Closed Thread

Reload Thread: wtb, need help with comps.....

traksta15 is offline I love lamp.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Icon32 wtb, need help with comps.....

ok, here is my situation, i drive a 90 camaro (doubt that matters) and i just replaced my subs/amp (sig), and now i'm goin to upgrade my highs, mids, cause right now all i have is some cheap pioneer 4x6's and pioneer 6x9's (they came with the car) and you can barely hear them when u turn it up and then they crackle for a while afterwards and i know pioneer SPEAKERS are = or < mediocre, so here are my questions.........

1. would i be better off buying some new 4x6's for the dash, and some new 6x9's for the rear (will be amped) or.........

2. buying some new components and build some kicks (like 6.5's prolly) and amp them...(no rear fill or rear fill, or just a preferance?)

3. does anyone have any suggestions on what i should buy (speaks and amp), i would prefer to buy some new ones from a company, not individual persons please...

im only lookin to spend around $100 bucks maybe a lil more if it's worth it.....(dependin on which option)..........

any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you in advance...

Kenwood ddx712
    boston acoustics z6
    arc audio 300.4
    40 sq ft damplifier

squeak9798 is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: wtb, need help with comps.....

IMHO, the best thing you could do is hold off till you can accumulate more money. $100 won't really buy you much of an upgrade over what you have now.

But, for future reference, IMO the thing to do is buy a good comp set and forget about rear-fill, build some kicks or door pods and power them with a solid amp. $100 is not going to allow you to do that. I'd honestly hold off till you have [atleast] $300 to spend for the comp set/amp combo.

You spent $500 on something that plays less than 1% of the frequencies.....the least you could do is invest a decent amount of money into reproducing the other 99% of them

Closed Thread

User Tag List