Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

6.5 which ones is recomended i don't know jack

I'm looking to get 6.5 speakers for my car i don't know which components to choose for the front and what to get for the back i know absolutely nothing about car audio just looking for something that sounds good just picked up a alpine CDA-7893 i think thats the right one so looking for good speakers to link up to it if you can help me i'd really apreciate it. Thanks

audiolife is offline WhAt?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    i wold amplify the component set....id chameleons or jl xr set

Sony Mobile ES C-90 Audison Bit-One
    Audison LRx 3.1 MT
    Hertz HSK 130
    Mid Bass ?
    DB Drive K5 15
    Kinetik 1400HC
    avital 2200 alarm
    dynamat extreme

excelonperu is offline livin it up

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Ok, if you want to run a set of components, you will need an amplifier, cause I think the alpine pushes 27w RMS x 4, yes I know it says 60x4, but thats peak power, you have to look for the RMS power.
    If you want to run your speakers from your deck, then get a set of coaxial 5.25 for the front and some 3-way for the back, I you like alpine, their speakers are good to, that will sound nice, and should be ok, for most of the people.
    But if you really want quality and power, then get an amplifier
    Your deck is really nice, I think it has 3 sets of RCA outputs, yes the red and white cables in the back.
    Search for a good amp in the web, alpine amps are good, but there are sooooo many other brands, well order the amp, and then go get it profesionally installed, if you say you dont know anything about car audio dont try to do this, learn first.
    You should search for something like 50w RMS x4 for running your comps, this should give you nice sound and power, the alpine type R componnets are good, but there are better ones, like boston acoustics, infinity, crystal, etc, just go to your local car audio shop and listen to the speakers and chose the one you liked most.
    6.5 comps in the front should be ok, maybe a good pair of 3-ways for the back, or another set of comps.
    Then if you want even better sound go get another amp, (a 2 channel know) with something like 100rms x2, and get a good pair of subs, for sound quality get a sealed box, for high volume, get a ported box. Again get this one professionally installed}
    and again the alpine“s type R are really good subs, other good ones are ID, JL, etc
    hope that makes you an idea of how you should get started

RiverRat is offline Junior Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I'm thinking of getting a PSD 216 components by mbquarts my friends tell me that those are good. i have some kenwood 3-ways in the back already so i'm thiinking of getting a 2 channel amp for the front and run the ones in the back to the headunit i doubt i'll get subs and a amp for my car don't want them to get stolen again so if this sounds good plz let me know i'm itching to get a good sounding car again and how powerful of a amp do i need also? Your help is greatly appreciated
    Last edited by RiverRat; 08-17-2002 at 12:37 AM.

excelonperu is offline livin it up

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The MbQuarts are really good, I also got 4-way kenwoods in the , back and they sound pretty decent, If you want an amplifiers for the front ones, get at least a 50w x 2 amp, but you may also want to use a 50x4 amp to run the front components ,a nd the 3-ways in the back, that would sound pretty good

Closed Thread

User Tag List