Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Reload Thread: MA Audio HardKore 15" Sub

lcpunk69 is offline SQ Baby!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

MA Audio HardKore 15" Sub

Anyone ever heard the MA Audio HardKore Series subs? You can buy the 15" for about $500 - $600 bucks off sounddomain.com or around there and are supposedly 5,000W RMS, 10,000W Peak, 360oz Triple stacked magnets, Glass fiber cone, Quad 1.5Ohm voice coils.

http://www.maaudio.com/productcatalog.cfm?class=263

They any good? Way overpriced????

FEEDBACK

Sspider is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I have no experience with MA, but i always wanted to see how they were...
    so guys, wut ya think of ma audio...
    SQ?
    SPL?
    both?
    wut da dilly?

sspider

............under construction.......

AIM CisKO4u

nismo is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i wont buy subs that gotta be chromed to sell

eric

WANG MOON PRODUCTIONS, inc.

overpecker & audiomobile's biggests ANTI-fan

CLASS 'D' AMPS ARE NOT DIGITAL!!!! YOU WILL GET FLAMED BY SOMEONE...EVEN IF ITS NOT ME.

MB-AMG is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Never heard one, but they look pretty sweet. One of my friends has an MA Audio 12 in a ported box. It's a mid level model, but it's quite loud. I think the magnet is about 200 oz. My personal opinion is that the power handling figures quoted on MA's website are a little optomistic, but who knows? Anybody else got any thoughts?

Mark_ab is offline The Alpha Male

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by nismo
    i wont buy subs that gotta be chromed to sell

eric
    I'm with you. Can anyone say Audiobahn?

Is this not a reasonable place to park?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    audiobahn is another brand i wanted to check out both actually "look" decent, but how bout the sound, how is it?

sspider

AIM CisKO4u

Mark_ab is offline The Alpha Male

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Terrible SQ, moderate SPL while they hold together. If they spent as much on Chrome as they do on R&D they'd be a great sub. Unfortunately, they have to realize that.

Is this not a reasonable place to park?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    alright, thanks alot man, never knew that...

sspider

AIM CisKO4u

Corsica is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I beg to differ. My MAsub is only the XE series sub but it bangs just fine. While their ratings are a lil high they are also paird with their MA amps which rate a little higher than they are too. So find someone who locally as them and see for ur self.

SQ mine sounds nice but not quite eclipse or Orion grade. Definatly kills audiobahn SQ. SPL is moderate but better than cheapies like most pioneers, and all urban, and sony xplode.

J

"A man doesnt win a war by dying for his country. He does it by making the other poor dumb son of a beyotch die for his." Patton

No system installed, but getting all the parts together.

J

Brock is offline SEXYTIME!! NIIICE!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    One of my friend from high school has 2 MA Audio 12's in a jeep grand cherokee, paired with one of their 1000w amps about a year ago. Each sub was rated at 1000w each and they blew in about a month. The time they were actually working they sounded like poo.

bumpin_blazer is offline Only the Strong Survive

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i'd say i'm prolly one of the only if not the only person who's heard that sub on this forum. a buddy of mine has a sponsorship from ma audio and had 2 of the 15"s in his explorer sport paired up with 1 MA SY-5011DX per voice coil. so he was running roughly 4000watts rms to each sub so a total of 8000watts rms. yes i know people say MA amps are overrated but, mine is 1080rms at 1 ohm my buddy's were all either right at 1000 or right above 1000. anyway with that being said he blew those subs to hell in about 1 month. now yes that hammered like crazy but sound dirty nasty worse than Audiobahn in my opinion. NOT WORTH IT!!!!!!!! for 5 bills get a DD9515 will output a hardkore 15" any day.

adam

2006 Bright Island Blue 6s: stock 6 disc in dash, Hertz Hi-Energy 6.5" comps, MB Quart Ref 12", eclipse 5-channel sub amp.

Car mods: Lowered on Mazdaspeed springs with Koni Yellow shocks, Racing beat front/rear sway bars with AWR end links, LED turn signals, tail lights, front side markers, 18" ADR Cypher rims, 55w HID's in low beam and fogs, 5% tint all the way around. No go fast mods yet...tuning and Mazda6 don't go well together .

Steve a.k.a. ss3079: So this one lady goes, "These ignorant people who drive around blasting there music, they cant hear emergency vehicles"
    So that set me off, and I said "Well then why do they let deaf people drive?"

AOL: JmKeenen

Corsica is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Mybe its their amps just ****?? The sub sounds clean on my kraco.

J

"A man doesnt win a war by dying for his country. He does it by making the other poor dumb son of a beyotch die for his." Patton

No system installed, but getting all the parts together.

J

LoneRanger is offline Old Yamahas Give Me Wood

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hater Monster (noun) - one who puts down a particular brand of audio equiptment for one of three reasons.

