Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Need help choosing subs

Wkerat is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Need help choosing subs

Ok, I have limited the subs and amps for my boat to 2 brands based on price, and what I have heard on the forums. My friend works at a audio shop and can get either, but they don't have any for me to hear. Here are my ideas, which would be louder and sound the best (good mix of spl/sq in an environment like a convertable)

1) 2 Adire Brahma 12's in subzero mfg. boxes (1.2 ft per sub), or my own box if someone can help me figure out how to brace them, running off either a planet audio 2250d amp(Class D 1x2250@1Ohm), or a Tsunami DB-1800T (Class T digital amp, 1 x 1800 WRMS @ 2 Ohms Mono .5% THD).

2)2 Planet Audio Z-12's in .9 ft sealed boxes, or 2.25 vented(if someone can tell me how to build a vented, i ahve done sealed bf) on a Clarion 1001.2 DPX amp (Class T, Typical 2-Ohm Stereo 300W x 2 @ 0.5% THD,Typical Bridged Power 1kHz 1000W @ 1.0% THD) I think I can run these dvc 2 ohms in a way to get a 2 ohm load rigth?

3)(depends on space) 4 Planet Audio Z-12's in sealed boxes running off either the Tsunami from above or the planet audio 2250(1500watt rms@2 ohm)

Here are the Planet subs specs: 750 Peak watts, 375 Rms, 12-250Hz frequency response, 94db efficiency, dual 2 ohm 3inch voice coils, 120 oz magnet,.

Thanks for your help...

denim is offline SSAudio.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    I am going to have to vote for the Brahma's espically with the Planet audio amps

CarAudio.com mod(original)

Wkerat is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Are the Planet Audio amps better? and woudl the 2 brahmas be louder than the planet audios?

denim is offline SSAudio.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Wkerat
    Are the Planet Audio amps better? and woudl the 2 brahmas be louder than the planet audios?
    the brahma is a killer sub, any one who has seen one in action, the planet audios are very good subs no less, just the Brahma is **** good, and I mentioned the Planet audio amps because they are solid amps and put out a ton of power

CarAudio.com mod(original)

Wkerat is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for the help, can anyone else help me please...I have to choose soon because my friend says he can get it to me cheaper if i get it in when they do there montly order which is November 1 and I have no idea about any of these products.

Closed Thread