Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Recommedation for a sub

Unregistered Guest

Recommedation for a sub

I am looking for a sub stictly to be used for sound quality, I am not interested in SPL, I really just want the bottom end in the music. I mainly listen to Soft Rock, Country, Contemporary Chrisitan and the like. I currently have an Alpine Head Unit with Infinity Reference Speaker in the car.

delarama is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    If you want sound quality, then in my opinion go with an Audiobahn ALUM10x sub and push it with a Soundstream lilwonder or angina amp. I am running 2 of the alum10x subs with a Soundstream lil wonder 4 channel amp (they come in 2, 4, and 5 channels), great sound quality. for the type of music you listen one 10 would work great, 2 would be a little overbearing. I'd bridge the sub to get the deeper bass. Also the ALUM10x works great in a .7 - .9 cubic foot sealed box. which takes up very lil space and both amps i mentioned are small in size but big in power, hence the name lil wonder. hope this helps ya

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My recommendation

The Audiobahn aluminums are okay, I will not put them down but there are two out there that are much better. The Infinity Perfect or the Eclipse Titanium or Aluminum series. Get either a 10 or a 12. 15 inches and higher shows that they are used for SPL purposes and sound quality usually goes down, if not significantly and they are usually a little more sluggish. Trust me. Look into the Infinity and the Eclipse ones. Infinities are about half the price of the Eclipses so you may want to look into those. I speak from experience with the Infinities. I have 2 10" in the back of my truck. They can go VERY loud for 10s and match most 12s. They have about 0.65 inches excursion, which provides for some pretty vicious cone action. To sum it up they have the ability to go very high with little or no sound quality loss, they hit EXTREMELY low (18Hz!), they are "quick", and they have some of the best sound quality on the market. Like the person before me said, you may want to just go with one 10 or 12, but for a full experience get two and if it is two much then turn the gain down a tad. Really, the Infinity Subwoofers are amazing. If you decide for some reason not to go with my recommendation, be sure to a.) Get a subwoofer with an aluminum cone and b.) Do not get a 15" or bigger subwoofer. You said you wanted sound quality and if you follow those two guidelines you'll be set and if you get the Infinities you will be a very happy person, I sure am. Just be sure to give them enough power. 500-700 RMS should do. That is about how much I give mine and I have turned them up VERY loud and a.) they did not bottom out or show signs of doing so b.) they hit very clear. Definately a top recommendation from me. Good luck and happy listening.

01price is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The best sub to get, would be to try to find a Phoenix Gold Cyclone. It does not use a cone or voice coil or surround or spiders. Instead it uses these blades. They go all the way down to 11hz and get pretty loud. They have virtually no distortion. They are also great because since the design is so effient, they only require 150 wRMS to reach full 38 degrees excursion. They can handle upto 300 wRMS though. Keep in mind it is an 8 ohm driver, so get at least something that will put out 300-500 wRMS at 4 ohms. Another disadvantage is that they require a 2.5-3.0 sealed box to play properly. If you want the best sounding low end reproduction on the plant, get one of these if you can still find one. They cost $800 retail when they came out in 1999, but PG only made a few.
    I have one for sell on ebay right now if you want to check it out: http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI...ndexURL=0&rd=1
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Recommedation for a sub-mvc-305f2.jpg  

jtmoney is offline i DiDn'T dO iT!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

best sq subs

There are only 6 names for SQ u need to know...

1. Oz audio LM series
    2. Image Dynamics IDQ
    3. Focal
    4. Crystal CMP
    5. Eclipse (alums just as good as the Ti's)

Actually make that 6. JLW6 in the righte box with power can be a good woofer too...

Laterz.

-------------------Im eXtReMeLy ShOcKeD. R u?--------------------------

ramos is offline Still learning

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    104 Post(s)

Re: best sq subs

Originally posted by jtmoney
    There are only 6 names for SQ u need to know...

1. Oz audio LM series
    2. Image Dynamics IDQ
    3. Focal
    4. Crystal CMP
    5. Eclipse (alums just as good as the Ti's)

Actually make that 6. JLW6 in the righte box with power can be a good woofer too...

Laterz.

-------------------Im eXtReMeLy ShOcKeD. R u?--------------------------
    What about the Diamond macdaddy. That is one heluva SQ sub. Actually they would probably be my favorite SQ sub of all.

Unregistered Guest

The best sub for sound quality would be jl audio's w3's and their w6's. They sound very clear and if you use a jl amp, then it will sound even better.

Kable

Closed Thread