...tuning and Mazda6 don't go well together .

Steve a.k.a. ss3079: So this one lady goes, "These ignorant people who drive around blasting there music, they cant hear emergency vehicles"
    So that set me off, and I said "Well then why do they let deaf people drive?"

AOL: JmKeenen

mav2002 is offline Senior VIP Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by bumpin_blazer
    i say forget both you can better for half the price of either woofer. the PG good sub just what like a grand for 1 and the xtant **** on xtant! sorry if that's rude just my opinion i say look into better for the price brands.

adam
    The PG Titanium is about $165 per 12". This is NOT the Titanium Elite (1000 watts RMS), it is the new regular Titanium line (500 watts RMS).

What other brands would you suggestion?

bumpin_blazer is offline Only the Strong Survive

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i would say an adire shiva would be very good for 125 a piece or if you want a 15" sub then i'd look into the adire tempest 150 a piece. my bad i misread the name and thought it was the 1000 dollar sub that PG makes.

adam

2006 Bright Island Blue 6s: stock 6 disc in dash, Hertz Hi-Energy 6.5" comps, MB Quart Ref 12", eclipse 5-channel sub amp.

Car mods: Lowered on Mazdaspeed springs with Koni Yellow shocks, Racing beat front/rear sway bars with AWR end links, LED turn signals, tail lights, front side markers, 18" ADR Cypher rims, 55w HID's in low beam and fogs, 5% tint all the way around. No go fast mods yet...tuning and Mazda6 don't go well together .

Steve a.k.a. ss3079: So this one lady goes, "These ignorant people who drive around blasting there music, they cant hear emergency vehicles"
    So that set me off, and I said "Well then why do they let deaf people drive?"

AOL: JmKeenen

jimmyslide is offline Let me get you a spoon...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I say get the Pheonix. You may pay a little more than the Shiva but will be plenty happy. If at all possible It is good to match up the amp and the sub, which in this case you would be doing. PG is much much much better than Xtant. Some guy tried to talk up Xtant and sell them to me, I just started laughing at him. He didn't like that and told me to get out of the store. Nice guy hey? But you will be happy as hell with the PG. If I had the money I'd go for it.

zane is offline Bored.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I cant really say that I am impressed with the Xtant woofers at all.

Amps -yes, woofers- there are better choices.

PG has never let me down yet. I would say they are a safe bet.

Also may want to look into the Adire Shiva/Brahma, Elemental E12K, Alumapro Alchemy, Dayton Titanic, Eclipse 8712 ,8812.

take it easy,

-zane

Webslave - www.SoundwavesCS.net

"The man who goes alone can start today; but he who travels with another must wait till that other is ready."

- Henry David Thoreau

Closed Thread