0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

R&T/Obcon 10" Sealed Enclosure

Purchased from Parts Express: Link

Description:
    R&T Enterprises goes beyond industry “standards” to create a whole new category of premium speaker enclosure, the Extreme Series. The use of precision CNC cut 1” Medite MDF and a two part gluing and caulking process means that you get the strongest, tightest, most rock-solid box around. High quality plush black polyester carpet and audiophile-grade gold input terminals put the finishing touch on these acoustically superior boxes. Dimensions: 13.5” H x 15.5” W x 12” D. Weight: 29 lbs.

* 1” MDF enclosure
    * All joints glued and caulked
    * Black carpet covering
    * Gold terminal posts
    * 0.75 Cubic ft. internal volume

Impressions:
    I can't say enough about this product. I paid $71 shipped, received it in TWO days and I feel it was worth every penny. This is an extremely well built box, precisely cut and well hidden carpet seams. You can tell they take pride in building these boxes as evidenced with the excessive caulking of the seams and the shipping packaging. The speaker terminals are gold plated screw type binding posts.

What I'm most impressed with is the manufacturer (R&T/Obcon) themselves. I had been looking at their enclosures for a while trying to find the cheapest price. Many sites I found did not list any information about the thickness or type of material, nor did they list the volume. I decided to call them to find out what I could. I spoke with one of their salesmen who was EXTREMELY knowledgable, helpful and friendly. The gentleman spoke with me for about 10 minutes and offered advice for damping, deflection, and installation.

Also, I should note that this particular 1" box is made specifically for Parts Express. Obcon does make an identical box, with aluminum plating on the sides, for sale from them directly. If you are thinking about purchasing a box please consider them and don't hesitate to give them a call with any questions. I doubt you'll be dissapointed.
    Last edited by manstretch; 01-11-2006 at 11:20 PM.

Closed Thread