Reload Thread: wtf is breaking in subs?

Jaysun is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wtf is breaking in subs?

how do i break in subs? i got a 15 and i am getting it in stalled today, should i not just send it the max watts at high volume? can i send the rms though? please help

1998 Chrysler Cirrus
    -Factory Deck
    -Factory Speakers
    -15" Kicker Comp
    -JBL JB300.1

wesleysh is offline Senior VIP w/large Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whether or not subs actually need breaking in is still being debated. The best I can tell you is read the manual and follow any break in instructions they list.

I'm never wrong, EVER! Just ask me.

black00 is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CERTAIN....subs need to be broken in....

Get a brand new Resonant Engineering SE 12 (last night) and push on it....up and down feels like a unforgiving trampoline.....

Put it on about 300watts and roll 20hz repeating tone through it for about 1.5hours and she's a little looser.... the spider is NASTY bulky stiff when brand new....the Surround is lil' stiff...all in all its kinda TENSE....the suspension needs to be worked a little....

Would i be afraid to pull it out of the box and BEAT WANG on it...no...thats exactly what i did...didn't hurt the sub at all..(not gonna hurt most subs anyway)..after i abused the crap out of it....i ran it through 20hz cycle for awhile to loosen it up....we plugged em into the box again....got a little louder...after about 10 more hours on it...it'll get nice and goosy...and beat hella wang for us....

Now pull a JL (w0,1,3,4) out of a box....and punish the thing...its not built well enough to need supsension loosening (break in)....same thing with the rfs...pull em out .....and put some fury to them....

BEAT ON EM!!!......screw it.......if they can't handle the funk...they make good door stops...

Dangerous and Unstable....
    I am probably one of the guys that inspired you.....
    Every one of ya'll means everything to me, we bleed for ya'll, das why we call it Fam-i-ly......

Closed Thread