Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Pioneer 3004 SPL

forcash97 is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Pioneer 3004 SPL

Hey I had a few questions about this sub. I am new at this whole car audio thing and have heard this is a very solid sub for the money not only in spl and sq. I also have heard that this sub runs at a nominal power of 1000 watts and maximum of 3000. If i were to get one of these subs would it have a solid bumping sound? Would the bass be noticeable I guess I am trying to say? I want it to be heard but at the same time having good quality. The second question I have is would 1 give me the sound output Im looking for or do you guys think 2 would be better? I am kinda tight on money but would be willing to spend the money if 1 didnt give me what I was looking for. Also what type of box would you recommend. I was thinking sealed because it will have good sound quality, but I heard ported is good with these too. Which one would be best for the good loud bumping sound with still good quality sound? And also if I get a dual 4 ohm sub what type of amp would I need to power it so it gives it good safe power without blowing it? Not looking to spend a fortune on the amp. Maybe a used one below 200 would do. Thanks for the advice ahead of time. If you know anything about these subs feel free to IM me at Forcash97. Thanks. Mike

KnOkIn It 420 is offline Poo Poo Broussard

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Pioneer 3004 SPL

Alright they are good subs,u dont really need 1000wrms for them I heard they work well off of 600watts.So get a dual 2 ohm VC and one of these and u should be good man..http://ikesound.com/product-product_id/2426, I u want to do two then just by 2 of them amps,also I would port them for sure,I didnt really care for them sealed

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

any ideas? Really need some help. Bump!

bigbangtheory is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Very good woofer for the money. I would get em. I have heard many setups with those woofers. Never heard just one, but I am sure you would like it. I would do ported on them. Sound good ported, ok sealed. As far as amps, I would look into a nice 1000-1200rms amp. Something like a Hifonics 1500 amp would be nice. They should do right around there cause they overrate there amps. Good luck!

Refs~Max Power(ST), bnevets27(ST), 99oldsintrigue(ST), matrxx dude(BF), Ficaraudio(BF), Zachzchw(BF), tigerf117(ST), 5.7TBI(BF), DBfan187(ST), Joesph M(ST), 97gp(ST), Cornbreadxd(ST), SlappinX(ST), nycspudz03(ST), bl0ckd(BF), Sctattooer(ST), hitman34608(ST), Wackdogg(ST), ggk(ST), 03F150MrSBF(STx2), Dye4metal(ST), Mikey7182(BF), Wu501(BF), Twisted_0912(BF), Crunklech(BF), psychoacoustics(BF), Tyler Chavez(ST), GTO Dave(ST), Thisistiny(ST), DarkScorpin(BF), davidtemple(BF), BassaddictJ(BF), Geoff_off_me(BF), Dragnix(BF)

BF=Bought from
    ST=Sold too

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Bump For Help!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

probably 2

2010-11 Project:
    1 15" DC XL
    1 ap3k
    1 3.5 cube adjustable port box (Box will be sub up port to drivers side, unless you have tips on better position?)

Hoping to break 150 db's when this is all done in a 2dr Blazer!

Reppin MINNESOTA

Closed Thread