Closed Thread

Reload Thread: 6.5s on a 6x9

gltyrian is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

6.5s on a 6x9

i was on the crutchfeld site and they told me that some 6.5's would fit where my 6x9 rears are at on my honda accord... how would i go about that? would i get an adapter? where at?

my riders been complainin' that in the back..all u hear is bass and the music aint loud enough..so while i might lose some SQ, i thought i'd put a good comp set in the back... maybe some kappa 60.5 going for like 160 on ebay>?

Sony CDX-7000, CDT HD-62 front, Kappa 60.2 rears, PPI PC4400 powered, ED12A.22 sub, Avionixx 800.2 powered, Dynmat Extreme trunk and front doors

maylar is offline Electrical Weenie

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    SoundDomain has them - http://www.sounddomain.com/sku/SCOSA69 - but you'll hafta deal with the tweeter separately.

Maybe you haven't heard any good 6X9's. Infinity Reference or the Pioneer 3-way's would give your rear seat passengers some tunes.

dave
    ----------
    1999 Buick Park Ave Ultra
    Head Unit: JVC KWHDR720
    EQ: Audiocontrol EQL
    Front Stage: Hybrid Audio Technologies Imagine 5.25 mids, Morel Maximo tweets
    Sub Stage: Boston G3 10", 0.5 cu ft sealed
    Amp: PPI Phantom 900.4
    Rear Fill: Boston SE953 6X9's

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    actually..u know what..how do a good set of 6x9 compare to some components? when i was shopping for the front speakers in my car..i noticed some big diffs between components and 3 ways... how are the kappa 693.5s or something rather? they retail for about the same price as a set of kappa components..

Sony CDX-7000, CDT HD-62 front, Kappa 60.2 rears, PPI PC4400 powered, ED12A.22 sub, Avionixx 800.2 powered, Dynmat Extreme trunk and front doors

maylar is offline Electrical Weenie

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    6.5" components are bound to be clearer in the midrange than 6X9's. But they'll cost a lot more too. A good 6x9 on the other hand can go pretty low, but bass isn't your problem. I have the Infinity Reference 6X9's in my deck and I love them. Rear seat passengers say they're clean and smooth and the silk tweeters are nice without being overbearing. And for $79 they can't be beat with a stick. What are you using now?

dave
    ----------
    1999 Buick Park Ave Ultra
    Head Unit: JVC KWHDR720
    EQ: Audiocontrol EQL
    Front Stage: Hybrid Audio Technologies Imagine 5.25 mids, Morel Maximo tweets
    Sub Stage: Boston G3 10", 0.5 cu ft sealed
    Amp: PPI Phantom 900.4
    Rear Fill: Boston SE953 6X9's

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    im using some old pioneer 6x9's right now, it was a lower end model.. i think the t6993 or 5.. i forgot.. it was the first thing i got when i got my car cuz the dx model of the honda didnt come w/ rear speakers :-/

they aren't bad bad speakers, but u can certainly hear some differences w/ them and the kappa 60.3's i have in the front.. these only go 40 watts rms...

im lookin' at about a 150-160 dollar range upgrade for the back... so im checkin' ebay out and i see some kappa 60.5 comp sets in the back... or if a more natural fit kappa 693.5 in the back sound good... that might be more convienent.. especially of the quaity of the 3ways are just as good.. and they run just about the same price range on ebay... 150ish...

so what do u guys think in regards to that?

Closed Thread