Closed Thread

Reload Thread: the tempest........ that i WAS afraid of!!

adio is offline THE STEREOTYPE FIGHTER!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

the tempest........ that i WAS afraid of!!

pics comin soon, so get off my deek in advance

i got this box, right.
    designed by PV, built by pat, tested by adio

it's (insert title here) and its being powered by my 350 watt plate amp. the box is about 8.2 - 8.5 cu ft before sub and braces. i can't believe how big this box is

first of all, i pulled up to (pwnt by) pats crib last night in my sisters station wagon. the box was sittin in his garage and when i saw it i was like OMG. ask pat, i literally laughed and chuckled the whole time i was there, commenting on big this fuqer is. kids, i tell you, this motherfunker is the size of a filing cabinet. it's solid as hell too. both of us had to carry it to the car and put it inside. i'm not even gonna guess how much it weighs!!

it took me and hour and some change to get it up to m apartment. i dropped the box twice tryna get it up here ( i 0wn PV in this, he had to take his box up to his bedroom; i had to take mine from from the car, take it through 2 doors unto the elevator and then drag it around my livingroom!!!)

the box is plain 3/4 mdf with braces inside and ported to around 18 - 18.5 hz. i was playing with it last night and i wasn't impressed. listened it to it now and i'm like gatdamm!!!!!!!!!! the volume is up 1/2 way on the plate amp and the volume on the stereo is at 10 ( left and right speakers are set to +4 and sub is at +10). i don't think i'll ever have to turn the stereo up past 12 for music. it's kick as5 now at 10. ill try some movies inna few minutes.

songs tested so far:
    ludacris-go_to_sleep_(instrumental) (never play this loud in your crib if someone is home with you or in ur apartment!!)
    link- i really wanna
    t-pain- Im In Love With A Stripper

dj rogers- doggy style (above the rim sndtrck)
    dwele- What you want me to do (the goodness)
    h-town- Don't Hold Back The Rain
    snoop- ghetto symphony (instrumental)

ginuwine- only when your lonely (screwd and chopped)
    too short- ******* betty and nobody does it better (because these songs are a little older, you'll have to turn them up some more)
    r. kelly- baby, baby

public enemy- yo, bumrush the show (bangs for a 20 yr old song!)
    project pat-- ohhh nuthin (i'm not worthy!! and neither are y'all )
    too short- life is too short (bangs, but turn it up a little)

Lil John and The Eastside Boys- ooh na na naa naa( )

pros:
    i hear every bass note. the only thing that might limit that is winamp only goes down to 60hz ( usin their EQ). i'll try windows media player in a little while. and i don't have a stand alone cd player, so all my music is compressed, therefore, no absolute pure sound

it's loud. i'll never have to turn it up past 12 on the stereo. any louder i'llhave to turn the volume down on the plate amp

it's a tempest

cons:
    this box is big as fukc!!! its an eyesore really. i didn't think it would take up so much space in my livingroom. the only way to remdy it is to get rid of some stuff in the livingroom to give you more space.
    heavy as hell too. really heavy

refs= springy101 <-- ultimate buyer, jmanpc(sold stereo), pwnt by pat <---the ultimate installer, PV audio and ionsql(box designs), toxic tuan (crystal comps), hazardous0388 (8" TB's), backthepack(jbl1200.1), bamavoo (sold profile ap1000M), rashadd (box plans in time of need), bassaddictj (jl xr mids), louisiana_crx(traded amps for DD comps), revrider1 (traded tc sub for RE sub and amp), jcldallas24 (bought jbl 1200.1), boomsday (2.3 cu ft tuned to 32hz), UMWDawg92 (sold kenwood stereo)
    fuq with adio, get your money/product that completely works........GUARANTEED!!!!!!!

adio is offline THE STEREOTYPE FIGHTER!!!

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: the tempest........ that i WAS afraid of!!

movies are great, this tempest fills the job on that end. i just got done playing 'bottomless beat' by bass mekanik and the bass between 1min 15sec and 1min 27sec kick ***!!!!!!!!!!!! omg. i wish i new what frequncy that was. i iwish i had a tone generator, butr everytime i install it, i says 'you're 30 day trial has ended'

Last edited by adio; 06-16-2006 at 01:00 AM.

refs= springy101 <-- ultimate buyer, jmanpc(sold stereo), pwnt by pat <---the ultimate installer, PV audio and ionsql(box designs), toxic tuan (crystal comps), hazardous0388 (8" TB's), backthepack(jbl1200.1), bamavoo (sold profile ap1000M), rashadd (box plans in time of need), bassaddictj (jl xr mids), louisiana_crx(traded amps for DD comps), revrider1 (traded tc sub for RE sub and amp), jcldallas24 (bought jbl 1200.1), boomsday (2.3 cu ft tuned to 32hz), UMWDawg92 (sold kenwood stereo)
    fuq with adio, get your money/product that completely works........GUARANTEED!!!!!!!

Closed Thread