1. They know absolutely nothing about the equiptment and base their opinion on what they've heard from other dirty haters. In some cases the individual has actually heard the equiptment, but it was installed by a dimwit similar to themselves who had no actual idea of what you're supposed to do with it.
    2. They use other equiptment and have some sort of superiority complex.
    3. They have tried to use the equiptment in question, but were unable to produce the results they desired because of their limited knowledge and inferior audio installation techniques. This is also known as ESO or "Equiptment Superior to Operator".

Anyone who hates on any product falls into this category.

There are no inferior products, simply inferior users. When assessing the value of a product, you must take into consideration a number of things including (but not limited to) cost, intended application, flexability of use, appearance, durability, and features. If you think that a subwoofer is only worth buying if it is competition worthy, you're sadly mistaken. Even products that you may consider inferior have a place in the market because they meet a particular persons needs better than what a "superior" product would. The average joe couldn't tell an SQ sub from a SPL sub even on his best day

So many people on this forum and others are so quick to tell everyone that they should use RE or DD or Shocker or whatever, when in all reality these products are made for a completely different demographic than what these people fall into. Believe it or not, "lesser" brands such as sony and pyle do have a marketing demographic that is better suited to these products than they would be to an insane $350 competition sub.

My point is that when you hate on a product, not only do you make yourself look stupid, but you influience people toward products that are probably not suited to their needs. If you don't like a product, don't waste your time talking **** about. Simply suggest something else and shut the *** up. Remember what your mom told you "If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all".

And note to all you people who ask "is this sub better than this sub?", try this: LISTEN TO THE FUKKIN SUB AND DECIDE FOR YOURSELF. Would you buy a car just because someone else told you it was nice, or would you test drive it yourself? That's what I thought.

"There is no 'I' in Tag Team"

Project 'rex: Coming Soon to An Eardrum Near You

nismo is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by LoneRanger
    Hater Monster (noun) - one who puts down a particular brand of audio equiptment for one of three reasons.

1. They know absolutely nothing about the equiptment and base their opinion on what they've heard from other dirty haters. In some cases the individual has actually heard the equiptment, but it was installed by a dimwit similar to themselves who had no actual idea of what you're supposed to do with it.
    2. They use other equiptment and have some sort of superiority complex.
    3. They have tried to use the equiptment in question, but were unable to produce the results they desired because of their limited knowledge and inferior audio installation techniques. This is also known as ESO or "Equiptment Superior to Operator".

Anyone who hates on any product falls into this category.

There are no inferior products, simply inferior users. When assessing the value of a product, you must take into consideration a number of things including (but not limited to) cost, intended application, flexability of use, appearance, durability, and features. If you think that a subwoofer is only worth buying if it is competition worthy, you're sadly mistaken. Even products that you may consider inferior have a place in the market because they meet a particular persons needs better than what a "superior" product would. The average joe couldn't tell an SQ sub from a SPL sub even on his best day

So many people on this forum and others are so quick to tell everyone that they should use RE or DD or Shocker or whatever, when in all reality these products are made for a completely different demographic than what these people fall into. Believe it or not, "lesser" brands such as sony and pyle do have a marketing demographic that is better suited to these products than they would be to an insane $350 competition sub.

My point is that when you hate on a product, not only do you make yourself look stupid, but you influience people toward products that are probably not suited to their needs. If you don't like a product, don't waste your time talking **** about. Simply suggest something else and shut the *** up. Remember what your mom told you "If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all".

And note to all you people who ask "is this sub better than this sub?", try this: LISTEN TO THE FUKKIN SUB AND DECIDE FOR YOURSELF. Would you buy a car just because someone else told you it was nice, or would you test drive it yourself? That's what I thought.
    On the same note tho, you have equipment which is more hype the delivery, and there ARE people swayed by the hype to inferior products which DO cost more. Yes there are a place for entry level equipment, but regardless of budget, I would NEVER reccomend Road Gear. They are not worth the metal they are made of, yet they sell because there are people who dont know any better...and buy SOLELY on price, and then wonder why their equipment doesnt bump like the 2 15's in the car next to them at the stoplight...even if its just a pair of tempests or 15w0's...

Eric

WANG MOON PRODUCTIONS, inc.

overpecker & audiomobile's biggests ANTI-fan

CLASS 'D' AMPS ARE NOT DIGITAL!!!! YOU WILL GET FLAMED BY SOMEONE...EVEN IF ITS NOT ME.

lcpunk69 is offline SQ Baby!

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I agree to mostly what you said however, when people like myself or others ask if some subs are better than others, first off its a different ballpark when talking about buying cars sure, but subwoofers, I think what people are asking is what are the chances of getting the best or better output from, and SPL/SQ, simple by asking people who have used the product, which I know it all depends on install, but subs do have limits, so its mostly just what subs have more potential and are good, when in the right install. But ya I agree with most of what you said.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast