Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Reload Thread: Thinking of Phoenix Gold Titanium Elite 12" subs

HiAmplidude is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thinking of Phoenix Gold Titanium Elite 12" subs

My amp is capable of delivering power that my Type X 12"s just cannot handle safely. I'm thinking about stepping up my subs a notch to take the full brute force of the Mmats amp, and the PG Ti12Comp Elite subs look crazy! (and match my main components)

Thinking of going that route or even going the other direction to lower-power, more efficient 12"s and hitting the amp at 2 Ohm to cut its power in half.

I'm not necessarily looking to improve anything in the system -- just want to experiment with different setups.

Anyone want to share some brain spasms with me?

Anyone with experiences with the Titanium Elite 12" subs?

Mackenzie is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Thinking of Phoenix Gold Titanium Elite 12" subs

Quote Originally Posted by HiAmplidude
    My amp is capable of delivering power that my Type X 12"s just cannot handle safely. I'm thinking about stepping up my subs a notch to take the full brute force of the Mmats amp, and the PG Ti12Comp Elite subs look crazy! (and match my main components)

Thinking of going that route or even going the other direction to lower-power, more efficient 12"s and hitting the amp at 2 Ohm to cut its power in half.

I'm not necessarily looking to improve anything in the system -- just want to experiment with different setups.

Anyone want to share some brain spasms with me?

Anyone with experiences with the Titanium Elite 12" subs?

It is a very nice speaker. Can handle 2000+ all day long. sq is excellent, and the low end extension is crazy. It has a cone replacement assembly for quick repairs if ever necessary. You can also get the spl cone for it, which is always nice.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mackenzie
    It is a very nice speaker. Can handle 2000+ all day long. sq is excellent, and the low end extension is crazy. It has a cone replacement assembly for quick repairs if ever necessary. You can also get the spl cone for it, which is always nice.
    Great feedback. Thanks!

macbethpoe is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If I were you, for $399.99 I would get two Brahmas. I think they would do much better than the Elites. What model amp do you have?

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by macbethpoe
    If I were you, for $399.99 I would get two Brahmas. I think they would do much better than the Elites. What model amp do you have?
    I'm trying to avoid building a new box, and if I do, I'd like it to actually be smaller, so I can gain some cargo space back. What do the Brahma 12"s need (sealed)? Current enclosure is 1.35 cu. ft. internal net per side.

The amp is a Mmats D3000.1 (roughly 3200 Watts @ 1 Ohm real). Cut that in half @ 2 Ohm, and I'm still lookin' at a not shabby 1600 W.

macbethpoe is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You could get two Brahma dual 2 ohms, and run them at around 800 watts each which would be ideal, you might want to ask around before giving 1600 to each. I am not postive but I think Brahmas can do quite well in small boxes. I think it would be an excellent choice for you.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mac, I appreciate the input. I've always heard good things about the Brahmas, and now they're at the top of my short list of next things to try out. Gotta' do a little more research. I was a fan of blueprintdrivers.com stuff, but they're gone. Now, I have my eye on SoundSplinter (at 700W each) and even JL W7's. If I cut back, I might think about JL W6V2, or moving in a different direction. It all depends on where my wallet with the credit card is sitting when I have that "moment of insanity" to try the next thing. The type X's are f'ing amazing. 142.5dB on a rap track in an SUV in a sealed cabinet, and they're musical like nothing I've ever heard before. If something out there can impress me like that, I'd be surprised and extremely stoked (especially if the price is decent).

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HiAmplidude
    Mac, I appreciate the input. I've always heard good things about the Brahmas, and now they're at the top of my short list of next things to try out. Gotta' do a little more research. I was a fan of blueprintdrivers.com stuff, but they're gone. Now, I have my eye on SoundSplinter (at 700W each) and even JL W7's. If I cut back, I might think about JL W6V2, or moving in a different direction. It all depends on where my wallet with the credit card is sitting when I have that "moment of insanity" to try the next thing. The type X's are f'ing amazing. 142.5dB on a rap track in an SUV in a sealed cabinet, and they're musical like nothing I've ever heard before. If something out there can impress me like that, I'd be surprised and extremely stoked (especially if the price is decent).
    The elites will definately impress in a sealed box. I sell alpine equipment, and jl equipment. The w7s and type x's are very impressive, but youve got to hear the elite. Good luck

http://cgi.ebay.com/PHOENIX-GOLD-TI1...QQcmdZViewItem

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The elites will definately impress in a sealed box. I sell alpine equipment, and jl equipment. The w7s and type x's are very impressive, but youve got to hear the elite. Good luck

http://cgi.ebay.com/PHOENIX-GOLD-TI1...QQcmdZViewItem
    Cool. Are you implying that you've experienced them all, in worthy installations, and the Ti Elite's are superior in some ways than the others?

I've heard plenty of JL W7's and they're amazing. So are my Type X 12"s. I'd be very curious to know how the Ti Elite's compare -- even if they're inferior in one way, but maybe superior in another...

HeatSeeker is offline Oh lawds

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

**** thats a nice price for the Elites. must....resist...buy now button.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Im not going to go their, because some people will probably get mad at my comments because im a pg fan, but Ive given all 3 subs fair comparisons. As a matter afact the alpine, and jl had the upper hand because since we sell them we have built a dozen different kinds of enclosures for them. I dont sell pg at all, and have only tried 2 boxes for them. Just make sure if you get it, then you have atleast 1500 to power it to its potential.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HeatSeeker
    **** thats a nice price for the Elites. must....resist...buy now button.....

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Im not going to go their, because some people will probably get mad at my comments because im a pg fan, but Ive given all 3 subs fair comparisons. As a matter afact the alpine, and jl had the upper hand because since we sell them we have built a dozen different kinds of enclosures for them. I dont sell pg at all, and have only tried 2 boxes for them. Just make sure if you get it, then you have atleast 1500 to power it to its potential.
    That's my problem brother. With a Mmats D3000.1, I'm lookin' at 3200 WRMS real at 1 Ohm. I need a sub that can not only *take*, but *use* that kind of juice (1600~ish) each.

My other experiment would be to cut back to 2 Ohm at the amp and push a pair with 1600 W (800 W each), which opens my options WAY up.

Just wanna play a bit. No real limit on cost, although that's a factor to a degree.

... and I agree about saying anything on a forum about something being "better" in some way than JL (or something else) in one particular area. Could start a flame-war.

I appreciate the feedback. Still waiting for my local dealer to get back to me on their availability... After 3 days, and 2 phone calls, it's looking less and less likely I'll be able to get a pair from them (immediately), if I decide to take the plunge.

Please feel free to throw more info' out. I'm on the fence....

damanTO81 is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

have u thought about trying some eclipse titaniums

O8 Titan Crew Cab

HU:EclipseCD5000

Sub:Eclipse SW9152Pro
    Amps:Power Acoustik LFA1-5500D

Threadstarter