Closed Thread

Reload Thread: need help soundstaging

nas786 is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

need help soundstaging

...i think its called soundstaging.
    anyway, i got a set of focal utopia 6.5's for my front doors, which are a pretty good component set, the thing is that now i need to get some coaxials to go with them.

I am under the impression that rears should matter that much because they are there mainly just for rear fill, so i figured to go with something cheap, like $150 max.

Or is that a bad idea, will i not do my focal's justice by pairing it with cheaper coax's??

squeak9798 is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: need help soundstaging

Well, I personally wouldn't even bother putting anything back there. But, if you must, definitely go as cheap as you can.....like $75. Honestly, there are some pretty decent sounding co-axials for $75, and you definitely don't need anything breath-taking back there.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

wouldn't that sound really crappy to the person in the backseat though??

i'm probably going to have 1000 watts to my subs in the trunk, so would you guys recommend getting some decently powered coax's, or is that a waste of money? i've never rode in the back before, so i don't really know.

Vestax is offline Blends No. 27

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Wow, I never thought I'd see soundstaging and rearfill in the same thread.

If you had to, Infinity Reference coaxials go as low as $60 on some sites. They are should be nice and bright.. like the TN51's on the Utopias

I agree though, don't spend more than $75 on rearfill.

USUC World Champion - Stock System Class, Super Street Division Special Edition Bose 26 piece speaker system with enhanced ported tweeters. 89.2 db Legal, 89.6 db Outlaw
    Antonio Corleone, Uptown Golden Ear Mafia

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

o, apparently it isn't called soundstaging....

whatever, basically trying to get a nice balance in the car.

squeak9798 is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nas786
    wouldn't that sound really crappy to the person in the backseat though??
    Not enough to warrant spending more money on them. Honestly, there are some pretty good sounding co-axials that don't cost an absolute arm and a leg. If you want to run rear-fill, $75 will get you a pretty good sounding set of co-axials.

i'm probably going to have 1000 watts to my subs in the trunk, so would you guys recommend getting some decently powered coax's, or is that a waste of money? i've never rode in the back before, so i don't really know.
    I wouldn't put anything back there. I don't know what you drive....but I'd leave the rear-fill spots open to allow the sub to vent through into the cabin.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by squeak9798
    If you want to run rear-fill, $75 will get you a pretty good sounding set of co-axials.

can you give some examples?

anyone know anything about pg tantrums? i might consider those....

i know, i'm probably looking to much into it, but **** it, that's how you learn ****. thanks to you guys for helping me out

audiolife is offline WhAt?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

before you get too gung ho about this get a test cd. autosound 2000 has many that deal with stageing. get the cd go to a local shop that allows returns and get a set of rear fill co axles and test it out for yourself. as a betting man to yourself the level they will be tuned to they wont do anyone much good. this will also help you set your phases correctly (meaning you might have to flip phase on your mid bass or 1 of your tweets.)

Sony Mobile ES C-90 Audison Bit-One
    Audison LRx 3.1 MT
    Hertz HSK 130
    Mid Bass ?
    DB Drive K5 15
    Kinetik 1400HC
    avital 2200 alarm
    dynamat extreme

Dj-torn is offline Still learning...

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nas786
    ...i think its called soundstaging.
    anyway, i got a set of focal utopia 6.5's for my front doors, which are a pretty good component set, the thing is that now i need to get some coaxials to go with them.

I am under the impression that rears should matter that much because they are there mainly just for rear fill, so i figured to go with something cheap, like $150 max.

Or is that a bad idea, will i not do my focal's justice by pairing it with cheaper coax's??

I have a set of Pioneer 6x9 5-ways in the rear and they sound amazing running of the factory Head Unit. For your budget i would recomend the 4 ways if you have the space cuz my friend has them in his car and they sound equally as good.

But hey it all depends on the sound that you are trying to acheive, go out listen to speakers and pic the one the sounds the best to you. Everybody has different taste some like highs other like low's, me i like a nice inbetween, and the pioneers do that just great espacially for the $$

http://search.ebay.com/ts-a6980r_W0Q...rbinZtQQsojsZ1

Sleeklsc is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Ref's:1. Midwestcustoms 1.5. Desertheat 2. Mjbailey 3. Terryracing86 4. Sickmint79 5. Untouchable11 6. mattj 7. Ssweet96 8. Kool9accord 9.Kristinspapi10. Kmhogan224 11. Alpine3612 -x3- 12. Vectork39 13. Livinlife 14.Chriscivic 15. Violentraptor 16. Ricky616 17. Bassaddictj 18.orioles26 19.Khail19 20. jak3th3snak311 21. Myjaja 22. Springy101 x2 23. Ali1 24. Privatepastry 25. Plus about 10+ more..

Closed Thread