jjma is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Budget System

Hi guys,

I am on a tight budget, and I was wondering about getting some decent bass for a good price that should cause me few problems. I have an alpine cda-7893 on the way and I am looking for a sub/amp combination for a decent price. I was thinking about the jbl 600.1 to power 1 jl audio 12" w3v2 dvc at 2 ohms, what do you guys think? Could the w3 handle that much power? I heard the jbl amps are a little under powered anyways? Any other suggestions at around the same or lesser price range? Remember I want quality and durability and am willing to pay a lil extra for the name brand. It doesn't have to take the roof off the building just some good sounding and strong hitting bass.

Also, I have a 91 crx si hatchback and I was wondering about what type of box to get? I would really like a stealth box that doesn't interfere too much with the car's interior...but beggars can't be choosers -=(. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

AScreenName is offline Custom User Text

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    my system i bought was a profile clarus amp thats 300 watts to each channel at 4 ohms, 450 to each channel at 2 ohms, and 900 bridge at 4 ohms, and its a two channel. that costed me 350 bucks. i found it the next day for 250. then i bought two mtx 10s at 70 bucks each (6000 series) and then a 40 dollar box. all and all it costed me 630 and would've costed me 530. for it being my first system, i feel like i got a pretty good price on it, and for all the bass i get out of it, that reasures me even more.

jjma is offline Junior Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    anymore input?

could someone answer whether 1 12 inch jl w3v2 could handle 600 watts from the jbl 600.1?

ace7733 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well it could, but you'd have to be careful and keep your gains down low

I would get the dual 2 ohm version, wire it at 4 ohms so you're only sending it 300 watts, and if you change your mind you can wire it at 1 ohm

OR if you ever get another dual 2 ohm, you can wire them together for a 2 ohm load

-

Closed Thread