Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Kudos JL Audio on their 6W3v3

DARKHART is offline One Hitter Quitter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Kudos JL Audio on their 6W3v3

JL Audio 6W3v3

It's been a loooong time since I've had a chance to play with any of the JL subs, not since the early 90's when I worked at ProAudio in fact. Well recently I aquired a pair of their 6W3v3 six inch subs on trade from one of my long time customers. Up to this point the only small 5-6 inch subs I have heard were a pair of the Focal's several years back in a competition car at a show and honestly I was not impressed at all and had basically written off this style of driver all together. Well long story short, my wife has been dropping not so subtle hints on me to put a small system into her Durango so I said why not. I installed a pair of JBL 6.5 coax in the front and rear doors powered off Kenwoods KDC-BT752HD and I put the JL's in a small slot ported box that after port and driver displacement was .43 cuft, this was then wired to 8ohms mono on a Sundown 125.2 amp. Again I must say KUDOS JL cause these little suckers are NICE!!!! The bass was solid and tight when needed, strong and boomy when I wanted it to be. The sound quality was excellent and I was very impressed with just how musical these subs were. I listen to a wide range of music and these little subs played everything I threw at them with authority. I started out with Chuck Loeb's Mediterranean album then went to Metallica some Tech N9ne and finished off with Charlie Wilson's new album and the 6W3v3 just kept me grinning all the way. Now they aren't gonna win any spl contests but then they also weren't designed too either but for what they were they still gave plenty of volume and was perfect for the application I used them in.
    If you're looking for something that's not gonna take up a lot of room and still hit fairly hard while sounding musical at the same time then these should definantly be considered as an option..

Rick

Just when they though it couldn't get any worse, in came the Lord of Kaos, the Darkhart has arisen from his century long slumber..
    NJack2AF
    .............Jameseypoo
    Randyrsx ..........Bagdntagd
    M3Transporter......Teggybwoy
    RJ Sclafani...........Zeuslicious
    Saltyreefguy........Qkassidyw
    Qtrhorse..............Nismos14
    Pistonsfan70........4nine
    SlainNothing.........Orangelss
    M3@Apex............Louisiana_CRX
    SW9152..............DukeNut

DDtC is online now High Output SQ

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)

Re: Kudos JL Audio on their 6W3v3

I buddy put a set of these in his kicks sealed up for mid bass duties. He was pretty impressed but he didnt have much to compare them to. JL does SQ very well considering the price point in comparison.

• 2010 Scion tC
    • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
    • JL 450/4v2 Active (Mid range, tweeters) JL 300/2v2 (Mid bass) DD M4(Subs)
    • Hertz HV 165XL
    • Hertz HT28
    • JL ZR800
    • 2 x DD 9512i
    • Singer 300 amp 15.1v bypass, 3 XS D3400s
    • Viper 5701 with Smart Start

Closed Thread