Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Soundsplinter RL-p 12"

jacka is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Soundsplinter RL-p 12"

Out of the box, I was pretty impressed by the build of these subwoofers. The surround seems a bit vulnerable so you'd have to be careful not to poke holes through it, perhaps get a grill of some sort. These thing's are massive.. 30+ lbs each making my final box weight around 125 lbs. I dropped these things in a sealed box with 1.5 net cubic ft. per driver. The voice coils were very easy to work with. The box was braced on the inside and the baffle is an inch thick to ensure a rigid box. The drivers were also flush mounted. Alright so it took a good 20 minutes or so to move around and stuff into my trunk; I don't even know if it's even possible to take the box out now, but I could care less. Hooked these babies up and immediately went for a test drive. The sound is very full. These subs don't miss a beat and they can take quick bass very well. The SQ is amazing IMO as they do a very good job of blending in with my front stage, although the front has a bit of a hard time keeping up output-wise. With my Diamond D6's I felt that a few frequencies were outperforming others. Some notes would be loud and some notes would not make their presence felt. With the RL-p, I can hear and notice everything. The SQ isn't a world of a difference against the D6, but it's pretty noticeable to my ears. The D6 did not get as low as I wanted and the RL-p's had no problem getting low. I like the RL-p's better. As for SPL/output, keep in mind that for some reason it is hard to get good SPL in my cabin. Yes it's a trunk car, 1998 passat, however the seats must be insulated really well. Hah, anyways.. These subs hurt my heart man. The output beats out the D6 12" (I had them sealed also), and I'm only using a D6 1000.1 to power it. They shake the crap outta my car, but it is very clean sounding bass. The trunk rattles ridiculously from the outside and that's with 50 sq ft. of Damplifier in the trunk alone. I am very satisfied with these subwoofers and I feel that they are something I can get used to for as long as they can last . I don't feel that I paid too much for these subwoofers, I think the price is justified by it's performance. That's pretty much it guys, if you still have questions just let me know.
    Last edited by jacka; 08-14-2006 at 02:32 PM.

Closed Thread