Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Pioneer TS-D691r 6x9

Grmanalishi is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Pioneer TS-D691r 6x9

Someone recommended these to me at another forum and I read some real good reviews at a few websites. I never saw a Pioneer speaker like this. It's built really well and a huge magnet surrounded in rubber (had trouble hitting the trunk crossbar during installation). The cone material looks like the same material/construction used in the Polk MOMO series. They are powerful and I had to turn my gain on my amp up a little bit to get something out of them (for my Infinity 9613i 6x9s I didn't have to touch the gain). I was disappointed because the highs just didn't stand out enough (ie. I like the voices to stand out above the rest just a little and that wasn't the case here) whereas the 9613i were too sharp. Besides that the balance was really good and so was the bass. It's the first 6x9 I could actually feel the bass from the front seat. If the highs stood out a tad more I would have kept them. I was using an MTX 50W RMS/channel amp to push them. Got them at CC Electronics Superstore for $89 (as opposed to the $200 price at Crutchfield). They accepted my return and gave me a refund.

Dual cone woofer (layers of ceramic-coated Kevlar and Kevlar-reinforced foamed IMPP) with rubber surround
    Polyester fiber dome tweeter
    Power range: 2-80 watts RMS
    Peak power handling: 350 watts
    Last edited by Grmanalishi; 11-01-2006 at 02:35 PM.

Closed Thread