Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Reload Thread: 2 American Bass XFL 1244 & Phantom 4000 MD

Syntaxx7x is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: 2 American Bass XFL 1244 & Phantom 4000 MD

So I finished the trunk with the deadener... and now my roof and bumber are annoying me... Anyways... I finally measured my box.. and it comes out to this.. 2.88 sq ft box.. or 1.44 in two separate sealed chambers.. so I guess my "custom" box is way off spec.. I have sound equipment and I know it's supposed to sound better than what it is.. Just kinda ticked that this "Installer" charged me $1500 and I read that it's so far off spec it's a joke.

Waiting on Star mountain to hit me back but he's been busy.. so I'ma attempt to build my own box.. Gonna do a test run with 5/8" particle board 1st to see how i'm going to get it to fit in the trunk.. Thinking about firing the subs up and the port back.. Any suggestions? I know 4.2 ^3 net is they way to go.. so I'ma try to get it the closest I can to that.. Does it really matter where I position my amp?? I know it needs some air flow.. cause it gets hot...

Do you think it would be a prob with the subs firing up and the port facing the trunk??

alec14 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Syntaxx7x View Post
    So I finished the trunk with the deadener... and now my roof and bumber are annoying me... Anyways... I finally measured my box.. and it comes out to this.. 2.88 sq ft box.. or 1.44 in two separate sealed chambers.. so I guess my "custom" box is way off spec.. I have sound equipment and I know it's supposed to sound better than what it is.. Just kinda ticked that this "Installer" charged me $1500 and I read that it's so far off spec it's a joke.

Waiting on Star mountain to hit me back but he's been busy.. so I'ma attempt to build my own box.. Gonna do a test run with 5/8" particle board 1st to see how i'm going to get it to fit in the trunk.. Thinking about firing the subs up and the port back.. Any suggestions? I know 4.2 ^3 net is they way to go.. so I'ma try to get it the closest I can to that.. Does it really matter where I position my amp?? I know it needs some air flow.. cause it gets hot...

Do you think it would be a prob with the subs firing up and the port facing the trunk??
    No, that would work. If that's what you want

Bought from: flastrongman, nitefury 360, luckyderder, Jayzbent, fasfocus00, flaboy22, oldschool4me, Chevy Blazin', Inter007, dross93ranger, 04murdalanche, glitchsta, photocrazy8

Traded with: mylows10 Sold to/traded with: garychoffman, juanmgarza, 04murdalanche, Markyg66, basswiigee, btolenti, supereikenator, shauncox26, eg9(x2), big scott, bad @SS chevy

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/itrader.php?u=1018999

mylows10 is offline Dc,tantric,singer,phd rep mylows10 is a Supporting Member of the forum!

mylows10 is a Supporting Vendor of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    481 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Syntaxx7x View Post

what car ?

pioneer avhx 5500 dvd, gzpa 1.4000 x 2
    ab vfl 350.4 ,7 pc 2150 and a 150 ah power ware agm ,275 amp singer alt , 2nd one coming soon
    cdt 6.5 es 6 im mids,cdt es 010 tweets,es 02 mids ,mx1000 3 way x overs , sky high and stinger hpm o gauge wires ,also 2 tantric hdd 15's in a 9.5. ^3 ported no wall box 11.5 octo port.
    NOR CAL DB DRAG JUDGE
    http://www.dcsoundlab.com

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2010 Camaro

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

thread is dead... so is my car..
    Totaled by a hit and run. even box was crushed a little. Got subs and amp out though.

'97 Honda Civic

2 12" American Bass XFL 1244
    1 American Bass Phantom 4000MD
    JVC Head

voughtrod is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Wanna sell the equipment? I have been strongly considering their products

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

nah.. I bought a used Honda the next day. built a box.. (measured the trunk so it could fit.. and forgot to make sure it could get in the opening.)
    so it's in my back seat 4.2 ft^3. Sounded way better than the other box I had it in. So i'm keeping it.

'97 Honda Civic

2 12" American Bass XFL 1244
    1 American Bass Phantom 4000MD
    JVC Head

des343 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

[QUOTE=quackhead;8153924]looks like 4gnv

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5