Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Pioneer, PPI, Rainbow, PG, dBDrive, and more!

danz24 is offline Why so serious?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Pioneer, PPI, Rainbow, PG, dBDrive, and more!

After months of no music and buying and selling I finally got sound!! I would have to say its worth it. Got new stereo, cd changers, ipod adapter, wiring, and of course new speakers. Everything is new to me except the sub and sub amp.

HU - Pioneer 880PRS
    Highs - Rainbow Cal 25 powered by PPI art a300.2 3.15@18db/oct
    Mids - Rainbow Vanadium Kick powered by PG xenon 200.2 HPF 80 12db/oct and LPF 3.15@6db/oct
    Sub - db drive platinum 12in powered by arc audio 900.1D HPF 63/12db/oct

Pics are coming up soon, dont expect a super cool install though. Im not that experienced in installing so if it look bad my excuse is that its my learners car. My old components was the RE component set.

Review:

HU- Nice piece of eqiupment. I grouned it to the chasis of my car and had the NO buzzing or whining noise. I always had this background distortion in my previous system, but the problem was it was grounded in the dash. I didnt do that ground the actual HU thing and its not necessary in my case since i dont have any problems. HU itself is amazing since im using it to run active and looks very high end. You can even time align the tweeters mids and subs seperatly. Auto TA is pretty good, sadly for me it sounds better than the EQ I set up. Only gripe is that there is that annoying beep sound for every option and I can turn off. Ipod interface is kinda slow IMHO, especially if you have +9gigs on your interface and you need to look somewhere in the middle of the menu.

Cal 25 - This is powered by ppi art a300.2, getting at least 75rms. Probably the cleanest and best built amplifer ever. First impression of the tweeters was that they are very sharp, clean, clear sounding, it gets very loud but most likely has the potential to get louder because the gains are all the way down. Don't see any point in turning the gain up and making these any louder. Even at almost full volume I didnt hear distortion. Honestly I was listeining to using the song "sandstorm" and I was scared at how the song was. It was so detailed and sharp and just powerful. Never heard a sound system like this before. Everyhting just blends so well. People arent joking when they say its detailed. Its very good off-axis as well, I guess its more forgiving at odd angles.

Vanadium Kick - I have to admit I wasnt impressed at first..Before we jump to conclusion I have to say I dissapointed for only the first 2 hours of listening. That was because it was cold outside, and I didnt listen to it loud for a long time. So this can probably be due to the suspension not loosening up or something. Anyway, I got about 5-6 more hours into it and played it louder and harder. The excursion was probaly at most 1cm. The kick IS there, I can feel it slightly in my chest. One point to note it that my dash dosent vibrate like it did in my old comps, probaly because I added a speaker pad and put more deadedning around the speaker. Again I have not heard this speaker distort yet, and its playing louder and cleaner more effortlessly compared to my old set. It actually some of the vocals pretty clean too. Impressive for a mid. This speaker is no joke so far, and its lauhing at the 220rms im feeding it to (rms is 150). So far it actually feels like I can add more power to it, i'll try turning the gain up because my gains may be too low. Either needs break-in time, more power, or higher gains.

Sub - I had the sub before. If you dont know db drive let me tell you its a pretty loud woofer. I cant really compare this to any other single 12in because my other friends who have systems have like two 15s and 2k+ of power so of course im no match basswise. Everyone that has heard the sub was impressed, no dissaspointments, from people and shops alike.

let me know ur opionons, feedback, suggestios, flaming or anything that comes to mind. I dont mind flaming, I would probably learn more by critism than compliments. Thanks for the people that I have purchased products from, I have not been dissapointed with any of the things I bought.

PatFitz9 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: danz24's cool new system (running the Rainbows)

if you're happy, thats all that counts but it looks like a good set-up. those art amps are slick

refs...
    twoohfour, PRIVATEpastry, hellomota, DBfan187, etznova, iamamp3pimp, btnhfan, XylerB, Digital B, Showrides, Thunder9500, Termlab, fawd06, PepsiFiend69, bholtmeier, Megalomaniac, bjfish11, j3bus2k3, probmxstyle, brigante, massiveaudiocw, JoeHemi57, BigRed98Ram, inapontiac, CFaber, VarsityBumper, 3.5Max6spd, Geezerpoop, phatcat600, Pimpdaddyq, XaznKewLguyX, ABSOLUTEAUDIO, lslugz, mgbcs, TeZ, mazdakid, Reson8, LaserRed38

jmanpc is offline CA.com Nostalgist.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

threads like this require pics

2007 Red Ford Focus ZX4 SE
    - Clarion DXZ955MC -
    - MB Quart RSD216 - 2 MB Quart RWE-354 in 4 cubic feet sealed -
    - MB Quart DSC4125 - Audiopipe AP1500.1D - Optima Blue Top -

Team High Sexage

phyphoestilic is offline Liquid Fire...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jmanpc View Post
    threads like this require pics
    x1235355235153

Lexus LS400 Setup
    Eclipse CD7000 (Running Active)
    Image Dynamic OEM CX64s
    Image Dynamics NX30 Tweeters
    US Acoustic USF600 x2, USF800 x2 (Zed Audio )
    150ft+ of Rammat
    IDMax12 1.5cft. I need to cut for IB
    25 feet 1/0 Stinger Expert, 15 feet 4 Stinger Pro
    Stinger Dream Series, Knu Konceptz Krystal Series RCAs

Ref: (Bought From)Renegadesrun, IonSQL, CrazyJoker2, Alpine CDA-9815 , FI Car Audio, yournumber1dan , B_Campbell, jacobcopeland87, mike dressure x2, James_Bang, blue200sx
    (Traded w/) Iceteebone, sxkicker89
    (Sold To): James_Bang, timbo12, gsxrjjordan
    Ebay: PhyPhoestilic (100%)

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well here are the pics, it seems like people here care only about pics rather than words? Anyway the grills are off on the mids for now, for movie taking purposes. I will find some grills to cover the hole up. I was testing the system today and trying to set the gains by ear. I was a little cautious when testing the vanadium kick. I have a PG xenon 200.2 and the gains were about halfway. The kick is incredible. Its very very clean and the speaker shows no sign of stress while doing it. Luckily my door is deadened so not much rattling on the doors. You can really feel a snappy beat in your chest tho. I don't hear distortion but I dont want to put the gains more than halfway in fear of blowing up the speaker. I can post a video of the mids in action but I didn't know how to upload videos
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pioneer, PPI, Rainbow, PG, dBDrive, and more!-sspx0130.jpg   Pioneer, PPI, Rainbow, PG, dBDrive, and more!-sspx0131.jpg   Pioneer, PPI, Rainbow, PG, dBDrive, and more!-sspx0141.jpg   Pioneer, PPI, Rainbow, PG, dBDrive, and more!-sspx0039.jpg   Pioneer, PPI, Rainbow, PG, dBDrive, and more!-sspx0009.jpg  

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

no comments..

ItalynStylion is offline Audiophile

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Looks nice, what car is it all in?

Quote Originally Posted by qtipextra View Post
    is 2 12's overkill for HT?
    Quote Originally Posted by JimJ View Post
    It's a start.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

its a cavalier

baseballer1100 is offline My life be like....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

nice.

References:
    Caraudio.com
    Luckyt,Hotown,Thunder9500,Vladd,Mikeyb,kngoftheprk nglot, cd6551(x3),bolognabake,dalucifer,phrozen5100, frito,bring97, avs20,Resonant18,djman37,Showrides,Fi car audio(X2),jeeper07(x2),pimpedout97x,matrxx dude(x3),flakko(x2),mega1268,powernaudio,iamamp3pi mp.bamaboy,Daishi(x3).angrytrucker78,impalafan95.n etherland, down,blue200sx(x2),QtrHorseThecybe,jiggy2dmax,stc1 709,musclehead,NDMstang65v2,alxmlr789
    Carstereos.org
    Wackii,BrownNoiseBob
    Explorer4x4.com
    Fordexplorer157
    Mp3car.com
    StLB5,Coolskys05
    I know there is more ill try to find them.

Towncar is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Why so many different brands of amps?

Quote Originally Posted by Terranova View Post
    The gain is set around 750 right now. I need to get together with my buddy and plug his stethoscope in to set it to 1000.
    Quote Originally Posted by infamous_e46 View Post
    Start fcking one of the guys in the *** to make her jealous

jdc753 is offline Truck Brigade

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by danz24 View Post
    ... I can post a video of the mids in action but I didn't know how to upload videos
    Get a photobucket account and you can upload them there then just put the URL as an image in your post and it should come right up. Its pretty straight foward.

Glad to hear you enjoy the system, and awaiting vids

2005 F350 crew cab diesel 4x4
    -Work in Progress-
    HU: Alpine 9887 linked to 10.4" TS TruckPC
    Front Stage: Polk SR6500 Active
    Front Amp: Sundown Sax100.4
    Sub: Stereo Integrity Magnum V4 in the center console
    Sub amp: Sundown Saz-1500D

Refs: low_end, Relax, SSon22s, Johnson, tyroneshoes, twisztdpunisher, flakko, djhn9, KINGDELL91, amoffitt, Justin89T, 01 S 10, Mazzasec

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

OK i'll figure this photobucket out and post the vids soon.

And I dont really care for matching amps which is why I have different brands.

Towncar is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by danz24 View Post

And I dont really care for matching amps which is why I have different brands.
    ic

Quote Originally Posted by Terranova View Post
    The gain is set around 750 right now. I need to get together with my buddy and plug his stethoscope in to set it to 1000.
    Quote Originally Posted by infamous_e46 View Post
    Start fcking one of the guys in the *** to make her jealous

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Here is the video as promised. There is a problem with the audio that I couldnt figure out. It also stops too short. Don't know whats wrong with it if anyone can help me out.

I will make a vid of my sub in action (12in db drive platinum) if interest shows..

Closed Thread