Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Reload Thread: Front speaker, what should i go with?

Dj-torn is offline Still learning...

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Icon32 Front speaker, what should i go with?

I have an 02 Camry, and im looking to boosting the SQ and loudness of it. I am looking into 6.5 component speakers that don't break the budget of $140 and sound great with a factory HU. Currently im looking into the;
    Pioneer TS-160R - http://www.nextag.com/serv/main/buye...s-c160r&node=0

Feed back please.
    Last edited by Dj-torn; 01-21-2005 at 11:16 AM.

squeak9798 is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Front speaker, what should i go with?

Are you using an external amp? If not, I'd suggest just going with a good quality co-axials. Something along the lines of Boston Acoustics, MB Quart, Focal, Alpine, Pioneer REV series, etc etc.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

As of right now now im not using an amp. I was looking at the rev compent speakers from pioneer for the front. But once i establish what kind of power i will need for the front i will purchase the amp accordingly.
    I was planing on getting the Pioneer Gm-6000F to power the front speakers, its 4 channel (rated at a continous 120Wx2 bridged @ 4ohm) with an RCA out put where i could hook up a second amp the GM-5000T for my rear speakers which are pioneer 6x9 5 ways.

iceteebone is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

some good budget components that sound really nice are dls c6 comps. talk to djdilliodon on aim, he'll give you a good price.

tRiGgEr is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I would not by components unless running an external amp. If you plan on getting an amp in the near futur, find out what speakers you want first then purchase a matching amp.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoobydoo View Post
    Before poking fun at others at least learn to spell. I won't go into all the gammar mistakes!
    Irony?

Quote Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
    Your sig... Im trying to figure out if you think he spelled grammar wrong. Because, he didn't. Irony indeed.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What do you guys think of these speakers to use in the front of my car

Tweeter:
    http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAu...roductID=14546

Midrange:
    http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAu...roductID=14547

Are they worth the money, are they not? As you can tell i am trying to stick with the pioneer theme, so that i can get a sponsership form them. If anybody has any info on how to get sponsered i would appreaciate it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dj-torn

Tweeter:

Midrange:

Are they worth the money, are they not? As you can tell i am trying to stick with the pioneer theme, so that i can get a sponsership form them. If anybody has any info on how to get sponsered i would appreaciate it.

i don't think i'm following you here. you originally said you wanted to keep your budget at $140 but now you want o buy $200 tweeters and mids? and then possibly not amp them? i don't think pioneer will sponsor you with just a set of tweeters and mids. i believe you have to do some sweet *** install and do some comps before they will sponsor you. and finally if you are spending that much money, i wouldn't go for pioneer.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

As of right now now im not using an amp. I was looking at the rev compent speakers from pioneer for the front. But once i establish what kind of power i will need for the front i will purchase the amp accordingly.
    I was planing on getting the Pioneer Gm-6000F to power the front speakers, its 4 channel (rated at a continous 120Wx2 bridged @ 4ohm) with an RCA out put where i could hook up a second amp the GM-5000T for my rear speakers which are pioneer 6x9 5 ways.

Don't amp your rears....if you must run rear, just run them off of your headunit.

There are better amps than Pioneer. Anymore, amps aren't really their strong suit. What amp to get really depends upon your budget....there are "budget" amps I'd get instead of Pioneer.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Tweeter:

Midrange:

Those Pioneer Rev comps are pretty nice.....or atleast they were last time I heard them. But I'd just look for the complete comp set rather than buying the mids and tweets separately.

Forget about getting sponsored.....unless you already have a few world championships (or atleast a few trips to world finals) in either SQ or SPL, it ain't going to happen....so cross that off your list. Go ahead and try....but at best you'll get a free T-shirt or hat.

With that in mind, don't limit yourself to only Pioneer. No single company has the best products to offer in every price range for every type of product. You'll end up with much better equipment overall if you widen your search to other brands, IMHO.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

First and fore most i had a reply for everybody, but due to some technical dificulties it was all erased, but since i want to replay to everybody im going to be brief and to the point to the best of my abilities.

1. The mid and tweeters were a REALLY long shot, but i was just wondering whether it was worth the wait or if i there are other means of getting what i want.

2. Thank you for the heads up with a pioneer sponsership. That would have been a waste of time.

3. What would you recomend as some good 6.5" Component speakers and some 3.5" speakers. I am very much into SQ, and i like to be able to listen to my music w/ my windows rolled down as i drive on the high way. If i must save up some more in order to achieve this then let me know.

4. What would be a good amp for the the component speakers and what would power a pair of pioneer 6x9 5ways (my rear speaker, which i want to powe b/c of my prefereance to rear fill)?

5. As far as a HU is concerened i have started a new thread under HUs concerning the HU that im interested in. Later i will post a link to that thread.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Today i had to change my tags so while i was at it i took apart my front door panel, i pulled out my factory speaker and realized that i have some really good clearance for some powerful speakers. I also realized that could even place the same speakers i have in the rear (pioneer 6x9 5ay nominal 80W*) in the front. What do you guys think?

*http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WD1V

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

don't put 6x9's in the front. a good set of components up front should do and there really shouldn't be a need for rearfill but that's up to you. is your budget still $140? if so those dls c6 comps would be nice and fit your budget.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Im looking for the dls c6 comps but i can't seem to find them, you got link or any suggestions where i can listen to these. I like to listen before i buy.

And thank you

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Im looking for the dls c6 comps but i can't seem to find them, you got link or any suggestions where i can listen to these. I like to listen before i buy.

And thank you

not too many people sell them. you can talk to djdilliodon on aim, he sells them

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The member Tplaya07 is a DLS and OZ Audio dealer. For DLS, those c6 are good. Also, I believe he can get you OZ Audio Vector 6.5 comps for $115 shipped, and they sound really good, especially for the price. If you want to listen before you buy, then hop on their webpages and look for a local dealer..... DLS: http://www.dls.se/english/index.htm, OZ Audio; http://www.ozaudio.com/index.shtml

I still say that if you must run rears, just power them from your HU's rear outputs and only amp the fronts with an external amp.

As ice mentioned, I wouldn't run 6x9's in front. If you want to go a cheaper route, go with some 6.5" co-axials. Also, that 5-way stuff is just a marketing scheme. With co-axials, basically anything more than 2-way is just marketing.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast