Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

good or bad?

to run power wire from battery to + of cap, then 2 wires from same + terminal 1 going to + on 4ch amp and the other to + of sub amp. then from each amps - terminal, a ground wire back to the caps - terminal. then a 3rd wire from cap - terminal to a chassis ground. will ths work? one more ?. if you run a 1500w amp, and a 600w amp and the only fuse u have is a 250amp fuse near battery, can u get away with not using a fused dis. block?

BigJohnson is offline Football is back!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I would run a dist block off of the power wire from the cap. it would be a cleaner install. As far as the ground wires from the amp I believe that you should groud them the traditional way. You could still groud your cap. and amps to the same spot though.
    Jim

Car: 2005 Scion xA
    HU: Pioneer DEH-P860MP
    Sub: 1 Fi Q 10" in 1.25^3ft box @ 32hz
    Sub Amp: Alphasonik PMA1200D
    Comp's: TBD coming soon....
    Comp Amp: PPI Art Series A404 (Not yet installed)

SOUNDz is offline Senior VIP Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    is it a must that u have a fused dis. block instead of just a plain dis. block? with a high current sstem, is it possible to mess somethin' up if u dont use a fused one?

bass_mekanik is offline i got 0.5 2 go til 145dbs

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    imo it doesn't matter that much it is just a pain in the *** when you blow a power wire up.

just a joke man it shouldn'd matter that much

Alpine 7892 Deck will get converted to am mp3 deck one day

Apline DLC-176A splits

Alpine MRD-M1000 sub amp i want 3 more

Alpine MRV-T320 Split amp

Alpine SWS-1241 woofers X2 they are mums i have better subs in store

144.5 Db's worth on a linear X with mummys subs sealed wait till i port them and unleash the fury

7 Months and 2 jobs later i am back louder smarter and alot poorer so watch yo asses cause i am back

The aussie rice boi Slammed pulsar on 18's and tyres that are as thick as a condom :P

bumpin_blazer is offline Only the Strong Survive

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i'd say use a fuse distro block for 2 reasons. 1 it like stated before looks much better and 2 it will work better in my opinion. the fuse under the hood at 250amps will never blow and i mean never so how do you know if one of your amps is messed up you don't. i say get a distro block and run a single power wire to the cap then to the distro block and out from there to the amps. do one as well for the ground wires.

adam

2006 Bright Island Blue 6s: stock 6 disc in dash, Hertz Hi-Energy 6.5" comps, MB Quart Ref 12", eclipse 5-channel sub amp.

Car mods: Lowered on Mazdaspeed springs with Koni Yellow shocks, Racing beat front/rear sway bars with AWR end links, LED turn signals, tail lights, front side markers, 18" ADR Cypher rims, 55w HID's in low beam and fogs, 5% tint all the way around. No go fast mods yet...tuning and Mazda6 don't go well together .

Steve a.k.a. ss3079: So this one lady goes, "These ignorant people who drive around blasting there music, they cant hear emergency vehicles"
    So that set me off, and I said "Well then why do they let deaf people drive?"

AOL: JmKeenen

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    what size fuse to put in for a bd1500? i went to an audio store called tweeter, and they told me that the highest rated fuse that could be used in a dis. block with 0 in and 2 - 4g out was 80 amps. will this amp be ok with that?

bumpin_blazer is offline Only the Strong Survive

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    well my fuse distro coming from the battery is using a 200amp fuse and it's a 4gauge in 4guage out from the battery. i know they make them with a higher output for in the back you just have to use either a Maxi style fuse or ANL style fuse instead of the tube like agu fuses.

adam

2006 Bright Island Blue 6s: stock 6 disc in dash, Hertz Hi-Energy 6.5" comps, MB Quart Ref 12", eclipse 5-channel sub amp.

Car mods: Lowered on Mazdaspeed springs with Koni Yellow shocks, Racing beat front/rear sway bars with AWR end links, LED turn signals, tail lights, front side markers, 18" ADR Cypher rims, 55w HID's in low beam and fogs, 5% tint all the way around. No go fast mods yet...tuning and Mazda6 don't go well together .

Steve a.k.a. ss3079: So this one lady goes, "These ignorant people who drive around blasting there music, they cant hear emergency vehicles"
    So that set me off, and I said "Well then why do they let deaf people drive?"

AOL: JmKeenen

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    the maxi fuse, how would it be wired into the 4g wire? its not like a fused dis. block is it?

Closed Thread

User Tag List