Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Hertz Audio High Energy HSK165 vs Focal 165 KPS

kevin lu is offline 727south

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hertz Audio High Energy HSK165 vs Focal 165 KPS

I need a good set of component around $400 to $500 and this 2 sets fall on my price range, do anyone knows anything about them? thanks for help.

Trancer is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Re: Hertz Audio High Energy HSK165 vs Focal 165 KPS

Thats a good question. Id like to know the answer to that too. I have the Focal's in my truck and installed the Hertz in a boat so I cant give you my opinion since its like comparing an install in a house and an install on a soundboard at Best Buy.

I can tell you this. The board members on here blow their wadd on the Hertz line up. Probably for a good reason too.

Focal has good midrange, but not so great midbass unless you get the Access Line

07 black Yamaha V-Star FI 1300. 08 GMC Sierra QC SLE2 Texas Edition
    Rockford Fosgate 3Sixty.1, Focal Utopia Components, Focal K2P Components with Digital Designs T1 Tweeters, Audiopipe AQX-360.4, Audiopipe 3001D
    References: 21: DesertHeat, Ravens9322, Netherland24, Insomniac119, killahbean, Charlieee, Dustin19, djman37, dirthog, JayRich, JimJ, RassyMX, Slayerx, smgreen20, lyttleviet, RAM_Designs, Gingerbreadman, DarkHart, cwill5, Imtjnotu, Bettr n' Revrse

Quote Originally Posted by GeekSquad View Post
    Make the port as large and as round as possible. For example, a square port is more round than a rectangular one; an octogonal port is more round than a square port. Also, keep the number of ports down to one, if possible.

ThomasMaier is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Hertz Audio High Energy HSK165 vs Focal 165 KPS

I used to have the focal 165 kps in my old car, and I have hertz in my sisters car. I find the highs are better on focal speakers while hertz your going to find more mid-bass to them. one thing you will have to know is no matter what series of focal speakers there all very "bright" speakers so there are some people who dont like them. I personally love them but i also have a set of focal 165 kbe behind my rear seats to fill in some more of the mid-bass now. To tell you the truth both are awsome speakers and try to listen to both before you buy.

2011 Volkswagen Jetta
    Pioneer deh-800prs
    Focal 165 KRX2
    Focal 165 KR2
    Audison LRX 4.5
    Audison LRX 1.2k
    Boston Acoustics G510-44 x 3 w/ passive rads

4. Likes Raysclim liked this post
Closed Thread