Closed Thread

Reload Thread: SQ Component Speaker Help

996twint is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

SQ Component Speaker Help

I am looking for a set of components for my car. Sizes are 6.5", 4" and tweet in the front.
    I plan on running the front components, stock rear 4" and 2 8" subs with a Mcintosh MCC446. I am looking for SQ first. My price range is under a $1000 for all the fronts. Also could use some suggestions for an 8" sub for SQ.

bumpin_blazer is offline Only the Strong Survive

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    8" sq sub try looking into some memphis subs, jl and there are more i'm not the best for 8" subs though. anyway, for componet's i recommend looking into dynaudio, boston pros, MB Quart if you like harsh tweet, JL, rainbow, morel the list goes on and on those are just some of my personal favs. under a grand although some of those you can find that are over a grand.

adam

2006 Bright Island Blue 6s: stock 6 disc in dash, Hertz Hi-Energy 6.5" comps, MB Quart Ref 12", eclipse 5-channel sub amp.

Car mods: Lowered on Mazdaspeed springs with Koni Yellow shocks, Racing beat front/rear sway bars with AWR end links, LED turn signals, tail lights, front side markers, 18" ADR Cypher rims, 55w HID's in low beam and fogs, 5% tint all the way around. No go fast mods yet...tuning and Mazda6 don't go well together .

Steve a.k.a. ss3079: So this one lady goes, "These ignorant people who drive around blasting there music, they cant hear emergency vehicles"
    So that set me off, and I said "Well then why do they let deaf people drive?"

AOL: JmKeenen

head_unit is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Type X

Dude, you are the perfect candidate for Alpine Type X's

But why 8" woofers? You could probably get cleaner sound with something beefier...

XDrkmanX is offline Time to Duel B*tches

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Boston Z

KoBan715 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The Alpine Type-X are very nice Comp. But theres alot of choices.

Processor: AudioControl EpicCenter
    Amp: Autotek SX-2300
    Sub: 1 Re Hc-10

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    alright head_unit i am sure you've been asked this before on this site but do you deal for alpine or something?? we seem to get a lot of dealer's on this site that only promote their products. i'm just asking a question.

adam

2006 Bright Island Blue 6s: stock 6 disc in dash, Hertz Hi-Energy 6.5" comps, MB Quart Ref 12", eclipse 5-channel sub amp.

Car mods: Lowered on Mazdaspeed springs with Koni Yellow shocks, Racing beat front/rear sway bars with AWR end links, LED turn signals, tail lights, front side markers, 18" ADR Cypher rims, 55w HID's in low beam and fogs, 5% tint all the way around. No go fast mods yet...tuning and Mazda6 don't go well together .

Steve a.k.a. ss3079: So this one lady goes, "These ignorant people who drive around blasting there music, they cant hear emergency vehicles"

nismo is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by bumpin_blazer
    alright head_unit i am sure you've been asked this before on this site but do you deal for alpine or something?? we seem to get a lot of dealer's on this site that only promote their products. i'm just asking a question.

adam
    doesnt really sound like it to me, although he didnt give any reason WHY he should buy them...and gave no review of them or anything. n00b going based on price?!?! hell i dunno.

eric

WANG MOON PRODUCTIONS, inc.

overpecker & audiomobile's biggests ANTI-fan

CLASS 'D' AMPS ARE NOT DIGITAL!!!! YOU WILL GET FLAMED BY SOMEONE...EVEN IF ITS NOT ME.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    no it's just every post i've read of his was supporting nothing but Alpine and seemed like a sales pitch. hell he might work for Circuit City for all i know:p.

adam

996twint is offline Junior Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well I decided to go with Morel components. I bought the system from someone who had the same model car as me. I also bought his sub box with Kove 10's. I will try it out to hear how it sounds but they are probably too much SPL for me and will end up changing them out.

Closed Thread