+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast

Reload Thread: Proper Door Sound Deadening and You

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Proper Door Sound Deadening and You

well with all these hurricanes it will not be good times for fiberglassing. yes thats right its not sunny after all in san diego.

Its 106 miles to chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, its dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Go, passer-by, and tell the world
    That we perished in the cause,
    Faithful to our orders.

War Is Not Pro Life.

lil azn 06 is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i cutted the mdf woods and bought non hardening clay (1 lb for 2.99 x 3)so i was wondering if...

- for the hole of the mdf ring, should i make it a perfect circle or does it not matter? (it is somewhat uneven, but non the less a semi circle.
    - I put clay bwt the door and mdf ring and clay bwt the mdf ring and the speaker correct?
    - I also put clay surrounding the ring correct?
    - How thick should the layer of clay be for contact bwt the mdf/door and mdf/speaker?

dleccord is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

[QUOTE=Decado]I don't understand what you're saying, MDF is a specific kind of wood, medium density fiberboard.

thanks for putting it in perspective now, i thought it could be anywood but thanks now

REFS
    blackgeltabs, theCybe(2x), xplcitcustmz, mabel4life, bumpn_gt , PENER, BLD 25, j3bus2k3(3x) , PRIVATEpastry, guy022077(3x), alpine3612, 03tibgt, rocky 59, mattmcss, yotabeater,pepsican, iceteebone(2x), sfsloop @ mac. com, vincemarq, maldecido33, dalucifer, BassAddictJ, thakidgame, Scoobydoo, marcusb419er, nVRuckus, frkkevin, killahbean, CBFryman2, Zeuslicious(2x), bizzy07, expo5.0, dragonrage, 1loudsuv, nismos14, James Bang, mtlhead, Rsx_03, thaster, teamsubgopoof, CRAZYCORNUTS18, ggk, Colt9699(2x), thangalang, BloodStalker999, dwaynem, chaunb3400, volstitan908, blackbonnie, Fast1one, nineball, rbiele126, JayRich, Al_Capowned, runwitbass

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

the guys at home depot doesn't seem to know what MDFs are . what do you guys think about using plywood instead?

REFS
    blackgeltabs, theCybe(2x), xplcitcustmz, mabel4life, bumpn_gt , PENER, BLD 25, j3bus2k3(3x) , PRIVATEpastry, guy022077(3x), alpine3612, 03tibgt, rocky 59, mattmcss, yotabeater,pepsican, iceteebone(2x), sfsloop @ mac. com, vincemarq, maldecido33, dalucifer, BassAddictJ, thakidgame, Scoobydoo, marcusb419er, nVRuckus, frkkevin, killahbean, CBFryman2, Zeuslicious(2x), bizzy07, expo5.0, dragonrage, 1loudsuv, nismos14, James Bang, mtlhead, Rsx_03, thaster, teamsubgopoof, CRAZYCORNUTS18, ggk, Colt9699(2x), thangalang, BloodStalker999, dwaynem, chaunb3400, volstitan908, blackbonnie, Fast1one, nineball, rbiele126, JayRich, Al_Capowned, runwitbass

JimJ is offline Tangled Up in Blue

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Baltic birch plywood would work as well...although I highly doubt they don't stock MDF.

JAZN is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lil azn 06
    i cutted the mdf woods and bought non hardening clay (1 lb for 2.99 x 3)so i was wondering if...

- for the hole of the mdf ring, should i make it a perfect circle or does it not matter? (it is somewhat uneven, but non the less a semi circle.
    - I put clay bwt the door and mdf ring and clay bwt the mdf ring and the speaker correct?
    - I also put clay surrounding the ring correct?
    - How thick should the layer of clay be for contact bwt the mdf/door and mdf/speaker?
    1) Are you talking about the speaker cutout? If so, it should be a relatively snug fit for the speaker. When you look through the mounting holes, you should only see wood.
    2) yes
    3) yes
    4)~2-3mm.

supa_c is offline Abministrator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If they dont know what MDF is then they are in the wrong store....

Decado is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dleccord
    the guys at home depot doesn't seem to know what MDFs are . what do you guys think about using plywood instead?
    Did you go in there asking for MDFs? Because they arent going to know what you're talking about. Ask for MDF, or medium density fiberboard, not MDFs lol .

The Rest Of My System:
    -Orion HCCA-D2400 Amp
    -RE SX 15" Subwoofer
    -MTX Thunder 564 4-way amp
    -OlogyAudio Dayton RS Component Set
    -Sirius Satellite Radio

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

LOL ...ill go do that this weekend or something

where the holloween party @ ?

REFS

Decado is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dleccord
    where the holloween party @ ?
    ???

The Rest Of My System:
    -Orion HCCA-D2400 Amp
    -RE SX 15" Subwoofer
    -MTX Thunder 564 4-way amp
    -OlogyAudio Dayton RS Component Set
    -Sirius Satellite Radio

supa_c is offline Abministrator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

screw it, just buy a sheet of OSB, 1/2 the price of MDF and it smells better

civicgirl is offline Gadget Freak

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Does anyone know how much sound deadener it takes to do a whole trunk of a 2000 Civic coupe? I want every inch of the trunk sound deadened. I am planning on using Dynamat Xtreme and I need to know how much of it I should buy. The bulk pack has 36 square feet. I also have 2 cans of the dynashield spray by dynamat.

squeak9798 is offline Banned

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by civicgirl
    Does anyone know how much sound deadener it takes to do a whole trunk of a 2000 Civic coupe? I want every inch of the trunk sound deadened. I am planning on using Dynamat Xtreme and I need to know how much of it I should buy. The bulk pack has 36 square feet. I also have 2 cans of the dynashield spray by dynamat.
    Dynamat Xtreme = way too ****ed expensive.

www.raamaudio.com Great deadener, at 1/4 of the price.

I'd get atleast 60sqft, should be enough to do 1 full layer and some 2nd layer in the resonant areas. IIRC I used ~30-40sqft to do 1 layer on my trunk, and it's pretty decent sized.

civicgirl is offline Gadget Freak

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by squeak9798
    Dynamat Xtreme = way too ****ed expensive.

www.raamaudio.com Great deadener, at 1/4 of the price.

I'd get atleast 60sqft, should be enough to do 1 full layer and some 2nd layer in the resonant areas. IIRC I used ~30-40sqft to do 1 layer on my trunk, and it's pretty decent sized.
    Thanks squeak. Where else should I put some sound deadener. I already have some installed on my car doors and rear deck. I am getting 1 12in type R. Well I already have it but it will be installed this weekend.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by civicgirl
    Thanks squeak. Where else should I put some sound deadener. I already have some installed on my car doors and rear deck. I am getting 1 12in type R. Well I already have it but it will be installed this weekend.
    Doors, trunk, wheelwell, dash, rear deck, under carpet, under the hearliner.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast