+ Reply to Thread

Reload Thread: JBL MS-62C paired with Boston Acoutics GT-2200 AMAZING!!!

Bass Face84 is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

JBL MS-62C paired with Boston Acoutics GT-2200 AMAZING!!!

Review of Subwoofer or Speaker:

<i>Post name, details and review of the equipment you're reviewing. This forum is for reviews only! No questions should be posted!</i>

Just got my JBL MS-62C splits installed hooked up to a Boston Acoustics GT-2200.
    I deadened my doors like crazy, sealed up the holes and used foam around the gasket to seal the mids to the door.

JBL's review- I don't know how these would sound without all the work I did to the doors but with it they sound PHENOMENAL. The midbass is unbelievable. I am using the passive xo's the set came with and have them high passed at 65hz right now until I get my subs. The midbass is tight accurate and actually gets low. You can feel it. The midrange is CRYSTAL clear and I have heard no distortion even at super high volumes. THEY GET FREAKIN LOUD! On to the tweets. The tweets are the best part. I have the tweets mounted in the door approximate 5.5 inches above the mid swiveled up towards the ears. They are so crystal clear and yet are not harsh at all. I do have the xo's set at -3db. I was worried being metal dome tweets but do not. These tweets are on par with some of the Focal tweets I have heard. I **** at reviews but all I can say is for under $250 I personally cannot imagine any set of speakers sounding outright better than these. Super impressed with them.

BA GT-2200 review- This amp is a powerhouse ( 200 x 2 rms ). It's big and heavy so if space is an issue you may want to look elsewhere. It's a beautiful amp imo. I was talked into going with a amp that puts out more power than I need for headroom and I'm glad I did. This amp puts out clean power and sounds awesome. It's hard to say if the amp is making the speakers sound better but all I can say is this combo rocks! The amp runs cool and does not distort my speakers AT ALL even at super high volumes. I can get way more out of it if I wanted but no need to at all.

Overall I would say if your on a budget or hell even if your not consider both of these products. I got both for right around $410 shipped. Can't wait to see how good my system sounds when I add subs. Sorry for the crap review but that's all I got lol

2. Thanks SicAudio thanked for this post
    Likes SicAudio liked this post

SicAudio is offline did you fart dude?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: JBL MS-62C paired with Boston Acoutics GT-2200 AMAZING!!!

just bought 2 sets of the same mids and was wondering how much power to throw at them to keep up with 2 SD X series 12's on 3k... so I will go with at least 150 rms

Quote Originally Posted by slammedincouch View Post
    Sic rolled me in front of my mom earlier...
    Quote Originally Posted by misfit138 View Post
    How did you manage to pack that much stupid into such a small amount of words?
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    I got rick rolled by SicAudio lulz
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    I just got rick rolled by SicAudio again lulz.
    Quote Originally Posted by chickaboom View Post
    awww.... dude! I can't believe you were the first! to rick roll me! I am a noob!
    sold to: Johnny Law.Lulz/Worstenemy453,Pumkinman, j1b1e1, DexterMoped, miyagi gboo559,CSU87,nate2587, MichaelLane, SmLLySack. MR_Imperial, Herrrerra, ltr450racer690, 05fronty bought from: TripleB45, bigwheel15, (kroid77 but never recieved..)
    helping noobs daily PM me

Bass Face84 is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Re: JBL MS-62C paired with Boston Acoutics GT-2200 AMAZING!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SicAudio View Post
    just bought 2 sets of the same mids and was wondering how much power to throw at them to keep up with 2 SD X series 12's on 3k... so I will go with at least 150 rms
    The set is rated at 80 rms but I am probably throwing about 150-160 rms per side at them with where my gains are set. I have now have them high passed at 80hz. You should be fine just be careful

5. Thanks SicAudio thanked for this post
+ Reply to Thread