Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

Re: Big TC Motor!

Quote Originally Posted by Imtjnotu View Post
    Picture looks like Phil's old beauty.

I already sold one of the protos and I'm keeping the other.

Quote Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
    Saying "clipping doesn't kill speakers" is a half-truth at best. Technically no, clipping itself does not hurt the speaker. But in clipping your amp, you can easily create a situation that WILL kill the speaker. Was the squared waveform the DIRECT cause of the failure? No. In the end, the answer is, always has been, and can only be... heat kills speakers. BUT, clipping increases heat generation, sometimes by a drastic amount. So to start a thread simply to state that clipping does not hurt speakers is, again, a half-truth at best.

audio_phill is offline Walking TSP Encyclopedia

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ciaonzo View Post
    Picture looks like Phil's old beauty.

I already sold one of the protos and I'm keeping the other.

I still have that one, and lucked into a similar 15, best score so far has to be my pair of rlp 18d2's though (for me at least) best musicality I have found for my ht thats still capable of subharmonic extension.

Any partial trades on this motor?

Bought From: Funky Waves, Realbeach, Farmacist Louisiana_CRX, Lingerfelt, ciaonzo, SPY (X2), tristanmay, bigbassjoel, Sound_Around, tristanmay

Sold To: alfabit1, Sound_Around, jonalford2087, woodels420, pangullo, chico305, ciaonzo, darkkon, faessle, UNDERGROUND_BUM, JCJR, adrian1185, fast306stang, tristanmay, biggen_bd, mwerling1212, ntfish, nate56

Traded With: HiloDB1, ciaonzo, tristanmay, Jh8909, fritosaregood, eCrack.net

ciaonzo is online now TheContinental

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by audio_phill View Post
    I still have that one, and lucked into a similar 15, best score so far has to be my pair of rlp 18d2's though (for me at least) best musicality I have found for my ht thats still capable of subharmonic extension.

Any partial trades on this motor?
    Looking for cash on this one, thanks Phil.

Saying "clipping doesn't kill speakers" is a half-truth at best. Technically no, clipping itself does not hurt the speaker. But in clipping your amp, you can easily create a situation that WILL kill the speaker. Was the squared waveform the DIRECT cause of the failure? No. In the end, the answer is, always has been, and can only be... heat kills speakers. BUT, clipping increases heat generation, sometimes by a drastic amount. So to start a thread simply to state that clipping does not hurt speakers is, again, a half-truth at best.

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Are there threaded holes in topplate or only the sides?

Bought From: Funky Waves, Realbeach, Farmacist Louisiana_CRX, Lingerfelt, ciaonzo, SPY (X2), tristanmay, bigbassjoel, Sound_Around, tristanmay

Sold To: alfabit1, Sound_Around, jonalford2087, woodels420, pangullo, chico305, ciaonzo, darkkon, faessle, UNDERGROUND_BUM, JCJR, adrian1185, fast306stang, tristanmay, biggen_bd, mwerling1212, ntfish, nate56

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by audio_phill View Post
    Are there threaded holes in topplate or only the sides?
    Has nice clean holes on top but no threads. I could tap them with a 10-24 or a 1/4-20 if you like.

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

PM'd!

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

This is pending.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

The heavy mug is sold.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2