Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Reload Thread: New Member..need help!

BimmerSupreme is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

New Member..need help!

Hey, I am about completely car stereo illiterate.

I just bought me a system..cost me around 570 bucks.

Alpine 9845 Deck (love it)
    Niche 6.5" speakers + component speakers (love it)
    Audiobahn A6005DN AMP (*****, i don't even know how many watts it has)
    Audiobahn 12" DUB Edition sub (doesn't even hit that hard)

Now, I'm looking to upgrade..

I want 2 12" JL W1V2's. and I plan on powering those babys with 1 900 watt amp. or if thats too expensive, i might drop down to 700 or around there. Advice?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: New Member..need help!

Quote Originally Posted by BimmerSupreme
    Hey, I am about completely car stereo illiterate.

I just bought me a system..cost me around 570 bucks.

Alpine 9845 Deck (love it)
    Niche 6.5" speakers + component speakers (love it)
    Audiobahn A6005DN AMP (*****, i don't even know how many watts it has)
    Audiobahn 12" DUB Edition sub (doesn't even hit that hard)

Now, I'm looking to upgrade..

I want 2 12" JL W1V2's. and I plan on powering those babys with 1 900 watt amp. or if thats too expensive, i might drop down to 700 or around there. Advice?
    you can do better than the W1v2's for that price..whats your budget and what amp do you have that is 900watts?

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Budget is probably 500 for the subs...and I don't even know what amp i'm getting yet. I just made a post in the Amplifier section

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Budget is probably 500 for the subs...and I don't even know what amp i'm getting yet. I just made a post in the Amplifier section
    get 2 W6v2's with that budget

MisterGrubbs is offline Kinda Old School

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

500 dollars for the subs? Well tell me this, what kind of music do you listen to, and how important is sound quality?

Do you mind non-name brand things? We(the people in the forum) can help you pick up a **** nice system bro, just let us know what you expect

Also, what kind of room do you have to work with?

Educational session for you retards of the forum:Use there when referring to a place, whether concrete or more abstract. No kove, I will not come over there. Use their to indicate possession. Members of this forum have lost their minds. Remember that they're is a contraction of the words they and are. They're all idiots!

References(Some of them):SteveyHustle, PepsiFiend69, SubNoize05, BushJ311, Mrray13, Hintzyboy, dbubble, 528hz, Twisted_0912, RKPsk8er
    Ebay: 35+ 100% Feedback Paypal: 14+ Verified

bimma85 is offline Can't be ****** ;)

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You looking for sq,sql,spl? How much room do you have?

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I got a '93 BMW 325i. I'll try to measure the trunk, or even take a pic tmmrw. it's too late right now and I got school. so 2 12" W6's will cost me around 500 + installation? i want something that will hit hard, but I can hear the words at the same time. Music quality is very important, cuz i don't want something rumbling all day long without hearing the lyrics...

and I listen to hiphop. and rap sometimes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I got a '93 BMW 325i. I'll try to measure the trunk, or even take a pic tmmrw. it's too late right now and I got school. so 2 12" W6's will cost me around 500 + installation? i want something that will hit hard, but I can hear the words at the same time. Music quality is very important, cuz i don't want something rumbling all day long without hearing the lyrics...

sweet car....i had a '93 325is but sadly to say i crumpled it running into the front of a rent-a-center truck ..anyways if your buying off the net then $250 will buy you 2 12W6v2's...but there is also alot more options to consider as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well the problem with that is, if you're going to put money into a subwoofer setup, you need to put money into a front soundstage first. Seeing that you already have a component set, the first thing I'd do is amp them.

Secondly, if you want JL, then yes the 12w6v2's would be gerat, but if you go that route, you probably wont have a trunk(assuming you port the subs)

Two 12w6v2's and 1,000 watts would sound great, in my honest opinion, but thats if you want that. There's other routes to go.

For all it matters, you could always pick up an Resonant Engineering XXX 12 used, or something of that manner, and it'd do fine with one sub and 1500 watts. All depends on how much space you want to use and if yo uwant to stay mainstream.

Educational session for you retards of the forum:Use there when referring to a place, whether concrete or more abstract. No kove, I will not come over there. Use their to indicate possession. Members of this forum have lost their minds. Remember that they're is a contraction of the words they and are. They're all idiots!

References(Some of them):SteveyHustle, PepsiFiend69, SubNoize05, BushJ311, Mrray13, Hintzyboy, dbubble, 528hz, Twisted_0912, RKPsk8er

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Nice ride Had a 95 325i a little while ago. Not hard to get loud in at all.... all e36 I've driven/been in have had a bi-fold back seat, so I assume yours does as well. 2 12w6v2 in a proper sealed box would pound in that car and sound amazing. What are you running up front?

Oh and whats your budget for the sub amp?
    Quote Originally Posted by KngOfThePkngLot
    sweet car....i had a '93 325is but sadly to say i crumpled it running into the front of a rent-a-center truck ..anyways if your buying off the net then $250 will buy you 2 12W6v2's...but there is also alot more options to consider as well.
    $250 each or a set?

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

^ sorry to hear that man.. i love BMW's. Mine got in an accident last year when I did an illegal U-turn and didn't see a lady coming by...honda odyssey. lets just say she ended up with a dent and I ended up with...well..alot of damage. anyways

How much would it cost if i went to a local JL dealer and tried to get 2 W6's? and $250 for 2 W6's?! what website? ebay?

and i was also wondering...would these subs blow out if i get a 700+ watt amp?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I think he was referring to 250 per sub, maybe I'm wrong though. Local JL dealers sell 12w6v2's bnib with warranty for somewhere aroundddd...450/sub, if I'm not mistaken?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

yes $250 per...its late....havent had much sleep.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bimma85
    Nice ride Had a 95 325i a little while ago. Not hard to get loud in at all.... all e36 I've driven/been in have had a bi-fold back seat, so I assume yours does as well. 2 12w6v2 in a proper sealed box would pound in that car and sound amazing. What are you running up front?

Oh and whats your budget for the sub amp?

$250 each or a set?
    Up front I got some Niche speakers. it's an underground company i think, but i really like the quality. Right now, when it urn up the volume. my speakers hurt my ears. crystal clear. it outhits my 1 amped sub. so i plan on using my audiobahn 6005DN amp to amp my speakers and buy another amp for the W6's(hopefully)

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Up front I got some Niche speakers. it's an underground company i think, but i really like the quality. Right now, when it urn up the volume. my speakers hurt my ears. crystal clear. it outhits my 1 amped sub. so i plan on using my audiobahn 6005DN amp to amp my speakers and buy another amp for the W6's(hopefully)
    Ah, you're running an abahn in a bimmer

what is your amp budget?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast