Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Subwoofer Enclosure Fabricated by current West Coast Customs Fabricator / Installer

Diamond Dog is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

Icon6 Subwoofer Enclosure Fabricated by current West Coast Customs Fabricator / Installer

Item(s) for Sale:

Subwoofer Enclosure fabricated by current West Coast Customs Fabricator / Installer, with 2 ea. Kicker L5's

Item(s) Description/Condition:

Excellent

Price:

$350.00

Shipping and Miscellaneous Item Information:

This thing is built SOLID out of MDF and is too heavy to ship. I am in Orange County, CA and we would have to meet or if you insisted on freight, you would have to set that up

Item Pictures:
    I am a new user but am 43 years old and have had crazy car audio systems since I was 16! Old School Soundstream, a/d/s, etc. Now that I am old, I am actually OK with today's stock stereos. I though I would never say that. Therefore I have been out of the scene for a while and why I am new to the forum. My user ID on ebay is fkc and I have 100% positive feedback. I have a bunch of stuff I am selling from what will probably be my last custom build

Click on pictures for an enlarged view

Subwoofer Enclosure Fabricated by current West Coast Customs Fabricator /  Installer-boxnote.jpgSubwoofer Enclosure Fabricated by current West Coast Customs Fabricator /  Installer-photo-7-.jpgSubwoofer Enclosure Fabricated by current West Coast Customs Fabricator /  Installer-photo-9-.jpg

This enclosure was made by one of the current fabricator / installers at West Coast Customs who is currently on the TV show. It will work in a lot of larger SUV's. It was designed to go right behind the 2nd row of seats if you have your 3rd row seats removed or right behind the 3rd row seats if you have them in. It has a quick connector as the installer wired the speakers to a hidden "port" in the back of the SUV and this enclosure could be easily unplugged and moved or removed. You can just cut off the connector and hard wire if you should choose to do so.

It houses 2 ea. 10" Kicker Solo Baric L5's. We originally put in L7's, but the L5's were much more efficient and sounded better. The enclosure is sealed. The enclosure is meticulously made and the woofers fire downward and are safe from being damaged. The enclosure is upholstered in Gray Vinyl and Grey Carpet. It is made of MDF and is SOLID. The angle of the back (which backs up against the rear seats in a 2003 Toyota Sequoia) was made perfectly for most SUV's and makes it so the depth of the enclosure takes up less space in the rear of your SUV.

The dimensions are 48" w by 13.3" deep at the base and 9" deep at the top, and 13" tall.

Spec's on the L5's

10" subwoofer with dual 4-ohm voice coils
    SoloKon aluminum-treated composite cone with Santoprene rubber surround
    frequency response: 24-100 Hz
    power range: 50-450 watts RMS (225 watts per coil)
    peak power handling: 900 watts
    sensitivity: 86.5 dB
    top-mount depth: 6-3/16"
    Last edited by Diamond Dog; 12-03-2012 at 02:26 AM.

2. 12-03-2012

Banned

Reason
    post dumping

3. 12-03-2012

CarAudio.com Veteran

Reason
    post dumping

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

Re: Subwoofer Enclosure Fabricated by current West Coast Customs Fabricator / Instal

I guess I don't know what I did wrong to upset you guys. I certainly do not want to do that. If you could tell me the appropriate changes that I need to make in the ad, I will change them

pro-rabbit is offline Moderator pro-rabbit is a Supporting Member of the forum!

pro-rabbit is a Supporting Vendor of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    19 (95%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2522 Post(s)

Re: Subwoofer Enclosure Fabricated by current West Coast Customs Fabricator / Instal

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Dog View Post
    I guess I don't know what I did wrong to upset you guys. I certainly do not want to do that. If you could tell me the appropriate changes that I need to make in the ad, I will change them

Don't worry about those posts. They are just harping on WCC and such. Better to just let it go instead of opening a huge can of worms.

Regardless, good luck with the sale.

kpetree is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    64 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Dog View Post
    They're just haters. GLWS

audiobaun is online now Premium Member audiobaun is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1416 Post(s)

I will contest to the Kicker L5 10in subs..They do get down pretty low,and take a beating..I still have one L5 dvc2ohm 10 left/older silver version..Rated @450 rms, but took a true 600 daily without any issues ea..GLWS

cdc351jeferson is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    693 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by audiobaun View Post
    I will contest to the Kicker L5 10in subs..They do get down pretty low,and take a beating..I still have one L5 dvc2ohm 10 left/older silver version..Rated @450 rms, but took a true 600 daily without any issues ea..GLWS
    GLWS op looks like a good box . 150watts over a subs rated is nothing lol

headunit : Sony xab-601bt
    fronts: infinity kappa 60.9's
    box : Bill Fitzmaurice Truck tuba DD 600series 10"
    amp: Kicker zx500.1
    REFS: Bradfordp2612 , Double 07 , NASTY08IMPALA , mzlady

audiobaun is online now Premium Member audiobaun is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1416 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cdc351jeferson View Post
    GLWS op looks like a good box . 150watts over a subs rated is nothing lol

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

Hoping to get an offer on this if you are in S. Cal. As you can see, some posters feel it is a really good build.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

bump.

This will fit many SUV's (larger ones). NO usage has been put on them since I posted the first post as they have simply been stored.

Make a reasonable offer and I would love to clear up some storage space in my garage

12. 05-05-2013

Banned

Reason
    Post Dump

13. 05-05-2013

Reason
    Post Dump

14. 05-05-2013

Banned

Reason
    Post Dump

Haystak is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

just wanted to say, GREAT price...i just sold a 08 l5 15 in a 4 cu ft ported professionally built box for 150..and my l5 was ready to pop lol but what do you expect when you put a kicker on a sundown 2500 >

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

Sold

Closed Thread