Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    549 Post(s)

TC Sounds TC2+ 12"

Item(s) for Sale:

Old school db-500. Probably the best low distortion, bang-for-your-buck driver ever made. Musical with great output capability, only needs 400-600w to do it's thing.

Item(s) Description/Condition:

Used, with light cosmeticals (swirl type scratches but no dents). Mechanically perfect and it sounds sweet. Exact same performance as the EPIC but has a stamped basket instead of cast. Enjoys sealed or vented enclosures.

Double stacked 1" tall ferrite magnets and bored T-yoke for long throw
    135oz top grade magnet structure
    Anti-flux modulation copper shorting ring to lower distortion
    Low carbon steel used for the gap plate and t-yoke
    Pole vent for lower distortion and cooling capabilities
    High excursion 8.5" linear roll poly-cotton spider
    Intergraded woven leads to prevent lead-slap
    2" diameter, 4-layer aluminum wire voice coil with an anodized aluminum former
    Single or dual 3.4Ω (4 ohm nominal) voice coil configuration
    Lightweight brushed and powder coated aluminum cone
    1" wide long throw, highly durable NBR surround
    High quality thermal flexible epoxies to ensure longevity

Qts0.447 Qes0.481 Qms6.347 Fs24Hz Res3.25Ω Ls2.36 Lp3.51 Rp2.91Ω Dia241mm Vas71.5l mms169g cms244um/M bl13.3Tm Spl86dB

Price:

$135 shipped

Shipping and Miscellaneous Item Information:

CONUS only, please.

Item Pictures:

Quote Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
    Saying "clipping doesn't kill speakers" is a half-truth at best. Technically no, clipping itself does not hurt the speaker. But in clipping your amp, you can easily create a situation that WILL kill the speaker. Was the squared waveform the DIRECT cause of the failure? No. In the end, the answer is, always has been, and can only be... heat kills speakers. BUT, clipping increases heat generation, sometimes by a drastic amount. So to start a thread simply to state that clipping does not hurt speakers is, again, a half-truth at best.

ciaonzo is offline TheContinental

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    549 Post(s)

Re: TC Sounds TC2+ 12"

Copper in the motor....

Saying "clipping doesn't kill speakers" is a half-truth at best. Technically no, clipping itself does not hurt the speaker. But in clipping your amp, you can easily create a situation that WILL kill the speaker. Was the squared waveform the DIRECT cause of the failure? No. In the end, the answer is, always has been, and can only be... heat kills speakers. BUT, clipping increases heat generation, sometimes by a drastic amount. So to start a thread simply to state that clipping does not hurt speakers is, again, a half-truth at best.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    549 Post(s)

Snappy.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    549 Post(s)

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    549 Post(s)

Digs deep and snaps back.

logan1516 is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    40 Post(s)

Hey man I'm very interested pm me about this like the specs please.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    549 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by logan1516 View Post
    Hey man I'm very interested pm me about this like the specs please.
    Specs listed in the first post.

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    40 Post(s)

How hard does this thing hit man?

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    549 Post(s)

How hard does this thing hit man?
    More of a sound quality sub with very impressive output if you go with a vented alignment.

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    40 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ciaonzo View Post
    More of a sound quality sub with very impressive output if you go with a vented alignment.
    Would you say it's a good beginner sub then? Cuz this will be my first system.

DoesDad is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    675 Post(s)

Hey. You're kind of local to me. What's your goals for the system? You want it more loud (spl) or sound quality (sq) or maybe a combination of both? And what's your budget for everything? This TC is more a SQ sub but they can pretty loud in a good ported box.

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    40 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DoesDad View Post
    Hey. You're kind of local to me. What's your goals for the system? You want it more loud (spl) or sound quality (sq) or maybe a combination of both? And what's your budget for everything? This TC is more a SQ sub but they can pretty loud in a good ported box.
    I want spl just deep bass my budget is 250. Pm me

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    549 Post(s)

I would say this is among the absolute best for a beginner sub but it is also much better than that. The only difference between this and the current version being sold at PE is the basket, the performance is the same. You will be hard pressed to find another driver that will sound this good while doing what it can do.

I'm also selling a 15" version of this driver but this is what the 8" can do. --> Audiopulse Epic 8" - YouTube

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    40 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ciaonzo View Post
    I would say this is among the absolute best for a beginner sub but it is also much better than that. The only difference between this and the current version being sold at PE is the basket, the performance is the same. You will be hard pressed to find another driver that will sound this good while doing what it can do
    I'm also selling a 15" version of this driver but this is what the 8" can do. --> Audiopulse Epic 8" - YouTube
    . Wow! That 8" it's hard for an 8. How much are you selling the 15"? I want deep bass. I'm on budget though I only is 250 for sub and box..

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    549 Post(s)

. Wow! That 8" it's hard for an 8. How much are you selling the 15"? I want deep bass. I'm on budget though I only is 250 for sub and box..
    It's a bit out of range for your budget but the 15" is in this thread. --> http://www.caraudio.com/forums/subwoofer-classifieds/572641-tc-sounds-15-tc1000-epic-rl-i-tc2.html

The 12" will go plenty deep, all of the drivers in this series do. Each one just gets louder as the cone area increases.

Weigh your options and shoot me a PM if you think it will work for you.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast