Closed Thread

Reload Thread: what should i get

dan3286 is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

what should i get

im driving a 2000 bravada. nothing has been changed yet. stock head unit and speakers. ive read that i should get the amp first because that will allow more watts to all the speakers and then i can get subs next. im not looking for competition quality just decent sound at a good price. id like to keep it under $350 for the amp and 2 subs. and for the subs i was thinking 10"s or 12"s. so what should i get?

oh and what type of amp should i get for 2 subs? i want the amp to power the subs and the speakers in the car (if thats possible im a newbie here so cut me some slack) and have enough watts so that if i decide to get more subs i wont have to buy a new amp. or is it a better idea to have an amp for the subs and an amp for the speakers?
    Last edited by dan3286; 08-09-2002 at 11:24 AM.

geonn is offline oalright

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    well most ppl replace the stock HU first then either go with subs and a amp or replace the speakers. most ppl i know did the HU then got subs. and for 350 for an amp and subs is kinda tight but it can be done. a pair of infinty references and a jbl 600.1 can be had for around that

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i know i should replace the HU first but the one it has now isnt bad and i wanna have a good system soon. i think the HU will be on the christmas list.

DiamondAudioFan is offline Superior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I think that getting a better amp 1st, and not great subs is the best idea. Then you will always have enough power for the Subs that you decide to upgrade to.

I'm not sure about what combo you should go with. I'm not very familiar with some of the lesser known brands, ask someone like Rangerman, or anyone else on the review comittee, they have a lot more exp. to subs.

--Greg

RangerMan is offline Premium Member RangerMan is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The whole setup for under $350??? If you are looking cheap, get a JBL 300.1 and a 12inch JLW3. Spend the rest on speakers...you don't need to change the stock h/u, right away.

Semi Retired SPL Master
    Review Commitee Organizer
    Team CarAudio.com Captain

147.3 Termlab

Stereo Integrity/Memphis/Pioneer/Optima/JL

2003 NSPL Regular Cab Record Holder

Big Thanks to Loyd Lowry and Nick Lemons from Stereo Integrity

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i was thinking 2 12" infinity references and i havent decided on the amp just yet. and i want 2 tweeters. so id have to spend more than $350 but christmas is coming up soon.... so ill be asking for the tweeters for christmas. and maybe a 15"sub. but id rather start the system on my own so its completely mine. if the subs are gonna cost me $200 what kind of amp should i get. somewhere in the $200 and lower range...

Closed Thread