Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Thunder 9500

biggen_bd is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thunder 9500

I have two (single 4 ohm) 15" MTX Thunder 9500 series subwoofers. First of all they are just flat out insane! I have each of them in their own ported box and with 600 watts into each and they are moving around 1-1.5" inches out of the 4" that they do move. They are the deepest and loudest subs I have ever heard. They are almost as clean as eclipse aluminum subs, but with the thump of a serious spl woofer. I am in awe from this sub. Each sub handles 1000 watts rms and 2000 watts max. These statistics are way underrated. Next week I am going to be giving each between 1200 and 1600 watts rms each. I haven't had them metered yet because I want to wait until I get the both of my Thunder 1501D amplifiers hooked up. The second reason is that I am going to be getting the dual 4 ohm version of these subs. After I put the new subs in and get the amps hooked up I will have it metered and I will be sure to post what the system hits. If you have any questions in particular feel free to ask.

biggen_bd

Sub stage: 1 10" Custom REVO
    Amp: SAZ-1500D
    Highs: Bose
    ----------------------------
    F/S 2 12" 2005 RE XXX's D2 & 1 BNIB Factory Custom Audiopulse Revo (w/ Eclipse Ti cone) & 1 MINT used Factory Custom Audiopulse Revo (w/ Eclipse Ti cone)

refs. TheLow, Zeuslicious, tapout, JCivicHb, kowboy, k/t pimp, eglish, Rashaddd, cd6551, Ledoux289, ax600, 09Alti, audio_phill, PioneerSPL1990, TBH1

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Thunder 9500

Alright, I have had the dual 4 ohm version of the Thunder 9515 subs installed in my truck. Each sub has an MTX 1501D amp powering it. The subs are in a custom built box that was made especially for these drivers. I turned the amps down so that each sub was recieving around 1200 watts. I had the system metered and the lowest it has hit was 150 dB and the highest so far has been 154 dB. I am plannning on redesigning the enclosure to get maximum output, spl wise, and then I will have full power from each amp running to each sub. Once I have this completed I will post what kind of numbers the system is putting out.

Again, if there is any questions feel free to ask.

-biggen

F/S 2 12" 2005 RE XXX's D2 & 1 BNIB Factory Custom Audiopulse Revo (w/ Eclipse Ti cone) & 1 MINT used Factory Custom Audiopulse Revo (w/ Eclipse Ti cone)

refs. TheLow, Zeuslicious, tapout, JCivicHb, kowboy, k/t pimp, eglish, Rashaddd, cd6551, Ledoux289, ax600, 09Alti, audio_phill, PioneerSPL1990, TBH1

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Thunder 9500

Okay, I have built a custom spl box for the 9500's. The statistics for the box I recieved directly from an MTX tech. These boxes are MASSIVE!!! These boxes (and stats.) were built predominatly for spl, however there is still some sq, but the system is geared majorly towards spl. Before displacement was figured in each box was 8^3 ft ported. I took this "new" setup to a USAC comp. in MO and metered out at 158.3 dB.

Closed Thread