Closed Thread

Reload Thread: stolen system

Rmsanger is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Icon32 stolen system

Two weeks ago I had my system stollen from me. It was over $1500 worth of car audio. I had a high end pioneer premier, Rockford amp 500@2, 4 audio bahn 6 1/4's, and a custom built box. This system was my baby through high school as I paid for it on my ****** 7.50 an hour high school salary. The box was probably the best thing out of the group cause it my the little audiobahns quake. Anyway getting to the point my insurance will be giving me money towards a new system. I ball park it at $1200. I'm looking to revamp the system more for Sq than for dbl's. My purpose is to seek suggestions on the best system I can get for around 2 grand. I was thinking along the lines of audiobahn, boston acoustics, infinity... that kinda ball park. Possibly MP Quarts for highs and JL W6's for subs. Thanks I need a lil help it's been a ****** week!!!

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Huh you know I was looking through the board and I've never noticed before that my intitials are the same as the power supply from an amplifier. kinda wierd.

MikeofTulsa is offline The one and Only!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    sounds like your heading in the right direction so far..mb quarts are good componets as are infinity and alpine....good choice on the sub as well.....for the amps i would probably recomend pheonix gold for the componets and jbl for the subs....and almost any cd player will work...jus dependson what your looking for...good luck

cranker289 is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    To add to the list of good components for the highs, I've heard good things about:
    Rainbow
    Crystal
    Focal

Oh, and if you think $7.50 an hour is bad, try busting your @$$ off all day long (smashing a huge slab of concrete in a parking lot, tearing down walls, etc) for just $5.15 an hour. I hate my job, but hey, it's money . I just can't wait till mid- September, then it gets easy, and who knows, I might get a raise.

No one likes you, go away .

wesleysh is offline Senior VIP w/large Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    When you're working on a budget, its better to just get one good sub IMO. Power it right and maximize its ability the best you can. That will leave you plenty of money to get nice high end speakers up front. That's how I feel about SQ setups anyways.

I'm never wrong, EVER! Just ask me.

audiolife is offline WhAt?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    jbl 600.1 1 adire shiva = 300 (sub + bass amp) kicker infinity alpine all make a great affordable component set for under 200 on line. head unit i would lean more towards panasonic alpine eclipse pioneer and kenwood all make dependable stuff. components amp jbl 80.2 at about a 100. now u are thinkin gees this guy is dumb.. i said 2g's not one...remember the instalation get good quality stuff and get the components in kickpanels. also you can get 2 shivas and a jbl 1200.1 for about 500 or so but that depends on what you are looking for..and if you are not sure about the "installation" DO NOT be affraid to take it to someone that is good..it may cost a lil bit more but i would take what i recommended installed very well over high dollar stuff installed poorly any day

Sony Mobile ES C-90 Audison Bit-One
    Audison LRx 3.1 MT
    Hertz HSK 130
    Mid Bass ?
    DB Drive K5 15
    Kinetik 1400HC
    avital 2200 alarm
    dynamat extreme

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    K so far I'm pretty sure I'm going with a Pioneer Deh-8400MP for the HU. I'm also thinking about an Infinity Perfect 12'. It takes 1400 peak and 350 RMS. I looked around at amps but I don't know the optimal power handling I need. I like the audiobahn and Phoenix gold amps but maybe a JBL would do. I know Phoenix Gold and PPI are much better than the other two but price might also be a factor because I still need to do my mids and highs. Any suggestions?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I would go with what Audiolife says, either that or maybe some Type R's. Where in Fl are you located?

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm in Fort Myers. I might be having second thoughts on my decisions. All the audio shops have been pushing me into the same direction. 3 shops want me to go with
    1 JLW6 with an 800 watt fosgate amp. Then they pointed me to an Eclipse model instead of the pioneer. Some of the new sony's are nice too. The MEX-1HD seems cool since you wouldn't need cd's anymore. Each shop told me that the new sony decks were alot nicer than the problem infested decks from 2001 and previous. I only can go with certain brands due to my insurance company so I can't go with shiva's or any other smaller name brands.

audiolife is offline WhAt?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    that is illegal for your insurance company to do but if you dont wanna press the issue type r's are great they are from alpine they make a good type r component set and the jbl would eat the fosgate up no contest

Sony Mobile ES C-90 Audison Bit-One
    Audison LRx 3.1 MT
    Hertz HSK 130
    Mid Bass ?
    DB Drive K5 15
    Kinetik 1400HC
    avital 2200 alarm
    dynamat extreme

maxx031 is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Icon14 Re: stolen system

That ***** About Your System But Dont Feel Bad I Have Had 1 Car Stolen And Never Recovered And Three Break Ins Here In Nc. Anyway Check Out The Zeb They Are Runnung A P/g Package Deal You Will Probably Want To Beef Up The Amp Use The Package Amp For Deck And Doors . Also Cdt Is Hot If You Have The Money Try The Braxial Comps. Good Luck W/ Your New Toys

Ne1
    Ne1 is offline MacDaddy lookin for the $

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: stolen system

Put aside some change for an alarm if you can, that'll help stop a majority of the smash and grab punks....

Chevyaudio is offline :poof:

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

deffinatly do an alarm first, good choice in subs, i like the W6's, also, if you need an HU go for either an Alpine or eclipse.

T9X
    T9X is offline Best thang smokin'!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

He's got $2,000 to blow and all that's been mentioned is the Type-R and W6?

Ascendant Audio Atlas/Avalanche

RE SE/XXX

Soundsplinter RL-i/RL-p

Oz Audio Matrix Elite

Alumapro (not sure which line but I've heard good things about their SQ)

Image Dynamics IDQ/IDMAX

Adire Audio Shiva/Brahma

CDT Audio HD series

Diamond Audio D6/D9 lines

Soundstream Exact

Eclipse Aluminum/Titanium series

All very worthy subwoofer choices.

*Kari Sweets is teh h0t*

REFS -Lingerfelt, Jdm94Coupe, bonesninja, teamquakecelica, diminishedpower, VarsityBumper, Kali77, joeboxer5876, XplorerL7

Quote Originally Posted by Toasted1 View Post
    HAHA dude you have to realize this is CA.com all of our chicks look like **** stars Thankfully your chick has a decent body so you can kind of put aside the fact that it looks like she was mauled in the face by a pack of pitbulls.

albarran9 is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

listen to Alpine type r comps for up front. iv got a pair and i love them. they only like 150 or less shipped on E bay. do your home work be for you buy any thing and make sure that you know what you want and you get the best price for it.

/////Alpine HU
    CDT CL-61A W/T-24 tweeters
    /////Alpine MRP-T220 Amp
    MTX 311D Amp
    MTX 12" MZS Subwoofers

Closed Thread