Closed Thread

Reload Thread: A few questions about enclosures, polyfill, and my avalanche 15"

chargers is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

A few questions about enclosures, polyfill, and my avalanche 15"

Never worked with it before. And I did read the tutorial, but I have a few questions of my own.

I have a 1.9ft^3 sealed enclosure for a 15 and am going to mount a 15" avalanche. I'd like a box that's 2.5ft^3, but I'm not going to spend another $40-$100 for another box because I'm eventually going to be running two 15's.

Without calculations and from just looking at the graphs from the tutorial, I'm estimating 1.75-2.00 pounds of this would get me close to what I want (2.5ft^3). Does this sound right?

My next question is how you place it inside the enclosure. Just easily stick it in the corners behind the subwoofer and do not smash it together, right?

Where's a good place I can find it easily and buy it for cheap?

And lastly, it might be wiser to stick with the enclosure as it is at 1.9ft^3 because I'm going to run a tantrum 1200.1 (benched at 1567 watts) to the avalanche (800wrms). The avalanche will be fine with this amount of power, right? I will be setting the gain with a DMM and slightly lower the knob to be careful until I can get the 2nd avalanche.

Hundreth is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: A few questions about enclosures, polyfill, and my avalanche 15"

I've put a Tantrum to an Avalanche before and it has the ability to easily make it bottom out. Lower the gains a little and it'll be perfectly fine though. It sounds awesome though matched up to the Tantrum.

My car audio addiction will be complete when my system sounds as good as my $20 headphones.

chargers is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hundreth
    I've put a Tantrum to an Avalanche before and it has the ability to easily make it bottom out. Lower the gains a little and it'll be perfectly fine though. It sounds awesome though matched up to the Tantrum.
    What kind of enclosure did you use and size was it? And how far did you set the gain knob? Thanks.

Hundreth is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chaarlieee
    What kind of enclosure did you use and size was it? And how far did you set the gain knob? Thanks.
    Well i put it on the 12 in 1 cu ft sealed (the recc size)... and it sounded reallly nice.

I can't really tell you how far to set the gain knob because every headunit is different.

My car audio addiction will be complete when my system sounds as good as my $20 headphones.

Closed Thread