Closed Thread

Reload Thread: 18" RE XXX sub - 2007 ver. Local Pickup Only - Pittsburgh & surrounding areas

BreakingBad is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

18" RE XXX sub - 2007 ver. Local Pickup Only - Pittsburgh & surrounding areas

Item(s) for Sale: RE Audio XXX series 18" sub.

Item(s) Description/Condition:

This item was purchased brand new, not used. It has been in use for roughly ~4 years. For 2 of those years, a 1.5kw amp was pushing the sub, and for the last 2 years a 3kw amp has been pushing it. Never abused, although for my videos it has been 'tested'. This is the 2007 version of the sub. MSRP at the time I purchased it was ~$2100. I have no clue what the current price of a new XXX is, but I am factoring in the age and use of the sub in the final asking price.

I have no pictures, but I do have videos.

To get an idea, here is a stock photo from a retailer's website of what the basket looks like (again, this is the newer version not the older XXX version):

Video 1: RE Audio XXX 18" - 1500w - YouTube
    Video 2: RE Audio XXX 18 - Akon - Smack That - YouTube

There has been no damage to this sub in any form nor has it ever needed repaired - again, I do not abuse my subs.

Price:

Sub WITHOUT box: $500 cash.
    Sub WITH box: $600.

The box is a sealed enclosure, if I remember correctly 5.25 sq ft. I paid close to $400 for a local audio shop to build this enclosure - it's yours for $100.

Shipping and Miscellaneous Item Information:

Due to the extreme size and weight of this sub/sub box combo, this is LOCAL PICKUP ONLY. I am located in PITTSBURGH, but am willing to work with you as far as a meet point is concerned. I will not drive more than 25-30 miles out of the city.

I am selling this only because I am trading my Trailblazer in for a new car. The system works flawlessly and hits extremely low (sealed enclosure). Sound quality is top notch.

Item Pictures: See above videos.

References are in my sig, I have 5 references but I have not completed any recent transactions as I've had a perfect working system for awhile. I am willing to exchange phone numbers to discuss on the telephone. Please do not low ball or throw me other offers, price stands as-is. $500 for a $2100 speaker is an amazing deal knowing how expensive RE products are.

Bettr n' Revrse is offline I do what I want

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    27 (100%)
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Re: 18" RE XXX sub - 2007 ver. Local Pickup Only - Pittsburgh & surrounding areas

Pics with username and date?

Western Rep.

99 Honda CRV: (Always Changing) ___________ 79 F-150: Show Truck ________________
    -Head Unit: Eclipse CD7100________________ -Head Unit: Eclipse CD7100
    -Sub Stage: Sundown SD-2 8's sealed________ -Sub Stage: Looking
    -Mids/Highs: Deciding_____________________ -Mids/Highs: Scan Speak & Blaupunkt
    -Sub Amp: MMATS Hifi 6 channel____________ -Sub Amp: American Warrior Set (Zed Built)
    -Mid Amp: ^^^ 5/6 bridged at 1 ohm_________ -Mid Amp: ^^^

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Re: 18" RE XXX sub - 2007 ver. Local Pickup Only - Pittsburgh & surrounding areas

Phoenix Risen is offline OG.... Original Ginger

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

you paid 400 bucks for a simple sealed box?

anyway, not a horrible price, but it will be rough to move since you wont ship.

R.I.P. 2008 Hyundai Tiburon GS
    2005 Subaru Baja turbo, build in planing stages.

iLLsT0LZ is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

great drivers! people dog on the newer versions all the time but i have two and they sound very nice and take the power well. make sure you know what your doing though as these are very susceptible to clipping. (thats why i feel they get a bad rap. some dumb rich kid buys them they fail cus hes an idiot and its the subs fault.) Bump for some great speakers op!

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yeah, I understand the difficulty in finding a buyer due to the local pickup only - I just have no packing materials nor knowledge on how to properly send a 90 pound speaker thru UPS. I do have the round container it shipped in, but again I do not have any packing materials and UPS will charge upwards of $100 to ship and insure it - if there is a prospective buyer who REALLY wants this, is willing to pay for the shipping outright no questions asked I can contact UPS as I believe they actually offer a service in which they will package your item for you - but I doubt they know how to properly package a 90 pound speaker.

Closed Thread