Closed Thread

Reload Thread: type r vs shiva vs elemental k

naws is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

type r vs shiva vs elemental k

ok this is my problem.... i dont know which one i should get... id rather have sq over spl but i still want it to hit hard.... i've never heard any of these subs too... so i need your help... i also want it to look beefy cos im planning to get a sick install... design wise, i like the front of the type r but the back of the elemntal k... shiva just doesnt look beefy at all...

kaosmoon is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    box size?

Ben

get out of your box.

naws is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i'm building from the ground up so i pick the sub first then build around it... i prefer a box less than 2.25 ft^3 the smaller the better sealed or ported as long as it sounds good... i havent herard the k series perform so do you know of any dealers around in nj area that i couldnt listen to? thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    direct only as of yet. We don't do dealers

also. 2.25 cubes you could easily port a single 12" K series driver, you could easily fit 2 12" K series drivers sealed in 2 cubes or less. 2 cubes for the pair is perfect could go down to .8 for each driver and still be just fine. 2+ cubes would work great for a single sealed shiva.

Either the K or the shiva will sound **** fine in a ported enclosure but finding the room may become a issue.

Ben

get out of your box.

naws is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    hmmmm whats the k designed for anyways sq? spl? or more of sq than spl or wha? coz ive never heard it so atleast describe it to me hehehe..... how does it compare to a RF he2 12"
    thanks for your honest input for both subs even though you own the k....appreciate the help

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I personally feel it would be more than competitive with a he2. The K is designed first and foremost for sq applications (if a speaker this affordable doesn't sound good, what's the piont?). However, the way it was built allows it to do many things very well. The extremely versatile design allows it to sound great due to the middle of the road q in sealed or ported applications. The amount of throw it has allows it to get stankily loud in sealed or ported applications. The low end on the lil sucker is just something imo. The sq side of the K series is more than capable, it just has a 'hidden agenda' if you want to call it that meaning it sure as heck likes the spl side of the game as well. Port and tune it high the peak just grows and grows allowing it to be extremely usable in that application as well. It's one of the sq subs that wasn't happen with the traditional sq label that got desigend to do a few other things as well.

Ben

get out of your box.

bumpin_blazer is offline Only the Strong Survive

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    sorry for not posting this myself as a dif. thread just wondering if 4.5cuft for 2 ek12"s would be too much for sealed or ported???

adam

2006 Bright Island Blue 6s: stock 6 disc in dash, Hertz Hi-Energy 6.5" comps, MB Quart Ref 12", eclipse 5-channel sub amp.

Car mods: Lowered on Mazdaspeed springs with Koni Yellow shocks, Racing beat front/rear sway bars with AWR end links, LED turn signals, tail lights, front side markers, 18" ADR Cypher rims, 55w HID's in low beam and fogs, 5% tint all the way around. No go fast mods yet...tuning and Mazda6 don't go well together .

Steve a.k.a. ss3079: So this one lady goes, "These ignorant people who drive around blasting there music, they cant hear emergency vehicles"
    So that set me off, and I said "Well then why do they let deaf people drive?"

AOL: JmKeenen

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by bumpin_blazer
    sorry for not posting this myself as a dif. thread just wondering if 4.5cuft for 2 ek12"s would be too much for sealed or ported???

adam

bit too large for a pair sealed, however port them and tune it to around 30hz in that box size. and your output is going to be incredible.

Ben

get out of your box.

bumpin_blazer is offline Only the Strong Survive

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    hmmmmm see i wasn't sure if i would want to try that setup just for something to have that no one has heard of that is really loud. problem being i can't crank my overdrive subs even for a min. due to they pop and sound horrible if i do. thanks though i am really confused still wanting to get my DD3515's in just have lots to save for.

adam

2006 Bright Island Blue 6s: stock 6 disc in dash, Hertz Hi-Energy 6.5" comps, MB Quart Ref 12", eclipse 5-channel sub amp.

Car mods: Lowered on Mazdaspeed springs with Koni Yellow shocks, Racing beat front/rear sway bars with AWR end links, LED turn signals, tail lights, front side markers, 18" ADR Cypher rims, 55w HID's in low beam and fogs, 5% tint all the way around. No go fast mods yet...tuning and Mazda6 don't go well together .

Steve a.k.a. ss3079: So this one lady goes, "These ignorant people who drive around blasting there music, they cant hear emergency vehicles"
    So that set me off, and I said "Well then why do they let deaf people drive?"

AOL: JmKeenen

Closed Thread