Potent Domain is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: ** pair of boston acoustics g510**

Price drop !!

$500 for both subs, buyer pays shipping!

DoesDad is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Potent Domain View Post
    Price drop !!

$500 for both subs, buyer pays shipping!
    Now you might get somewhere! Glws....

Bostonjlguy is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Still needs to come down more. $500 is too much! Crutchfield prices the pair at $700 new. These are used and crutchfield is expensive as hell. See what they go for on other audio sites.

kushy_dreams is offline The resident hippie

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

As a fellow g5 12 owner, 500 would be reasonable (though a little steep) if they were in mint cond. To the guy who said they don't handle more than rated, you are an idiot, the g5 12s will easily handle 1k of clean power, I'm giving mine 700 ea before rise and I have run a single on over 900rms before rise. The retail prices you guys are seeing are what was left after retailers liquidated stock when the product was discontinued. The 12s used to have an original msrp of $449.99. Then shortly after the G5 was released, Boston released the SPG555 which retailed for $499.99.

13 Dodge Dart Rallye 1.4T

http://mobileaudioforum.com/forum/forum.php<

BOYCOTT SKAR AUDIO! SHADY BUSINESS PRACTICES SHOULD NEVER BE ENCOURAGED!

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Price drop!

$450 plus shipping for both!!

Bostonjlguy is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kushy_dreams View Post
    As a fellow g5 12 owner, 500 would be reasonable (though a little steep) if they were in mint cond. To the guy who said they don't handle more than rated, you are an idiot, the g5 12s will easily handle 1k of clean power, I'm giving mine 700 ea before rise and I have run a single on over 900rms before rise. The retail prices you guys are seeing are what was left after retailers liquidated stock when the product was discontinued. The 12s used to have an original msrp of $449.99. Then shortly after the G5 was released, Boston released the SPG555 which retailed for $499.99.
    You probably think your pushing that power to them, but is your power supply maintaining 14.4 V? I doubt it unless you swapped out your altenator and added Batteries. The G5's Retailed at 399.99 for a 12. My friend owns a stereo shop and was a boston Dealer until they stopped manufacturing. They do not handle much over their recomended rms. I burned out a 12 with an amp that was only pushing 600 watts rms and I used a dmm to set the input sensitivity.

kushy_dreams is offline The resident hippie

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

So if you blew the sub on 600rms, that is most likely before rise, so you blew it on far less power after imp rise.

The 900 before rise was on 13.8-13.9v, so yes it was on pretty solid elec. I have been beating the crap out of my g5s for 3 years now, no saggy spiders and I only get coil smell when my voltage drops on long demos and the amp clips. If you cooked a G5 on < 600rms, you were doing something terribly wrong. Do you want to know how I know this, because normally when you overdrive the voice coils, the fuses will blow, since your fuses didn't blow, you were most likely sending it a clipped signal which slowly built up heat and killed the coil.

I even run my G5s in a box bigger than recommended and have had 0 issues of any sort. I have run 600rms before rise to a g1 12 and it took it no prob, no smelling no nothing, and those are rated for only 200rms, but occasionally I would blow the safety fuse.

This is the last post I will do in this guy's thread, but before I go, I will say that Boston subs are really under rated when it comes to power handling, I speak from real world experience with hours upon hours of testing and building and rebuilding and more testing. How much time do you have testing BA subs and building boxes for them? My guess is none and its obvious in your replys.

glws op

13 Dodge Dart Rallye 1.4T

http://mobileaudioforum.com/forum/forum.php<

BOYCOTT SKAR AUDIO! SHADY BUSINESS PRACTICES SHOULD NEVER BE ENCOURAGED!

Phoenix Risen is online now OG.... Original Ginger

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonjlguy View Post
    You probably think your pushing that power to them, but is your power supply maintaining 14.4 V? I doubt it unless you swapped out your altenator and added Batteries. The G5's Retailed at 399.99 for a 12. My friend owns a stereo shop and was a boston Dealer until they stopped manufacturing. They do not handle much over their recomended rms. I burned out a 12 with an amp that was only pushing 600 watts rms and I used a dmm to set the input sensitivity.
    Quote Originally Posted by kushy_dreams View Post
    So if you blew the sub on 600rms, that is most likely before rise, so you blew it on far less power after imp rise.

The 900 before rise was on 13.8-13.9v, so yes it was on pretty solid elec. I have been beating the crap out of my g5s for 3 years now, no saggy spiders and I only get coil smell when my voltage drops on long demos and the amp clips. If you cooked a G5 on < 600rms, you were doing something terribly wrong. Do you want to know how I know this, because normally when you overdrive the voice coils, the fuses will blow, since your fuses didn't blow, you were most likely sending it a clipped signal which slowly built up heat and killed the coil.

I even run my G5s in a box bigger than recommended and have had 0 issues of any sort. I have run 600rms before rise to a g1 12 and it took it no prob, no smelling no nothing, and those are rated for only 200rms, but occasionally I would blow the safety fuse.

This is the last post I will do in this guy's thread, but before I go, I will say that Boston subs are really under rated when it comes to power handling, I speak from real world experience with hours upon hours of testing and building and rebuilding and more testing. How much time do you have testing BA subs and building boxes for them? My guess is none and its obvious in your replys.

glws op
    shake your dicks this pissing contest is over,

op GLWS

R.I.P. 2008 Hyundai Tiburon GS
    2005 Subaru Baja turbo, build in planing stages.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Price drop!

$350 plus shipping

slayyou is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score