Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Aura MR62 components

Desertheat wanted me to do a review right when I first had the Aura MR62 but I wanted to be fair and have them installed for several weeks before writing one. I'll begin by sharing all the speakers I've previously owned in order from first set to my current ones:

Alpine Type S coaxials - I liked these. They were excellent for rock.
    Infinity 5000cs components - hated these. Weak midbass and output. Distortion prone.
    Crystal csc-50s components - loved these. Big step up from the Infinitys'. Punchy midbass, tweets are nice and clear.
    Orion P5.2 components - tweets were a little too bright. Midbass is a little stronger than the Crystals. In all honesty, I liked the crystals more.
    Infinity Kappa Perfects - Love the midbass, but not the tweets.

Aura MR62 components - Great build quality. These and all the speakers I've previously owned are in two completely different leagues. If I had to compare it with something, off the top of my head, something along the lines of Diamond Hexes come to mind. I've heard the Hexes at a local car audio shop and was very impressed, not at the price tag though. The Auras I bought were 3x less than what the store wanted for the Hexes. These are either on par, if not better than the hexes.

Listening - I listen to a diverse selection of music. My primary favorites are video game tunes, techno, some mainstream rap like 50 cent, and some occasional rock.
    Songs I tested the Auras to are;

Chrono Trigger - OST Green Amnesia
    Metal Gear Solid - The best is yet to come
    Robert Miles - Children (original and remix)
    The Game f/50 cent - how we do
    Linkin Park - Meteora Album

Sound - These speakers are simply magical. I love them. They play instruments that I HAVE NEVER HEARD before with my other speakers. Honestly. I listen to the same music over and over and discovered new sounds with the Auras. They are extremely bright and detailed, with no fatiguing whatsoever. I'm not the greatest with words but I absolutely love the tweets, they're soooo crisp and clean.

Value - These speakers are worth every penny and more. I got one hell of a deal from desertheat when I bought them. I'd rather have these then the Diamond Hexes I auditioned at the local car audio store.

Final words - Get these if you can. I'm pretty sure you've seen the links desertheart provided as reviews for the Auras, nothing but rave reviews. I completely agree with what people have said about them. Great speakers for the money. If you're a true audiophile, you have to give these a listen. Again, I've had these installed for weeks now for a fair review. My initial impression and final impression have stayed the same. I was very happy when I first hooked them up and still am today.

sephiroth619 is offline **** Commander

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Aura MR62 components

Side note - I bought 2 sets of these from desertheat with the intention to have two speakers on my doors. Instead, I've decided to only have one set hooked up because I'm scared of cutting my doors. And to be truthful, one set is more than enough. Not sure what I'm going to do with my second pair as of yet.

Closed Thread