Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Newbie needs advice.1 12 or 2 10s?? CVR or Pioneer premiers? Sealed or ported?? HELP!

papaoso2k1 is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Icon32 Newbie needs advice.1 12 or 2 10s?? CVR or Pioneer premiers? Sealed or ported?? HELP!

Hello everybody greetings from venezuela. This is my very first post and I was hoping to get some advice. I just cant choose between 2 10Kicker CVR or 1 pioneer 12 "3004 Premier . The kickers canh handle 300 rms each and the premier 1000. what do you think is better, what should i do?? Im not really that interested in banging it hard or in spl comps; I was just looking for something in the 600-1000 rms range that sounds well, hits every note right, not too dry or "boomy" , Its for my daily driver, an SUV. what setup will give me more overall benefits, both in quality and in loudness? I'd also like to know what kind of enclosure works better whit these setups.. ported? sealed? well thx for your help----....

Eldorado is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Newbie needs advice.1 12 or 2 10s?? CVR or Pioneer premiers? Sealed or ported?? HELP!

Definetly ported tune in the 35HZ range
    The 2 10's would be nice and probably cheaper in the long run since you wouldnt have to buy a more powerful amp.

papaoso2k1 is offline Junior Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Newbie needs advice.1 12 or 2 10s?? CVR or Pioneer premiers? Sealed or ported?? HELP!

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado
    Definetly ported tune in the 35HZ range
    The 2 10's would be nice and probably cheaper in the long run since you wouldnt have to buy a more powerful amp.
    Thx for your help ..
    I have searched this board looking for similiar threads and I noticed some people say the CVR can get loud and stuff but that it doesnt really sound that clear; and from what ive seen so far the pioneer "seems" to be built better, I have a feeling the pioneer is a better sub all the way around...I dont know why.. call it a gut instinct.However my real question is this... are 2 subs better than 1, even if the one sub can handle more power than the pair(CVRpair:600rms, pioneer: 1000rms).
    What setup will deliver better sq??

The reason im considering only one sub is because of trunk space, id like too keep as much as possible, and 2 woofers are going to need a bigger box than just one woofer. About the amp I feel thats not a problem i dont mind buyin an amp thats more powerful, as long as I know that is the best choice.

SSS 18734 is offline Dollar Menu Millionaire

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes, the Pioneer is a better-built sub than the CVR's. as for if a single pioneer will get louder than two CVR's I dont know. Im sure the Pioneer will get plenty loud enough for you for daily driving though.

Bought From:
    Absolutnockout, zachzchw, Untouchable11, j3bus2k3 (x2), 92c1v1c, jeeper07, acubsfan, bkjt05, Goldenknob, Goindef154, Basscourt2009, TeamSouthrnBass, oldschoolboomer, 99grandprixGT
    Sold to:
    Gearguy2001 (American Bass SQ780)
    Tw1st3d13 (2 Fi BL 15's)

Jdizzle is offline tha dirty dizzle ;)

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SSS 18734
    Yes, the Pioneer is a better-built sub than the CVR's. as for if a single pioneer will get louder than two CVR's I dont know. Im sure the Pioneer will get plenty loud enough for you for daily driving though.
    yea i owned a the pioneer 2504spl (10inch version of the 3004spl) and its pretty loud for a single 10inch driver, but the cvrs pound..... the pioneer has a little more sound quality tho...i'd go with the single pioneer or get 2 2504spls

99 G cherokee
    headunit: deh-p720 premeir
    Midbass: Diamond Hex 6.5
    Tweeter: LPG NFa
    Front stage amp: eclipse xa4000
    Woofage: eD 16kv.2 3.5 @ 30hz
    Sub amp: Eclipse xa1000
    87 Nissan Hardbody
    HU: Deh-p 3000ib
    Comps: eD 6500
    Front stage amp: pg 4.0:2
    Woofage: 2 9kv.2s sealed
    Sub amp: PG 4.0:2

Cbass is offline Livin Loud!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The 3004spl can get as loud if not louder than the 2 10 cvr's and the pioneer is a better sounding sub.

Front Stage: Kicker DS600.2 Comps
    Rear Fill: Kicker KS693
    Sub Stage: Pair 10's Kicker CVX 2.8 cubes @ 37.5hz
    Mids/highs amp: Exile X600.4
    Sub amp: Exile X1200.1

Polecat is offline Team Kicker Manager

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cbass
    The 3004spl can get as loud if not louder than the 2 10 cvr's and the pioneer is a better sounding sub.
    I disagree, do a smaller ported box off the two 10" CVR's will outshine the Pioneer single driver hands down...and then you have two motors and more Sd.

In Memory of Greg Welch

Team Kicker
    Kinetik Juiced

Behind every great man....is an underwear tag!

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

Closed Thread