Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Finally Crystal CSe subs review!!!

jlman is offline Review Committee

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Finally Crystal CSe subs review!!!

Well finally recieved subs and got my **** together and installed em. This is not gonna be a great review but I will try.

Well I was very impressed with my Crystal CMP so I decided to give the CSe subs a try and at the price o well if they are a horrible sub. I got on ebay looked them up and bought the subs then with "buy it now." Boy was I in for a ride. I ordered from audiooutlet http://64.4.20.250/cgi-bin/linkrd?_l...3aEOA%3aUS%3a2 Heres site I have slot ported box .From there it got very well... tricky. They had advertized that their were 2 subs for 65 which found out to be 1 sub anyway I called the them and had a lil talk with Josh which is a pretty cool guy and anyway ended up gettin them and a box (yes JLMAN got prefab lol) anway the only reason I got it was becasue it was to the subs specs and looked like a solid box which is very solid. Anway I walked away with the subs and box for 165 which is pretty darn good. Upon arrival I was really pissed off becasue the cardboard surrond was torn on the right sub and UPS wouldnt pay for it so I had to glue it back on and it doesnt look so hot. Anyway to make things worse they didnt send me the boxes or manuals which was not needed but would of liked to have. Anyway the subs were pretty basic not too complex. The surround is a strong rubber not foam so its a durable sub and the magnet structure isnt amazingly big and the baskit is fairly well built as well stamped steel. I actully dont have many specs on it besides watt rating which is 400rms a piece i do believe. And cyrstals site doesnt have them either. So I have not got a ton of info on sub. On with review... The cd player used was a Pioneer deh 9400, alpine spr-574a 4x6s in rear and alpine spr 174a 6 1/2 in front powered by a RF 200@4. The sub amp was going to be a JBL 600.1 but plans fell threw the roof on that so used a RF 400@4 which worked quite well. I put it in 2 channel bridged mode. The subs were 8 ohm svc so amp stayed cool as could be. When I got everything wired up I put the subs on for a 4 hour break in scession I played all freq and this sub was amazingly low. This thing goes low very very low for 12s. I played a concept bass cd that had a song go down to 15hz and the subs played perfect no distortion no muggy sound and very very efficeint espcially for the box being ported. The box was actully pretty good specs were 34"L, 15"H, 16"D I put the subs in near same specs sealed and the diff was huge the subs were alot cleaner but lacked the low freq that I like but still very impressive they were alot louder than my 2 12 Jl w3s with 500/1. Anway the sealed box was great but just dropped off at around 50hz and the ported box kept going which was impressive the sq is alot better as well than the JLs sound around the same in the ported as JLs do in sealed sq wise. The sq is incredible and in a sealed compare to Shivas. Well I was very very impressed with subs and they could play nearly any freq you would want without distoring and they were very efficeit and were not everywhere even in ported. I was so impressed i decided to take to comp. Well the results were awsome. It was a Db drag and I got 2nd place. My first hit was pretty impressive with a 143.1 then a 144.1. I was very pleased and everyone was pretty darn impressed for what I had anyway I got beat by 2 12 w6v2 subs by .1db I was pretty pissed off but o well. My intital thoughts on sub?

Well it's a very capable sub that has ability to go very low and has very very good sq with excellent efficency. IMO they are the best for the money on the market right now better than shivas IMO and better than JL w3s and alot of others and for 65 a piece thats a steal. I know this wasnt the best review but hey I am working on it just dont know what to say lol. If you have any questions I will answer better at that then the reviews. But to sum it up IMO it is one of the best subs in the $0-150 sub price range and anyone who is intrested in a shiva should look into this sub as well becasue it is a very capable sub. I will kinda clean review up later just tired and cant really think to well but anyway ask questions I will answer.

RangerMan is offline Premium Member RangerMan is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Nice!!! These reviews are awesome...more to come though so stay tuned!!!

Semi Retired SPL Master
    Review Commitee Organizer
    Team CarAudio.com Captain

147.3 Termlab

Stereo Integrity/Memphis/Pioneer/Optima/JL

2003 NSPL Regular Cab Record Holder

Big Thanks to Loyd Lowry and Nick Lemons from Stereo Integrity

jlman is offline Review Committee

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Ya i cant wait to see the elemental review though.

KoBan715 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Nice review. Now waiting for your review RangerMan.

Processor: AudioControl EpicCenter
    Amp: Autotek SX-2300
    Sub: 1 Re Hc-10

Closed Thread

User Tag List