Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Speaker set-up

randcuya is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Speaker set-up

hey i just wanted to say that i am kind of a noob but would like to know what the best set-up for interior (not including sub) speakers is?

You know 6.5 comp or coax in back or 6x9 coax in back 6.5 comp in front 6x9 in back ETC. I just want to know what the best set-up is; brand doens't matter and neither does size, what i want to know is the size and placment?

PS. first post so forgive repeat questions.

squeak9798 is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Speaker set-up

First thing to realize is that there is no "best" brand or best speaker or size.

Your best option is to upgrade your fronts first to a good quality component set, ran by an external amplifier. If you can fit them, 6.5" comps would be great. For now either leave the rears stock or completely disconnect them. Only reason to keep rear speakers once you have a properly upgraded front stage is simply to provide a little fill for rear seat passengers. If you rarily have rear seat passengers, then I'd absolutely forget about them.

As for what would be good product recommendations, it all depends on how much you have to spend.

Nikuk is offline Been Gone Too Long

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by squeak9798
    First thing to realize is that there is no "best" brand or best speaker or size.

Your best option is to upgrade your fronts first to a good quality component set, ran by an external amplifier. If you can fit them, 6.5" comps would be great. For now either leave the rears stock or completely disconnect them. Only reason to keep rear speakers once you have a properly upgraded front stage is simply to provide a little fill for rear seat passengers. If you rarily have rear seat passengers, then I'd absolutely forget about them.

As for what would be good product recommendations, it all depends on how much you have to spend.
    He's mostly right.

When it comes to general listening pleause, you really need to consider what it is that you are listening to, and what you ike about it. Then you can begin the wonderful & fun process of trying to reproduce the music the way that you want to.

The more info you give about what you want to accomplish, the more helpful this forum can be

-Nick

What the f00k happened to this place?

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i have a 75 x 2 @4 ohms amp that i would like to use and i listen to mostly hip-hop and rock. i have a 12" Alpine type r and would like to get comps that would go good with that. as for budget no more thatn 300$.

i like to hear a good baseline but what i really don't want is when they sing s's or t's etc they don't hurt your ears. I've noticed that with mine.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

$300 leaves you quite a few options. Contact the member on here Tplaya07 about the OZ Audio and DLS offerings in that price range (he's an authorized dealer of both, and has many many references from people on various forums that have purchased off of him). Focal Polyglass are in that price range, as are Alpine Type-R's, MB Quart PCE216's, Diamond Audio S600a Hex's, Rainbow Contour Line components.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i do ride with people in the back a lot so should i go with 6x9's or 6.5 and coax or comp.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by randcuya
    i do ride with people in the back a lot so should i go with 6x9's or 6.5 and coax or comp.
    I'd leave the rear stock for now and run them off the HU; concentrate all your money on upgrading the frontstage alone right now.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i was looking at the Boston SL60's and i can get them for $220.00 + s/h. i was wondering if these were any good and for the price. Or i was also thinking about the RE Audio RE comps. i was also wondering where i could get those
    Last edited by randcuya; 03-23-2005 at 08:42 PM.

TrlcKed_OuT is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

what if there is no good place to mount tweeters in the front ???? i have a 2001 f-150 and cant find a good spot that they wouldnt look gay in what are my options now??

Current system:
    03 Ford Explorer
    iraggi 300amp alt (on its way)
    Red top under hood and deka 9a31 in back ( on its way)
    stock mids and highs
    Pioneer Z110bt headunit
    1 18'' TC9/Audioque In 6cubes tuned to 32hz
    Audioque 3500D
    Handles the lows just fine

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by randcuya
    i was looking at the Boston SL60's and i can get them for $220.00 + s/h. i was wondering if these were any good and for the price.
    Yes. BA makes very good speakers

Or i was also thinking about the RE Audio RE comps. i was also wondering where i could get those
    You need to call RE and see if there are any dealers in your area. If there are not, then you can order directly from RE (again, you'll need to call RE for that)

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TrlcKed_OuT
    what if there is no good place to mount tweeters in the front ???? i have a 2001 f-150 and cant find a good spot that they wouldnt look gay in what are my options now??

Function > Fashion

Doesn't matter if they look "gay", put them in the spot that sounds the best.

Worse comes to worse, you could get a little metal bar to build a tweeter bridge, and "co-axially" mount them in the middle of the mid. But only if they still perform well from that location.

mrhoggy is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have recently installed the BA SL60 splits in the front of my car and WOW.they are brilliant and at the moment Im running them of my 9831 alpine until I get an amp. Im used to Sonus Faber monitors at home and the BA still impressed me. Highly recommended

Alpine 9831
    Boston SL60
    Boston NX97

Closed Thread