Closed Thread

Reload Thread: TC sounds uberwoofer

chubby is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

TC sounds uberwoofer

I am one of the fortunate few to get their hands on this woofer. If you don't know about it, it was a custom order/group buy from TC sounds, led by JLaine from SIN CA etc. About 18 of the subs were made and they are phenomonal. It is a 15 and shares the same basket and cone as the eclipse Ti, a very **** sub in itself. However the similarities to the Ti end there. The Uber is dual 3" flat wound voice coil, 1.4 ohm impedance, an FS of 21 hz, one way Xsus of 38.4 mm, A HUGE TRIPLE STACKED MAGNET, Titanium cone, massive surround, its just a beast of a sub. Designed as a low end monster and a menace of a HT woofer.

I have it in 2.7 cubes w/ roughly 1.5k actual wattage going to it. This subs looks can be decieving. I thought this sub would simply throw buckets of air, but it is truly the most beautiful sounding sub i have ever heard. The sound is totally transient and overwhelming at the same time. It absolutely murders low notes . Throw it in a ported box or PR setup and prepare to shake your car to the frame (as well as your brain).

In comparison to a brahma, this sub simply sounds better. Watt for watt a brahma is more efficient. Ive heard the brahma both sealed and ported and the uber sealed is louder than a sealed brahma, with unbelievable accuracy. Comapered to a w7, the UBER is far more capable of being louder, and the low end SQ is undoubtably superior, however this sub isnt as accurate for higher frequency bass like the W7 is (But you shouldnt send those frequencies to a sub anyways). This sub's powerhandling is insane and if you can feed it (and get your hands on one), it will be louder than any production woofer available. But i cannot stress enough the SQ of this thing is unbelievable. Forget super woofers, get an UBER WOOFER.

I simply cannot accurately compare it to any sub i know of.

i drive a honda element.

-Eclipse AVN h/u
    -custom fiberglass doorpods
    -CDT 7.2usx comps
    -mmatts SQ####? amp (200x2wrms underrated)
    -"custom" TC9/XXX 15"
    -Cadence zrs-10

and lots and lots of bjork.

chubby is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: TC sounds uberwoofer

also, comapred to my old eD 15a, it rapes it in every category. i had my 15a in a ported box built to ed specs; the uber's output sealed owns the 15a ported, and is more accurate and transparent

i drive a honda element.

-Eclipse AVN h/u
    -custom fiberglass doorpods
    -CDT 7.2usx comps
    -mmatts SQ####? amp (200x2wrms underrated)
    -"custom" TC9/XXX 15"
    -Cadence zrs-10

and lots and lots of bjork.

Closed Thread