Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Help

Mike516882 is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Help

I posted this in the Electrical Forum but NO BODY ANSWERS ME IN THERE.

Here it is I have a 1994 Jeep Wrangler with a 4 Cylander and i have 2 JL 500/1 amps and an SX15 sub. I have one red top optima battery and a 100 amp alternator. I also have 0 gauge wiring from the battery to a splitter in the rear which is the 0 gauge goes in and 2 4 gauge wires come out for the power of the amps. When im driving down the road at any rpm around 2500 i can feel the car slow down when the sub hits. When at idle the RPMS drop when the sub hits and the Battery meter is going crazy like above 14 and then below 14 and then back to 14 ETC. I dont know what i should do i mean i have 2 steps of the BIG three done. The two grounds but my dad says i shouldnt do anything to the positive to positve without a fuse. I should i install my 5 farad cap that i have sitting in my room or what should i do? I am confussed! i have heard that caps do nothing and then ive heard that caps acually do help. What do i need to do to stop the cars idle from droping at idle and stop the car from like jolting going like 45 on the road when ever the sub hits? I NEED TO KNOW I will soon be adding an 800 watt amp for my coaxiles so thats more wattage that the battery and alternator will do. I need something that will fix it for sure. I dont want to buy something and then have it do nothing. Let me KNOW!

-2000 CTD Ram 2500
    -12W3v3- Ported to 38HTZ
    -Alpine MRP-850
    -Alpine 9884 Headunit

Ref: Mikescanlon, Megalomaniac, EMPIRE2000E2K

xxx.x dB is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Help

sounds like you need a bigger alt

Polecat is offline Team Kicker Manager

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Help

or add another battery, send all the stereo amperage pull off the second battery...try that before adding a alt...weired, two JL500's shouldn't pull that much amperage...must have a small alt on there...

In Memory of Greg Welch

Team Kicker
    Kinetik Juiced

Behind every great man....is an underwear tag!

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

Closed Thread